Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 4:10:01 AM EDT
Watching the news and aparently an AK47 was used in a shooting outside a music studeo where a hip-hop video was being shot for Busta Ryhmes...

I thought these things were illegal in NYC.

This isn't going to be good for NY with the anti-gun bills in the senate. I wouldn't be suprised if the shooter was one of the anit-gunners
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:26:15 AM EDT
[#1]
Seems everytime they want to pass a new law, AWs suddenly appear everywhere in crimes.  They say it was an AK, probably because of the shell casings, but could have been an SKS or Mini-30.

Doesn't anyone ever take into account the kind of individuals involved?  Like the gangsta lifestyle has no influence in the rampant violence that is part of their culture?  Take away the guns, you still have the same thugs running around.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 7:55:33 AM EDT
[#2]
Well it won't be long before Bloombutt and Silverturd are grandstanding before the news cameras and spouting their usual anti-gun nonsense. Someone in the media should ask them since AK-47s, magazines and ammunition are already outlawed in NYC why outlaws still have them. It's really a very puzzling question. I propose a multi year 50 million dollar research study to answer that question.

Man Shot Dead On Busta Rhymes Video Shoot In New York...

by Daniel Melia on 2/5/2006     More News...

A man has been shot dead after a gun fight on the set of a video shoot for rapper Busta Rhymes in New York.

The man is believed to have been a bodyguard who worked for the studio and reports suggest the police found the body on the sidewalk outside the studio after the shoot out.

According to sohh.com the incident took place just this morning just after midnight outside the Kiss The Cactus Production studio in Brooklyn where over 200 were on set for the video.

Up to fourteen shots are believed to have been fired from an AK-47 assault rifle killing the security guard and leaving a nearby car riddled with bullet holes.

Police found the 30 year old Hispanic man dead from one gunshot to the chest on the sidewalk, they’re now investigating CCTV footage to find out more information.

As yet it is not known if the shooting was related to Busta Rhymes but it is not the first occasion on which this kind of incident has happened to the rapper.

In 2003 Rhymes’ SUV was shot at while parked outside the Violator Records office in Manhattan, no one was hurt.
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 12:33:47 PM EDT
[#3]
[rapper]now I gots me some money and I'm gonna get one of dem AKs and bus a whole lotta caps[/rapper]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 4:13:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Seems everytime they want to pass a new law, AWs suddenly appear everywhere in crimes.  They say it was an AK, probably because of the shell casings, but could have been an SKS or Mini-30.

Doesn't anyone ever take into account the kind of individuals involved?  Like the gangsta lifestyle has no influence in the rampant violence that is part of their culture?  Take away the guns, you still have the same thugs running around.

Legal guns are rarely used in crimes as is nowadays compared to legal weapons .  So what would make anyone believe that an AW wont be present in the hands of criminals in NYC?!

In all honesty I dont understand why they have a weapons ban the way they do. An individual cannot even buy a shotgun without a permit in NYC!  Yet any and all criminals have guns at their side; yet a civilian cant.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:18:55 AM EDT
[#5]
You will not see or hear any protest since it was a Black Man that got shot and it was a Rapper video being made. Not that I want to see a protest or the Mayor speaking out. It just makes me sick that it depends who the gun is pointed at that makes it a problem.

Lets hope it just dies down and it was not a AK or AR involved
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:20:45 AM EDT
[#6]
You can drive to any Gunshop outside of NYC and purchase a long-gun. You toss it into your trunk and drive home to NYC. You now have an AK/AR in NYC. Until the laws change these things will continue to happen and make things worse for us the law-abiding gun owner who gets screwed whenever something like this happens  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 8:28:38 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You can drive to any Gunshop outside of NYC and purchase a long-gun. You toss it into your trunk and drive home to NYC. You now have an AK/AR in NYC. Until the laws change these things will continue to happen and make things worse for us the law-abiding gun owner who gets screwed whenever something like this happens  

I'm confused. Until what laws change?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 9:55:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm confused. Until what laws change?

I'm all for laws that will make it harder for Non Law abiding citizens to own guns. Now how to get that done I dont know
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:03:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I'm all for laws that will make it harder for Non Law abiding citizens to own guns. Now how to get that done I dont know

There is no law either at the Federal or State level that will prevent a criminal from illegally obtaining and/or using a firearm to commit a crime. NYS has a strict handgun licensing/registration law that has been in effect since the early nineteen hundreds. It has not prevented one criminal from illegally obtaining a handgun in almost a hundred years. It has only restricted the possession a handguns by law abiding citizens. It has not nor can it prevent the criminal misuse of firearms.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:31:54 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There is no law either at the Federal or State level that will prevent a criminal from illegally obtaining and/or using a firearm to commit a crime. NYS has a strict handgun licensing/registration law that has been in effect since the early nineteen hundreds. It has not prevented one criminal from illegally obtaining a handgun in almost a hundred years. It has only restricted the possession a handguns by law abiding citizens. It has not nor can it prevent the criminal misuse of firearms.

I understand that, but wouldn't it be great if there was a way where a bad guy could not go to a gun store and buy a gun LEGALLY like they can do now, and take it to a place where it is illegal to have it.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:15:09 PM EDT
[#11]
As longs as there are buyers with cash to spend illegal drugs, alcohol, explosives, firearms and other banned or restricted items will always be available for purchase by anyone willing to violate the law. Even in the most restrictive environments like maximum security prisons drugs, alcohol and sometimes firearms are smuggled in on a daily basis.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:19:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't feel that all crimes should mean that you lose the right to keep and bear arms.

I don't feel that some guy who got caught smoking a joint should not have the ability to protect himself.

I believe that you should only lose the right to keep in bear arms IF you have committed a violent crime like murder, rape, child abuse, etc...

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:21:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Interesting...

The TV news report talked only of an AK47

Fucking reporters...
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#15]
fo' shizzle dis was it...anything less wouldnt be gangsta'

ABK-47 (A Baby Killer - 47).... most definitly.....

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 3:07:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Stories in NY Post and NY Daily News only mentioned a recovered .45 calibre handgun... no mention of an AK-47 at all.

Bloombutt: We must ban AK-45 assault weapons immediatly!
Kelly: Mayor, they are already illegal to possess W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban the ammunition!
Kelly: Mayor, it is already illegal to possess ammunition W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban the magazines!
Kelly: Mayor, it is already illegal to possess a magazine W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban fingers!
Kelly: Sounds good. We'll get Silverschmuck right on it
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 7:53:00 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Stories in NY Post and NY Daily News only mentioned a recovered .45 calibre handgun... no mention of an AK-47 at all.

Bloombutt: We must ban AK-45 assault weapons immediatly!
Kelly: Mayor, they are already illegal to possess W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban the ammunition!
Kelly: Mayor, it is already illegal to possess ammunition W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban the magazines!
Kelly: Mayor, it is already illegal to possess a magazine W/O a license
Bloombutt: Then we must ban fingers!
Kelly: Sounds good. We'll get Silverschmuck right on it

omg, thats quality
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 4:35:20 AM EDT
[#18]
Maybe it's the same as when the news reports: "A semi automatic revolver"

Or, in the NY Post a few weeks ago there was a story about the NYPD officer who was killed by the
gunman accompanied by the actor Lilo Brancato. The paper had a picture of the officer's Glock 17
side by side with a S&W .357 and the article went on to state things like "the 9mm Glock is a relatively low powered firearm" and they quoted a supposed "expert" on firearms who went on record saying something to the effect: " the .357 has twice the velocity of the 9mm and is wider - so it is much more
powerful" (neglecting the fact that the .357 shoots .357" diameter bullets and the 9mm shoots .355" dimameter bullets. And neglecting the fact that the officer didn't have a chance to shoot first
(never mind the fact that it is still undisclosed what type of round the officer was shot with - could have been anything from a low power .38 LRN or target wadcutter /semiwadcutter right up through any of the high performance .38+P/+P+/or .357 Magnum loads)

In 1981 when NJ State Trooper Philip Lamonica was killed on the side of the road because his vest offered no side panel protection - the NY Times reported the officer was killed with a "....9mm - a cannon like device..."

So, the 9mm has gone from "Cannon like device" when used by a criminal to "underpowered"
when used by an LEO - - go figure.

In 1990 when CT State Trooper Russell Bagshaw was killed almost the same way - by one 9mm round that caught him through the side where there was no protection in vests commonly worn at that time - we ended up with our copy of the CA part 1 (1989 Roberti-Roos) Assault Weapons ban.
because the one bullet happened to come from either a Wilkinson or "Linda" or "Terry" carbine.

a .38 or even a .32, .25 or .22 LR would likely have produced the same result with that same shot.

By the way, according to CT State OLR (Office of Legislative Research) on guns used in homicides in CT from 1993 through 2002 the #1 most commonly used gun in CT homicide cases is STILL.....
a .38 or .357 revolver. #2 is a tie between 9mm and .40 cal. handgun. #3 is .380 #4-5-6 are .22/.25 and .32 # 7 were "other handgun calibers" # 8 was a .30-30 rifle; #9 was a Norinco SKS
(not even AK) in 7.62x39 and # 10 was ....... A Browning 16 guage O/U shotgun.

This is still fairly consistent with FBI UCR reports going back to the 1970s and 1980s that showed most police officers killed or wounded in the line of duty are shot with a firearm of EQUAL TO OR LESSER THAN the ballistic capability and firepower of the gun the officer who was shot was armed with.

More people have been murdered in CT with .30-30 lever action rifles and 16 guage over under shotguns than with AR/AK - anythings.
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 10:43:18 AM EDT
[#19]
BUSTA, YAYO WANTED FOR QUESTIONING IN SHOOTING: Also, SOHH.com reports Busta was the target, not his bodyguard.

February 7, 2006

Busta Rhymes

*SOHH.com is quoting a witness who says the bullet that killed a security guard outside of Busta Rhymes’ video shoot Sunday (Feb. 5) was meant for the rapper himself.

According to the Web site, 29-year-old Israel Ramirez, who had recently been hired to guard Busta’s jewelry, was shot and killed shortly after midnight outside of the Kiss The Cactus Production studio in the Greenpoint area of Brooklyn, NY.

A source told SOHH exclusively: “The guy went to shoot Busta Rhymes and the bodyguard jumped in front... and took the bullet. The dude was gonna shoot Busta Rhymes.”

Eyewitnesses say the shooting followed an argument that began inside the studio and spilled outside. Ramirez reportedly got caught up in the fight while trying to usher folks out of the studio.

Another eyewitness told SOHH exclusively: "I saw [Ramirez] come up to the door guy. They whispered back and forth and then I heard [Ramirez] say that something might happen."

Once the fight moved outdoors, police say “there was some pushing and shoving going on when an individual took out a gun and fired at least eight shots.”

According to police, the make of the gun used in the shooting has not been confirmed. Conflicting reports have the shots coming from either an AK47,  9mm or a .45. Eight spent shells were recovered, police say.

Busta, whose real name is Trevor Smith, was at the studio to film a video for the remix to “Touch It” on the 9th floor soundstage. According to the New York Daily News, Busta, Missy Elliott and G-Unit members, including Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo, were part of about 500 people on the scene. They were about to begin filming when the scuffle and gunfire erupted outside of the building at around 1:30 a.m., resulting in the death of Ramirez.

According to the New York Post, police are having difficulties contacting Busta Rhymes and at least 50 other people believed to have witnessed the shooting. Police are also attempting to question a reluctant Tony Yayo, who was said to have gotten into a heated argument earlier in the day that was eventually squashed by Busta. Yayo, whose real name is Marvin Bernard, denies any involvement in the shooting. In a letter to prosecutors, Yayo’s lawyer Scott Leemon said his client would refuse to voluntarily answer any questions from law enforcement.

“Please make sure he is not contacted and/or harassed by NYPD,” the letter said.

Police are also planning to seek a court order to obtain video shot inside the warehouse, believing it might provide clues about what sparked the shooting.

“Obviously, we’re very much interested in the filming that went on,” Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly told reporters at police headquarters. “So all of that film will be examined with a subpoena.”

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:21:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Fucking idiots.

Liberal reproters arguing: Might of been a 9mm? Maybe an ak47? No, could have been a 45.....
Editor: you dumbasses, it was a 9mm ak47 firing copkillers. Teflon coated. Now thatll sell papers!
Link Posted: 2/7/2006 5:27:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Eight spent shell casings recovered - hmmmm I wonder if they even KNOW what they found?

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:01:28 PM EDT
[#22]
how hard is it to tell what was used... the shell casings are so easy to tell apart...

In Texas last year when a guy shot a high school coach the initial reports were of an "AK 47". Turned out to be a .45.

The reporters must just default to "AK 47" when they don't know what was used because it pushes the liberal agenda to ban firearms....

They never retract the incorrect story because no one holds them accountable and all the sheeple remember is that "AK 47s" were used in almost every crime.

We are fighting an uphill battle. If we had more conservative news sources we wouldn't have to the problems we do today.

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 7:42:13 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Maybe it's the same as when the news reports: "A semi automatic revolver"

Hey, you never know.

I have a feeling it wasn't an AK, because it likely would have gone right through the bodyguard and hit busta anyway.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 3:22:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Or a Webley-Fosberry "semi-automatic revolver"

A liebral's guide to firearms :

If it goes bang and can be carried in a pocket = Saturday Night Special or 1990s term "Pocket Rocket"

If it is larget than a pocket pistol = "unsafe weapon"

If it goes bang-bang = assault weapon

If it can shoot through a wet paper bag at 15 feet = armor piercing

If it has a mag in front of the grip = assault weapon

If it fires hundreds of tiny spheres = mass destruction weapon

If it has optics = sniper weapon

if it's bore diameter is larger than a half inch (including shotguns and muzzle-loaders) = "expanded"
Assault Weapon, Sniper Weapon and/or "armore piercing" and ANTI  AIRCRAFT*  weapon
*please note box cutters are exempt from this definition

Did we forget anything?

Link Posted: 2/8/2006 8:36:57 PM EDT
[#25]
Don't you guys or gals get the big picture.  It is not about crime control, it is about people control.  YOU, the tax paying public are the ones that they want to control.  It already started with higher taxes, gun control, ridiculas Domsestic laws, Etc.  Don't  just look at one issue. If they wanted to control crime, they would not have tied the cops hands, or let the criminals out of jail.  My advise, is to Vote, Educate yourself, Run for political office no matter how small, and become lawmen(COPS, Judges or Prosecutors).  Also becoming journalists would greatly benifit.  Discussing topics with people that already agree with each other, does not get the message across.  
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 3:28:12 PM EDT
[#26]
oh yeah
semi auto revolver
the Mateba
forgot all about that
and it fires a 357
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top