Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/6/2008 5:08:02 PM EDT
I am a new jersey resident and would like to buy ammo over the internet.  Is there any rules against it?
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#1]
not yet......
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#2]
ditto!

I have never bought ammo in a store in NJ.  only online.  I have used wideners with great success.  They are good people to deal with.
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep Quiet !!!!
Link Posted: 5/6/2008 8:38:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Those douche bags over at Century wont sell ammo to NJ. Ammoman also will not ship ammo to a NJ address...and he is IN New Jersey!
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:03:31 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Those douche bags over at Century wont sell ammo to NJ. Ammoman also will not ship ammo to a NJ address...and he is IN New Jersey!

That is a NJ thing.  When I worked at Harry's  we could not mail ammo to residents also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:16:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Never a problem, and I buy a few boxes each month.

Natchezss.com
outdoormarksman.com
www.wideners.com/
Midwayusa.com

Even Cheaperthandirt.com has "ok" prices on some things, sometimes, if others are sold out.

I rarely buy anything from Sportsmans guide, or Cabelas because the "Deals" they have
are usually reloads by American ....
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 8:59:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is a NJ thing.  When I worked at Harry's  we could not mail ammo to residents also.

I think that's some kind of gentleman's agreement between the dealers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2008 9:04:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Some speculation was that he wasn't authorized to collect sales tax.  That definitely has changed, but I will bring up that question to him.

BTW, Eric said that he would discount ammo to me for resale to my customers.  This came up after I advised him that I was refering people to him if I did not have a particular caliber/manufacturer in stock.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 9:34:12 AM EDT
[#9]
I believe that if you are a NJ dealer that sells ammo to a NJ resident, you must get the appropriate FID or drivers license for the file/book, at least for handgun ammo.  But I could be wrong.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 1:18:19 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am a new jersey resident and would like to buy ammo over the internet.  Is there any rules against it?

The egg sucking fascist dogs at the NJSP would like you to believe so, but it is a lie. When you buy ammo online you are only subject to the laws of the state where the shipper does business. When you purchase the ammo you take title to it F.O.B. shipping point. That's just a simple matter of commercial law. Assholes like Century and Bloss at the soon to be gone and unlamented makarov.com seem to have a problem reading simple English and thus won't ship here to Nazi Jerkoff. It's a different matter with Ammoman. He's here in the state and has to abide by the restrictions or the Sturmabteilung (NJSP) will screw him over. Perhaps if the envelope is fat enough that won't apply, but who knows?
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:04:51 PM EDT
[#11]
AFAIK FFLs as a condition of licensing are required to comply with the state laws of every state they transact business in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2008 4:49:36 PM EDT
[#12]
i tried today to buy ammo from reed's ammo but they said they won't ship no nj.
Link Posted: 5/15/2008 9:03:51 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
i tried today to buy ammo from reed's ammo but they said they won't ship no nj.

Thats becoming more and more of a problem.  You should think about getting into reloading.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#14]
i do reload some 45 44 etc not sure if it makes sense to reload 9 yet. component pricing shipping and haz fees are through the roof. not a good supply of reloading components localy.
Link Posted: 5/16/2008 11:10:03 AM EDT
[#15]
Don't worry when NJ passes the ammunition coding Bill they will prohibit the possession reloaded ammunition.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top