Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 4/11/2006 5:24:31 AM EDT
22-23 NEW YORK - New York State Arms Collectors Assn. at State Fairground, Syracuse, NY.  (I believe in the Center of Progress Building.)  Contact: Sandy Ackerman Klinger, 346 Paul Street, Endicott, NY 13760. (607) 748-1010.

Who's going?
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 6:24:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Saturday AM.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 8:39:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Also Saturday AM.  Hope to hook up with some of you guys.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 12:15:57 PM EDT
[#3]
sat AM for me too hippie.gif

dont freak out if you see a long hair, goatee havin' hippy lookin' dude running to the ammo table...

its just me.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 10:59:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Saturday AM. I will be the guy with SP10 carrying out the wheel barrel full of 7.62 Surp
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 1:23:40 AM EDT
[#5]
I'll be there helping Van Tassel's with their tables and one of my own.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:57:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Any nice Garands or 03A3s in the mix?

Glenn always has some good stuff!

Hey, does that mean you can't join us for lunch?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 4:11:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Any nice Garands or 03A3s in the mix?

Glenn always has some good stuff!

Hey, does that mean you can't join us for lunch?

At least a couple Garands, beater shotguns, an AR or two, and whatever else gets loaded!  Listen, there are two prices: what I put on the gun and what I'll take, and there's usually a pretty good gap in between so don't be afraid to ask.

Unless it's wicked buisy or we're short handed, I'll be going to lunch with everybody.

If you're reading this and plan on attending the show: I am going to place an order for X number of 1,440 round cases of Guatimalian 5.56mm. Send an IM if you're interested.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:29:42 PM EDT
[#8]

If you're reading this and plan on attending the show: I am going to place an order for X number of 1,440 round cases of Guatimalian 5.56mm. Send an IM if you're interested

How about the South African 7.62 in battlepacks? Will you have any of it and if so at what price speculatively?
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 5:58:53 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

If you're reading this and plan on attending the show: I am going to place an order for X number of 1,440 round cases of Guatimalian 5.56mm. Send an IM if you're interested

How about the South African 7.62 in battlepacks? Will you have any of it and if so at what price speculatively?

Nope.
Aim Surplus is the only place I know of that has the SA battlepacks. Price is good, shipping sucks.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 6:41:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Yep, Hopefully a few vendors will have it in. IM not holding my breath

EDIT: Thanks for the reply Glenn
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:33:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Me- I'm in the market for a stripped lower that will be my first AR and AR build.  I can't wait to see what I can get.

Sat AM is good for me too.  Where do you meet for lunch?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 12:57:05 PM EDT
[#12]
We usually meet inside the show at noon, then go to the Tullys in Fairmount.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:36:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking like Sat AM
Directions from Rochester?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#14]
90 to the 690 east exit, follow signs to fairground. Impossible to miss.
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 4:08:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Ill be there @ 9:30am or so. Ive gotta be in binghamton later in the day so im gonna get an early start. Anybody planning on doing the same?Something tells me that i will find the 308 BAR that i have been dreaming of and i just cant wait any longer.....

Directions from Rochester: Take the 90 East to exit 39. Head east on 690,  Follow the signs for the State Fairgrounds. Should be the 5th exit off of 690. Simple
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 9:01:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Guys - I wont be able to make the show - but could any of you print up some "send a brick" flyers and hand them out/place them on dealer tables etc?

Heres a link to the flyer page:

www.send-a-brick.com/takeaction.htm
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 7:24:08 AM EDT
[#17]
I'll be there Saturday, where do you guys usually meet up,  I'd like to join for lunch.....Sean.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:20:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I'll be there Saturday, where do you guys usually meet up,  I'd like to join for lunch.....Sean.

Center of show near back annex, directly across from front entrance.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:27:04 AM EDT
[#19]
Thanks, hopefully see you guys there!
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#20]

Hopefully this picture will come up. This is from one of our more famous post-gunshow get-to-gethers in Sept, 04.

Edit: you guys wouldn't believe how "Site staff heavy" that picture is
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 8:48:06 AM EDT
[#21]

Found another pic from that meeting. WTH was Hotdog40 doing back there?

(Aimless, can you reinstate my account after it gets bounced?)
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:18:01 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Hopefully this picture will come up. This is from one of our more famous post-gunshow get-to-gethers in Sept, 04.

Edit: you guys wouldn't believe how "Site staff heavy" that picture is

Am I correct this photo was taken towards the Wegmans parking lot behind Tully's?
Did you cause a scene? I noticed the kid has an airsoft rifle, but that M1A looks pretty real!
EDIT: I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, whoever shows up.
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:19:02 AM EDT
[#23]
Really wanted to hit the show this time - but have to be in PA that weekend.

That '04 meet was great -  truly memorable moment with a great bunch of friends.    
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=30061

Found another pic from that meeting. WTH was Hotdog40 doing back there?

(Aimless, can you reinstate my account after it gets bounced?)

Not sure, but if I recall correctly, it was at that moment Hiram threw his hat to the ground and screamed "YOU CHEATING BASTARD!!!"  
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:30:24 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Am I correct this photo was taken towards the Wegmans parking lot behind Tully's?
Did you cause a scene? I noticed the kid has an airsoft rifle, but that M1A looks pretty real!
EDIT: I'm looking forward to meeting you guys, whoever shows up.

Yep. It was real, alright. You should have seen the people jumping out of the McDonalds!

There was a LOT of iron in the Tullys parking lot that day. Probably the safest spot on W Genesee Street for an hour or so
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 5:47:27 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
We usually meet inside the show at noon, then go to the Tullys in Fairmount.

Hey Marc, do you guys leave the show at noon, or is that just when you guys rally? I don't know if I'd be ready to bug out that early...
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:15:51 AM EDT
[#27]
Yeah, we usually leave around noon after all gather. Thats why I get there early. No reason why you couldn't go back to the show after lunch. Your hand will be stamped, and the restaurant is maybe a 10 minute drive from the fairgrounds.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 6:41:20 AM EDT
[#28]
Word has it that ALL the tables are sold... lots of vendors should equate to better selection and better prices. With fuel ~$3.00 a gallon, many of these guys will have to charge more for their wares.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 7:42:18 AM EDT
[#29]
It should be a great show, as fp101 said they are sold out, there are even people on a backup list if anyone cancels, I wish that someone would cancel, the promoter told me that this was the first time in a long time that they had sold all of the tables, should be a good time for all.....Sean.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#30]
Wow, that is surprising. The show is usually pretty full, but not always filled to capacity, much less a waiting list to get in.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 9:23:52 AM EDT
[#31]
Awesome, Thats great news.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:10:06 AM EDT
[#32]
all booked up eh?

thats great.. might be a sign of increasing enthusiasm for firearms in our area.

(hey, any sign of hope for CNY is good news as far as i'm concerned)
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:34:46 AM EDT
[#33]
Hah, it probably just means more folks are aware that our next Governor will likely be a gun-grabbing fascist (I mean MORE of a gun-grabbing fascist that Pataki).

Some of you guys are probably too young to remember the fall gunshow waaaayyyyyy back in 1989 (Bush 41's import ban) and the fall 1994 (Klinton's AW ban). Oh my. Now those were some crowded shows with a LOT of active buyers/sellers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:11:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I got my little brother interested in the show.  He wants to get either an AR lower or an M1 Garand.  Needless to say I'm a proud older brother.  Next thing for him is a team member account here.  He got a couple of his friends to go too.  I hope it will be a good show.

I've heard rumors that some licensing authorites will be at the show to sign off on new pistols, is that true?  I can't imagine it would be, but I'm checking with those who know anyhow.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:51:50 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I got my little brother interested in the show.  He wants to get either an AR lower or an M1 Garand.  Needless to say I'm a proud older brother.  Next thing for him is a team member account here.  He got a couple of his friends to go too.  I hope it will be a good show.

I've heard rumors that some licensing authorites will be at the show to sign off on new pistols, is that true?  I can't imagine it would be, but I'm checking with those who know anyhow.

First, for a Garand, check with FP1201, our resident Garand expert. I think he has one for sale and is more than fair with the NY crew.

I know Monroe County has had their licensing folks on site in the past during the Rochester show. This has never happened at the Syracuse show, but I think it would be a fantastic idea if true.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 3:28:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Ughh... One show that sticks in my mind is the Fall 2001 show right after 9/11. I remember passing Crucible Steel on State Fair Blvd. and seeing "GUN SHOW CANCELLED" in huge lights on the monster sign outside the main gate.  I felt like someone murdered my whole family before my eyes... Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but you guys know what I mean...

I'll never understand that move by Pataki, not to mention many other of his moves.  If ever one NEEDED a gunshow it was then. Someone was going to earn alot of my money in ammo sales that weekend.  
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 6:10:27 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Ughh... One show that sticks in my mind is the Fall 2001 show right after 9/11. I remember passing Crucible Steel on State Fair Blvd. and seeing "GUN SHOW CANCELLED" in huge lights on the monster sign outside the main gate.  I felt like someone murdered my whole family before my eyes... Okay, maybe that's a little extreme, but you guys know what I mean...

I'll never understand that move by Pataki, not to mention many other of his moves.  If ever one NEEDED a gunshow it was then. Someone was going to earn alot of my money in ammo sales that weekend.  

a massive +1

but also id be affraid of some of the looney toons who think every guy thats dark skinned and drives a taxi is a terrorist would do something irrational (as they did in NYC when they beat up taxi drivers)...

but yeah, it shouldnt of been cancelled, it would of helped business out a great deal.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 10:11:31 AM EDT
[#39]
I think I'll be there.

What are the odds of being able to find a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 at this show? I know I'm behind enemy lines and can't get Glock high-caps, but any good chances?
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 10:56:03 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 11:21:50 AM EDT
[#41]

I am officially declaring myself a NO SHOW due to work to be done at the house before the closing

Booooo Hissssss
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 11:55:22 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
I think I'll be there. hat

i saw a couple there last fall.. so i'd say the chances are good.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 12:04:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I saw a couple there as well. And you can find Hi Cap Pre Ban Glock magazines as well.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 1:17:08 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I saw a couple there as well. And you can find Hi Cap Pre Ban Glock magazines as well.

I hope to get the gun, and if I do, I'll wait on magazines. I can buy them online and shipped to my home state for when I bring the gun home rather than pay through the nose for some prebans.

Hopefully I can find a decent deal on one.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#45]
We're going Friday afternoon to set up and do a little "early-birding".
Yes I will have a few Garands and a couple AR's.
Remember $100. SKS's? There will be a few on the table:  Not pretty, certainly not clean, but they are cheap!  
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
We're going Friday afternoon to set up and do a little "early-birding".

Thats what I miss the most from not getting a table anymore.

See you Saturday!
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 7:51:14 PM EDT
[#47]
I had completely forgotten that the show was coming up until I saw this post and responded.

Now I can't wait!

I have about $400 to work with. I'm hoping to squeeze a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and a SKS together. But that'll be tough.
Link Posted: 4/20/2006 9:44:18 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
I had completely forgotten that the show was coming up until I saw this post and responded.

Now I can't wait!

I have about $400 to work with. I'm hoping to squeeze a Kel-Tec Sub 2000 and a SKS together. But that'll be tough.

yeah i got like $150 to play with...figure some unique/rare AK mags or somethin....or some ammo....or a sharp C&R rifle for the right price... i really want a M59 SKS (not 59/66 as i already have)..

Link Posted: 4/20/2006 9:52:32 PM EDT
[#49]
My punch list looks like this:
-7.62x51 ammo
-223 ammo
-AR 30 rounders (On my way to becoming a mag whore)
-20mm Ammo cans to hold the 30 rounders that i have

As an aside, I have been hunting hard for a Browning BAR in 308 for about a year. Older model (89-94) in pristine condition like new in the box. I had a dream the other night that i would find this sacred firestick on Saturday at the gun show. Lets see how clairvoyant i am......
Link Posted: 4/21/2006 5:03:54 AM EDT
[#50]
I forgot to ask, what time do the doors open and what's the address of the fairgrounds?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top