Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 10/4/2004 4:59:16 PM EDT
Hello everyone.I was wondering if there was anyone around my area?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:31:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, plenty!  South Austin here.

We have a CenTex Krew dinner the 3rd Sat of the month since it coincides with the SAXET gun show.  You and your family are always welcome to join us.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:33:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't forget to attend Gunstock!  10/15-17 in Waco.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:19:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I believe im late for gunstock.But I shall attend the saxet gun show or maybe a dinner with ya'll.I need a bayonet for my new found ar15 and laser sight.I had a pre ban colt 92model sp hbar.Lost it on home sale.But im back :) Bought a new one friday m4..With out the awb bullshit its got it all lug flash no pinned stock a2 upper a2 flash.We need to get a group of us in this area that appreciate such a fine firearm.Im game...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:32:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:48:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:33:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Another South Austin member here.   Fairly new to AR15.com also, so I am still lurking and learning from the others.

DPeacher - Where and when is the CenTex Krew dinner?

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Cedar Park
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:02:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:22:18 PM EDT
[#10]
yeah, you Austin guys!  Quit being a herd of cats!  Come out to the next Central Texas Crew Dinner!   Check here for times and locations.  

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:46:23 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Another South Austin member here.   Fairly new to AR15.com also, so I am still lurking and learning from the others.

DPeacher - Where and when is the CenTex Krew dinner?

Thanks

It is the 3rd Saturday of the month, unless there is a BIG function out of town.  This month, it would have been on the 16th, HOWEVER, Gunstock is on the 15th-17th so go to Gunstock in Waco since that's where the vast majority of the CenTex Krew (and DFW, and Houston Krews) will be.  Really, you don't want to miss Gunstock.

The location varies from month to month to keep things interesting and to make travel more equitable for everyone over the course of time.

Keep your eyes open here on the Texas Hometown board.  MrsGloftoe (aka "The Den Mother" ) will post a thread a week or so in advance that will give the time and place.  Just stay tuned, you can't miss it.

Remember, 3rd Saturday of the month same as the SAXET gun show.  EVERYONE and their family is invited.

Did I mention you should come to Gunstock???
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:51:11 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
South Austin here.  I'm new to the boards but perhaps a few of the locals know who we are.

Scott Swank
GDS Enterprises

Great to have you guys aboard!  I've bought quite a few AR parts and accessories from you guys.  It sure is good to have a local dealer.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Welcome.  Leander/Cedarpark area here.  Anybody interested in an Austin Crew poker night?  I could host.

Debo
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:54:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
South Austin here.  I'm new to the boards but perhaps a few of the locals know who we are.

Scott Swank
GDS Enterprises

Welcome!  Yeah, the monthly CenTex dinner will be held at Gunstock, since it coincides with our CenTex dinner dates.  But the wife-unit does try and coordinate our monthly get-to-gethers, and we hope to see you at some!  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:55:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Welcome.  Leander/Cedarpark area here.  Anybody interested in an Austin Crew poker night?  I could host.

Debo

Unless you want to play for matchsticks and pennies, it would be cheaper for me to just start an allotment.  I can't play poker for shit.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:00:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:01:21 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 4:40:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Far far north Austin, in Williamson County.
Would be very interested in a poker game.

DanM
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:30:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Are any of the Austin crew spending the night at Gunstock or in Waco?  

After All I should Go.

Will there be a meeting place for the Austin area folks?  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:31:09 PM EDT
[#23]
SouthWest Austin here.  Not gonna make it to Gunstock this year, have family issues that need to be taken care of this weekend.  I promise next year!!!!!!!.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:10:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
SouthWest Austin here.  Not gonna make it to Gunstock this year, have family issues that need to be taken care of this weekend.  I promise next year!!!!!!!.

Gunstock ain't this weekend.  It's the one after it!
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:57:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:15:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:21:31 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:28:58 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:25:24 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Gunstock ain't this weekend.  It's the one after it!

I am aware of that, but I had to take this weekend off of work, and I don't have anymore days left for a while.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:47:49 PM EDT
[#30]
SW/Oak Hill here. I want to come to Gunstock this year I missed it last year. The wife has a baby shower that weekend so it is a definite maybe. I'll try to get my partner in crime to go with me. I am trying to turn him into a shooter.

Can you pay at the gate?

96Ag
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:52:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Wimberley (far South Austin -- or Northwest San Marcos).

Wolf
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Scott Swank
GDS Enterprises

Welcome!  Yeah, the monthly CenTex dinner will be held at Gunstock, since it coincides with our CenTex dinner dates.  But the wife-unit does try and coordinate our monthly get-to-gethers, and we hope to see you at some!  

I appreciate the invite,  unfortunately I'm not sure how realistic it will be for us to attend the get-togethers since we're at the show working.  However, if the gatherings are after show hours we may be able to attend upon occasion.

I know for a fact that we will not be at Gunstock this year since it books against the Austin show, and well...  a guy's gotta make a living.  I'll keep my eyes open for the next get-together announcement and perhaps if the timings right we can make it out.

Scott

The gatherings usualy start around 7pm or so.  Also, did you know there will be a large vendor tent at Gunstock?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:11:38 PM EDT
[#33]
Pflugerville here.

Doesn't DoubleFeed ever shut up?
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Pflugerville here.

Doesn't DoubleFeed ever shut up?

No.  He talks more than any three women I've ever met.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:52:14 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#36]
Round Rock and Gunstock Bound
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Im in Cedar Park.Lived in austin before ,but bought a home here.In cedar chooperville lol.We need to meet up for a weekend shoot.Im in.I think it would be great fun to meet up with ya'll and shoot the shit or shoot the shit out of it.I must admit my favorite range here in central texas.Hands down is the Austin Skeet and Riffle Range.Stan the older guy/owner is cool..Free targets to shoot very laxed gun range.And to be quite  honest the people that shoot there are polite and friendly. You can't beat that with a stick.See ya there soon.Im going this weekend on Saturday possible Sunday too .After I hit Saxet Gun show..My name is Bill.I started this forum.And if youre there this weekend I will say hello to ya.Shooting my ar 15  is always a pleasure.Unfortunatley I work and can only shoot on the weekends.Hey bring a shot gun lets shoot some skeet too...I love shooting it with a short barrel and pistol grip .That is alot of fun and actually I hit alot of skeet 7/8 shot with this set up. A challenge is alot of funHERE....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 9:07:08 PM EDT
[#38]
PPPflugerville here. I'll be at Saxet on Saturday, spending money at GDS...
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:40:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 5:10:17 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Scott Swank
GDS Enterprises

Tell Gerald Hi, will see him this weekend.
Oh, yeah, Jonestown
Borg
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 7:55:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Damn went to the saxet show bought a rail mount and all light and laser.Screw on pic rail for a fixed handle ar..Well I can say this Aimshot sucks. Except for the tac light,it still works.BUT GET A METAL RING TO HOLD THE LIGHT WHERE YOU CAN FIX IT..Im going back tommorow and buying a bad ass laser sight for my Ar no 100 dollar laser will cut it mil spec will due.Looking in the 400 to one thousand price range. Sure fire baby lol...Hmmn did I mention my girlfriend calls my ar my second girl.UM I THINK SHE IS RIGHT WHAT DO YOU THINK???Love my ar....When you have to have a system the works it costs bottom line ...............I  tried the cheap route yeah the flash light is sweet but if you want a laser figure on spending major dollars. Oh by the way the last line was a period.......BE HONEST AIMSHOT MAKES A WELL PRICED FLASHLIGHT AND IT WORKS WITH THE RIGHT MOUNTING SYSTEM .Their lasers suck..Dont buy a cheap laser....Figure 400 bucks or more and here we go again period............................................ Went thru 2 lasers from them in one day both dont work.Can you say Visa and mastercard.Charge back.Goodness both cards are a high volume bussiness acount.One phone call is all it takes...Reverse charges in 24 hours.No questions asked..Bottom line Im keeping my aim shot tac light but opting for a serious military laser sight.FIxed on the best laser price is not a object when it comes to quality.Any Flash light will do as long as it works all the time but a laser is a percision device buy the best you can or can't afford..Period
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:26:54 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
PPPflugerville here.

I'll be at Saxet on Saturday, spending money at GDS...

Me too! Send me an IM and we'll exchange addresses. Always neat to know a fellow Black Rifle afficionado...
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 2:29:44 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
Damn went to the saxet show bought a rail mount and all light and laser.<snip>

Why would you buy a laser?

Not trying to offend you or anything, but I don't think you'll find anyone recommending a laser for a combat weapon. Yes, they're neat toys, but for the price you're talking about, I think you'd find most people would buy a nice Aimpoint or Eotech. Much more useful than a laser.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 5:41:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Well I returned that junk.Got a streamlight m6 with tac/laser combo.They didn't have any sure fire products except the flashlight at the show.But I think I done well with this setup.Lasers are cool for night time shooting.And the light that comes in this bundle is  very bright.I also winded up buying a red dot by ZOS.All and all im happy..

Latest edition

Which the zos has been retired for a eotech 552 rev f
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Pflugerville here.

Otherside of 35 from Pflugerville. Wells Branch. House is currently for sale. Moving back to MN for family reasons.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:39:24 PM EDT
[#46]
South Austin here near Barton Skyway and Mopac (soon to be a damned toll road I'm afraid).
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:17:48 PM EDT
[#47]
Yeah what is up with toll roads that were already paid for thru taxes............???Isnt it bad enough gas prices are high property taxes and all.And to top it off the people that work here have taken a drop in pay..Damn it cost me alot in gas/property.Chevy pick up and then they want to charge me to drive roads that have been paid for.Well either this area needs to bring more bussiness  grow other then the high tech slacky jobs<slaky I mean if your working your very fortunate>and raise the pay of current jobs or their will be alot of people moving back out of austin. As fast as they move in.If they put tolls on the roads...It will affect all areas of our economy in austin which aint good now.Lets make it worse.Isint it bad enough things are over priced.Lets just make it worse for our neighbors.Great plan they have ,all it amounts to is dollars for them less for you.Contact your local tree hugger and ring his or her neck. Austin wont allow any other bussiness then the high slack tech...In fact they turned down alot of factories/drug companines.Its time for austin to grow if we want to survive.Beleive it or not this is why other cities do well and ours is in a record decline...Diversified work force keeps the ball in motion.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:29:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Hey guys on a diff note.Lets see pics of your ar.Lol.Also I would like to be able to put mine up in this forum.Do I need a web site for that??I tried to put  a pic in and it said website reference.???Or just a  jpeg or bmp??I dont know help thanks...
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:12:18 PM EDT
[#49]
about 5 blocks north of UT campus here
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 9:37:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Wow suprisingly there are alot of us here.Im always at the austin skeet and riffle range every weekend just about. sat/sun or at least one of the two sure enough look for a ar15 armalite all black for now but not soon and ask names im Bill.Now that aint hard to pic out.IF it looks tactical  its me lol.I know all the instructors and owner there quite well  first name basis and been going there for  over 4 years.This is my favorite range out of all in austin. And I travel from cedar park to manor. long ride for me since there are 2 ranges just right around the corner from me..That says alot right there a shooting experience is worth a thousand words.Picture that..
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top