Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 9:26:11 AM EDT
Any word yet on when Brian will be opening the new shop?
Link Posted: 8/23/2003 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Bump for a good question.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 10:33:06 AM EDT
[#2]
In the thread about a NY shoot on 9/28 Hiram mentioned that that was the weekend they were shooting for to do a 'grand opening/ARFCOM member appreciation sale' thingy...  That thread is still active if you want to go look.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 11:02:10 AM EDT
[#3]
That other thread is here. Hiram says that Brian will be opening B&J "in September". I hope it will be early September. Hiram?

I saw a sign ten days ago on the window of J&J Sports (the "J" formerly of B&J Shooting Supply) saying that they will open on September 1.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
holy cow .. i was just coming from a friends camp 15 minutes ago and saw " J&J shooting and ammo " in the highi 1700 block of western ave ..  i figured .. AWESOME .. new gun shop in the capital district .. so i stopped by and saw sign in window ... official opening sept 2 .. jim was in there .. i went to door that was open ... and talked to him ... he was way in the back kinda speakin loud to me while i was at door .. no guns .. lotsa knives and stuff that B & J's had in the same glass lookin case at door ..  he said it was amazing that he got his FFL in guilderland .. this and that .. so i wished him luck and moved on ..
then as i was driving home.. it dawned on me .. ... THAT he was the J in B & J's ...
he he ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 4:36:32 PM EDT
[#5]
From my understanding, and this is through secondhand knowledge, Jim may never possess an FFL again.  He is not even allowed to be a partner in store.  He would have to be an employee of the store... albeit a very highly paid employee.  Once again, this is what I've been told, I have no way of verifying this short of talking to Jim.

Brian is shooting (pun intended) for opening in the middle of September and I'm hoping we can get the gang to the shop.  Would be nice if anyone going to Gunstock could stock up on whatever supplies they need.

I spent about two hours at the shop yesterday.  Damn it is going to be gorgeous!  Brian has some great plans lined up and this shop will be better than the last... if that is even possible!

He plans on stocking all your favorite lines: Glock, Sig, Walther, H&K, Kimber, Kel-tec, Bushmaster, Rock River, Colt, Remington, Steyr, Cooper...  And of course special orders and cheap transfers for ARFCOM Team Members.
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#6]
cheap transfers ? ....  wehew .. im sick of throwing down 30 bucks every time i buy a gun out of state .. sheesh ...
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 6:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Chrisp, Brian always did $20 transfers for Team members... yet another great benefit for NY guys that pony up $20 for membership.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 2:08:22 PM EDT
[#8]
i know .. thats where i always did my transfers until he closed b&j's ... now i have to go to neudeckers and pay 30 ..  i dont mind neudeckers as its literally 2 minutes from me .. or given the 'lil' guy my business .. but cmon .. 30 bucks for a transfer ?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:07:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Any NEW info? I've been moving the last two weeks and wasn't able to check anything.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:34:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Well Helldoggy is supposed to get off his keister and post that we have a tentative gathering planned for Saturday the 20th of this month.

Brian should be open by the 15th.  Not sure if Helldog is planning on a day trip since we know there won't be any winter storms to worry about, or people are planning on staying the night.

In any event I imagine the gathering will at least be patronizing the shop from like 11-3 and an early dinner at this fabulous restaurant that Lorie, Helldog and I went to called the Barnsider.

Keep your eyes here over the next couple days for further details.  I'm working the elections tomorrow so I'll be away from the keyboard from around 8 tomorrow morning until around 11 tomorrow night.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:37:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:09:57 PM EDT
[#12]
If I can find a few spare minutes in the morning I'll try to swing by the shop and take some pictures so you can see the progress and get an idea of what Brian has in mind.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 7:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Well Helldoggy is supposed to get off his keister and post that we have a tentative gathering planned for Saturday the 20th of this month.

Brian should be open by the 15th.  Not sure if Helldog is planning on a day trip since we know there won't be any winter storms to worry about, or people are planning on staying the night.

In any event I imagine the gathering will at least be patronizing the shop from like 11-3 and an early dinner at this fabulous restaurant that Lorie, Helldog and I went to called the Barnsider.

Keep your eyes here over the next couple days for further details.  I'm working the elections tomorrow so I'll be away from the keyboard from around 8 tomorrow morning until around 11 tomorrow night.

Where has our esteemed Social Director been hiding lately?
Link Posted: 9/9/2003 9:38:11 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Where has our esteemed Social Director been hiding lately?

I've been busy with work and various computer demons..Just when you think it's all coming together, WinXP shoves it up your...well, you know.

Anyway, I'll post the topic sometime today. Also, anyone who plans on being in NYC this Thursday is welcome to join me and the other WTC "veterans" either near the site or for lunch afterwards at the John Street Bar.

IM or call my cell for further details.

Link Posted: 9/11/2003 12:56:30 AM EDT
[#15]
I visited the new B&J location yesterday. It's at 1702 Central Avenue, slightly less than halfway to the Northway from the old location, on the second floor of a building containing Subway and Enterprise car rental on the ground floor. There's a glass door in the middle of the building with cheap black letterring: "B & J Guns". A stairway leads to another glass door with a security screen behind it. I didn't go in, but I could see through the door a counter along the back wall with gun racks behind it and trophies hanging on the wall. That tall gorgeous woman, the sight of whom always tickled my pleasure centers at the old location, was visible, talking with someone I couldn't see, but she didn't notice me. There are four large red signs spread across the second floor windows (didn't write them down, so I may have forgotten the exact wording): "Police Supplies", "$$ for Used Guns", "GUNS", "AMMO". No announced opening date that I saw.

I'm tingling with anticipation...
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:04:10 AM EDT
[#16]
That tall drink of water is Vanessa... she and Brian have been together for a good three years now I believe.  She just turned 23 the other day.  She is also known to Mace the shit out of Brian when he starts acting... well, like Brian!
Link Posted: 9/11/2003 4:53:36 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm a married man, and now I know that Vanessa's attached, but I'll still enjoy looking... :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top