BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:06:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By daemon734:

I forgot, you are the only person on this site that is allowed to not be emotionally invested when you post.

In reality both you and PatriotAR15 could get eaten by bears tonight and I sincerely doubt anybody would notice, here or elsewhere, outside of your fetish cartoon subscription services when they stop getting paid.
View Quote

If Patriot and BrassCrossedDude suddenly get “eaten by bears” this post is going to look really suspicious.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]
It's no wonder the army has recruiting problems, to sum it up in a general sense conservatives don't want to fight for a country that hates them and liberals don't want to fight for a country they hate.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:09:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BoomerShooter:

Solid post.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BoomerShooter:
Originally Posted By 57man:
Only a complete fucking idiot would die in the US military today for Joe Biden's fucked up foreign policy, to defend Nancy P's obscene wealth, and dick and Liz Cheney's fucked idea that America is somehow still the country it was right after world war 2.  

The jerk off establishment has been abusing people that volunteer to defend the country for decades, and most likely celebrate every white heterosexual male that dies needlessly to defend a foreign policy that makes them wealthy.  

It's about time this group started to wise up and let the establishment and their pets do the dying for Biden's fucked up foreign policy, Nancy's millions.

Solid post.

Retreat to the hills!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:10:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:

Well, I'll give you this: you still argue with NCO's who know better than you.

Back in the late 80's, I walked into the local recruiter's office and told them I wanted to join the Army. They sat me down in front of a computer and had me take an ASVAB diagnostic test. I scored really well and he REALLY wanted me to enlist, as it would have made his numbers look great. He drove me home that afternoon and got my folks to sign the paperwork to allow me to take the actual ASVAB and go to MEPS. I took the actual ASVAB and did really well. Before I went in for my physical, he and I had a conversation about my health history. I told him about being prescribed an inhaler when I was 11 for allergies. I also told him about breaking my wrist at 15 and my right ankle at 16. My dad was retired military, so my medical records were official military records and held at the nearby Air Force Base. He picked me up one morning, drove me there, had me pull my medical records, and we sat in his car going through them. Anything which might even remotely disqualify me, he pulled the page out of the file and told me to forget it ever happened and to never mention it at MEPS. You know what I did? I followed his advice and I ended up enlisting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By PatriotAr15:
The US Military rejected me over *RITALIN* and having a one time history of *BRONCHITIS*. I *SHOULD* have lied about it like my recruiter said.
Once I got my injury, there was no way of lying around that. There was no way of getting a "waiver".
You seem to be of the opinion that a person can suffer any injury in the world, the US military will accept anyone if they just "Try hard enough". Thats not fucking true.
The world isn't a Hollywood movie where if you just work hard enough, you can do literally anything. Not everyone can become an astronaut. Thousands of people apply to become an astronaut. No matter how hard most of those people work at it, they'll *NEVER* become an astronaut.
No matter *WHAT* I could have done, there was no joining the US military.

There was no way I was going to hide that surgery scar and that GSW.

Well, I'll give you this: you still argue with NCO's who know better than you.

Back in the late 80's, I walked into the local recruiter's office and told them I wanted to join the Army. They sat me down in front of a computer and had me take an ASVAB diagnostic test. I scored really well and he REALLY wanted me to enlist, as it would have made his numbers look great. He drove me home that afternoon and got my folks to sign the paperwork to allow me to take the actual ASVAB and go to MEPS. I took the actual ASVAB and did really well. Before I went in for my physical, he and I had a conversation about my health history. I told him about being prescribed an inhaler when I was 11 for allergies. I also told him about breaking my wrist at 15 and my right ankle at 16. My dad was retired military, so my medical records were official military records and held at the nearby Air Force Base. He picked me up one morning, drove me there, had me pull my medical records, and we sat in his car going through them. Anything which might even remotely disqualify me, he pulled the page out of the file and told me to forget it ever happened and to never mention it at MEPS. You know what I did? I followed his advice and I ended up enlisting.
There was no hiding my injury. Prior to my injury... you're right. I could have just pretended I never took ritalin. I honestly wish someone had just told me "Dude, they cant prove that you *KNEW* you were taking ritalin. If they find out, just tell them you didn't remember what medication you were taking back then". Plausible deniability. It was a mistake. I probably could have gotten a waiver, even given that mistake.

There was no hiding my injury I later sustained.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:11:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I have nothing beneficial to add other than the last two pages have had me literally laughing out loud.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:11:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:

If Patriot and BrassCrossedDude suddenly get “eaten by bears” this post is going to look really suspicious.
View Quote

It was less probable than "dying alone in a filthy apartment".
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#7]

Preach it brother.  That's why I didn't hide it. I went into MEPS and spent almost 5 years working past it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/45449/S6000218_JPG-3214007.JPG
View All Quotes

Preach it brother.  That's why I didn't hide it. I went into MEPS and spent almost 5 years working past it.

Every injury is different though. I don't know if Patriotar15 could have got in had he tried harder, I don't think it's fair that anybody assume they know either way.
It's pretty obvious there is a point where an injury is going to be life changing and make someone unable to enlist. From some of the posts in here it's almost like some of you think anyone regardless of their physical condition can get in. That clearly isn't the case.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:16:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By 57man:
Only a complete fucking idiot would die in the US military today...
The jerk off establishment has been abusing people that volunteer to defend the country for decades, ...
View Quote

Indeed, jerkoff retards have been abusing people who join the military for decades. Real scum of the earth. Thanks for your service.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:

Every injury is different though. I don't know if Patriotar15 could have got in had he tried harder, I don't think it's fair that anybody assume they know either way.
It's pretty obvious there is a point where an injury is going to be life changing and make someone unable to enlist. From some of the posts in here it's almost like some of you think anyone regardless of their physical condition can get in. That clearly isn't the case.

View Quote

You are absolutely correct.

There is also a large gap between quitting at the first hurdle and actually trying.

A trait which obviously followed PatriotAR15 through life.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:28:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Army doesn't just have recruiting problems... Retention is also getting serious:

US Army Major Quits Intel Agency Over 'Unqualified' US Support Of Israeli 'Ethnic Cleansing'

A US Army officer has resigned from his post at the Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) to protest Washington's "nearly unqualified support for the government of Israel" -- support that's facilitated "the killing and starvation of tens of thousands of innocent Palestinians." Mann describes himself as a "descendent of European Jews" who was raised to be "particularly unforgiving" where "responsibility for ethnic cleansing" is concerned.
View Quote

As well as the Air Force: US Airman Who Set Himself On Fire In Front Of Israeli Embassy Dies

This is what happens under an occupational government of the corrupt, by the corrupt, against all other people (foreign and domestic)
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:29:54 AM EDT
[#11]

View All Quotes

Not to mention this idea that unless you serve in the military, you have no right to criticize the US Government.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:31:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PatriotAr15] [#12]

There is also a large gap between quitting at the first hurdle and actually trying.

View All Quotes

Fine. What should I do at age 40? I have a wife and two kids, and work a job and make enough money to support us all.
Should I join now? I dont even think they take people in at 40.

You dont understand the nature of my injury. So fuck off and get off my back. I'm sure you know my injury far better than I do.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:32:02 AM EDT
[#13]
It's no wonder the army has recruiting problems, to sum it up in a general sense conservatives don't want to fight for a country that hates them and liberals don't want to fight for a country they hate.

View Quote

Astute post.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:32:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ThrustMyStoma:
stop w the beta shit

she'll be at home melting her husbands a/ts so real mkrs have boots come 2027
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:32:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#15]
Not to mention this idea that unless you serve in the military, you have no right to criticize the US Government.

View All Quotes

Nobody ever once said that.

Fine. What should I do at age 40? I have a wife and two kids, and work a job and make enough money to support us all.

You dont understand the nature of my injury. So fuck off and get off my back. I'm sure you know my injury far better than I do.

I know you are a quitter, both from how you dealt with your desire to enlist and your subsequent "blackpill" rants.

Quitters are dead weight and deserve to be treated as such.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:35:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Scott:
Disbanding part time Soldiers is stuoid and not a serious policy proposal.
View Quote

Oh, not to worry.  It absolutely won't be.  In a few more years, the reality of 70 million voters getting a 20% cut in their SS check is going to hit Congress in the face, along with the odds of pushing a massive tax hike onto the other 100 million voters.  There is only one department that can pay that bill, and in the end, the beancounters will point out getting 3 reservists for the cost of 1 active is an awesome deal when your budget gets assfucked.

If we still have 4 active duty Army divisions and 1 active Marine division after 2032 I'll be shocked.  Military will be at best 3:1 reserve to active.  The surface Navy is who I think will really get creamed.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#17]
It seems like the military is actively recruiting in a way that suggests they want people who are kinder and gentler instead of people who are patriotic or want to be the tip of the spear. I've heard multiple guys say they left the military after a lot of years because they can't stand the sjw b******* they are dealing with now instead of being soldiers. Add to that the fact that lots and lots of Americans can no longer pass the physical requirements or the drug test. And there seems to be a bunch of confusion in our culture about whether we are on our side or we are against ourselves. Nobody wants to commit to do a dangerous job for something that doesn't make any sense to anybody.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:42:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: daemon734] [#18]
Originally Posted By stone-age:
It seems like the military is actively recruiting in a way that suggests they want people who are kinder and gentler instead of people who are patriotic or want to be the tip of the spear.
View All Quotes
It seems like the military is actively recruiting in a way that suggests they want people who are kinder and gentler instead of people who are patriotic or want to be the tip of the spear.

Please explain how the Army is recruiting in such a way?

I didn't realize 18X and 11X contracts stopped being available?  

I've heard multiple guys say they left the military after a lot of years because they can't stand the sjw b******* they are dealing with now instead of being soldiers.

I must have missed a memo or something. I do cool shit all the time, and my son who enlisted 4 years ago is an Army sniper NCO doing the same.

Excuses always exist for those who want to find them.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:45:43 AM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

We've all seen the cringey recruiting ads, don't play stupid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:46:41 AM EDT
[#20]

View All Quotes

Now, let's not be so mean. He doesn't always quit at the first sign of resistance. Look at the tenacity with which he argues in this thread. If there's one thing he does consistently, it's steadfastly refusing to listen to others.

@PatriotAR15

We all get it. After you refused to listen to the recruiter and told the doctors at MEPS about your Ritalin use, you got shot and there's no way you could cover up the scar or the damage the GSW did to you. But, dude, you seriously have not learned the lesson from your first denial at MEPS. When someone who not only successfully joined the Army, but who has had a successful enough career to become an NCO tells you something about the Army, you should shut the fuck up and listen, rather than argue with them and basically tell them they're wrong. You've never once been successful when you willfully took the polar opposite position of a successful NCO.

The only thing you know for certain about the Army is that they had standards you couldn't meet or weren't willing to meet through whatever means necessary. Had you actually listened to that recruiter, you might have gotten to Basic Training and learned a universal Army maxim: if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. If you get caught cheating, you ain't trying hard enough.

The simple fact is, you were and always will be too weak for military service. You didn't actually want to serve, you just wanted to be able to say you tried so you could always have an excuse for your failure. Had you really wanted to be in the Army, you would have listened to the NCO who told you not to mention Ritalin. Your life is a never-ending series of failures, shortcomings, and excuses. You are weak, both mentally and physically. I, for one, am glad that none of my fellow NCO's ever had to worry about being responsible for you and your well-being.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:50:42 AM EDT
[#21]

Now, let's not be so mean. He doesn't always quit at the first sign of resistance. Look at the tenacity with which he argues in this thread. If there's one thing he does consistently, it's steadfastly refusing to listen to others.

@PatriotAR15

We all get it. After you refused to listen to the recruiter and told the doctors at MEPS about your Ritalin use, you got shot and there's no way you could cover up the scar or the damage the GSW did to you. But, dude, you seriously have not learned the lesson from your first denial at MEPS. When someone who not only successfully joined the Army, but who has had a successful enough career to become an NCO tells you something about the Army, you should shut the fuck up and listen, rather than argue with them and basically tell them they're wrong. You've never once been successful when you willfully took the polar opposite position of a successful NCO.

The only thing you know for certain about the Army is that they had standards you couldn't meet or weren't willing to meet through whatever means necessary. Had you actually listened to that recruiter, you might have gotten to Basic Training and learned a universal Army maxim: if you ain't cheating, you ain't trying. If you get caught cheating, you ain't trying hard enough.

The simple fact is, you were and always will be too weak for military service. You didn't actually want to serve, you just wanted to be able to say you tried so you could always have an excuse for your failure. Had you really wanted to be in the Army, you would have listened to the NCO who told you not to mention Ritalin. Your life is a never-ending series of failures, shortcomings, and excuses. You are weak, both mentally and physically. I, for one, am glad that none of my fellow NCO's ever had to worry about being responsible for you and your well-being.
View Quote

So. Much. Truth.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:52:38 AM EDT
[#22]

View All Quotes

Yet here you are... telling me I'm a piece of shit because I didn't serve in the US military. For merely explaining why I think recruitment levels are so low.

And please. Tell me where my "Boomer propaganda" is wrong?
Did Montana *NOT* take a kid away from their parents, in order to gender transition them?
Are our government leaders, including Joe Biden, really actually just good kind hearted people who are true patriots and truly mean well for America?
Do our leaders truly honor and respect the US Constitution and our rights?
Are you seriously implying that America's core values are still being upheld by our government?

Go ahead, prove me wrong. Tell me how great everything is! Tell me how wonderful of a job Joe Biden is doing!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:53:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brasscrossedrifles:

"Thats just Russian propaganda... and you fell for it."
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:54:54 AM EDT
[#24]

@PatriotAR15

View All Quotes

@PatriotAR15

It wasn't the US Army I was trying to join. I tried to join the US Navy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:56:27 AM EDT
[#25]

I think you put way too much faith in the thought that even after 18 years on this site anyone gives a shit about you.

You don't have to prove anything to me, to yourself, to your parents, to anyone. Being unproven isn't an issue for some.

A life full of regret and a head crammed full of spaghettified boomer FWD:FWD:FWD: emails is a perfectly acceptable existence for some people.

Well, I'm glad you mentioned that. I would have otherwise thought you had no idea what the fuck you were talking about.

I did. On my head.
View Quote

You were shot in the head and had a 12” scar from it before you enlisted?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:00:58 AM EDT
[#26]
View All Quotes

@PatriotAR15

For the sake of my point, you can replace every use of the word Army with military. My use of Army changes nothing. You are still a multi-time failure who refuses to change the habit which caused you to fail more than two decades ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:01:40 AM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

You aren't helping your cause with this.  The Navy has had historically lower physical standard than every other branch, other than the Suit Force that is.

What SiVisPacem said still applies.  Take NCO out and call it Petty Officer or Chief if you wish.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By R_S:
Army doesn't just have recruiting problems... Retention is also getting serious:

US Army Major Quits Intel Agency Over 'Unqualified' US Support Of Israeli 'Ethnic Cleansing'

As well as the Air Force: US Airman Who Set Himself On Fire In Front Of Israeli Embassy Dies

This is what happens under an occupational government of the corrupt, by the corrupt, against all other people (foreign and domestic)
View Quote

Not everyone should be retained. With all the BS that’s been going on in this country, I won’t fault anyone for pulling the pin. But those 2 clowns? for palestine? Glad they’re gone. Too bad the major didn’t have the same level of commitment.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#29]

I must have missed a memo or something. I do cool shit all the time, and my son who enlisted 4 years ago is an Army sniper NCO doing the same.

View All Quotes

I've heard multiple guys say they left the military after a lot of years because they can't stand the sjw b******* they are dealing with now instead of being soldiers.

It was general Mark Miley who said in front of cameras and God and the whole world that he wants to understand White rage. That's not just some low level NCO talking that s*** that's a leader of the military. And the recruiting ads  and Biden have made it clear that they share this cultural belief about the military becoming some kind of DEI guiding star. If your experience is different than the experience of other people that's cool.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:04:46 AM EDT
[#30]
I tried to join.......... I was depressed at the time because....... I really wanted to join................ They literally dropped me like a hot potato.............. MEPS people basically scared me .......................

Even if I wasn't blackpilled.......
View All Quotes
I tried to join.......... I was depressed at the time because....... I really wanted to join................ They literally dropped me like a hot potato.............. MEPS people basically scared me .......................

That's a lot of rationalization for one person in a single post!

I had to go look up black pill because I don't spend enough time on the interweb.  Holy shit, what kind of slack jawed faggot would claim to have taken the black pill?  
The "black pill" generally refers to a set of beliefs mostly held by incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people.

You dont understand the nature of my injury.

Just to remove your "I'm too old to join now" excuse, the current age limits are:
Air force: 42
Navy: 41
Army: 39 with waiver to 45

Nobody gives a shit about your "injury".  You use it as a scapegoat to deflect accountability for your own decisions.  You'll sleep better if you improve your self awareness.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:07:20 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

ooof.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:22:22 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

One of my students a week or two ago was a 41 year old 1st Lt. Went to OTS at 39. Also married with kids. And he left his civilian job taking a significant pay cut to join.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:22:43 AM EDT
[#34]

View All Quotes

Your military service doesn't give you a pass to shit on other people who didn't.

Isn't that the freedom you were supposed to defend?  Or did you join just so you can gatekeep other people's opinions?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#35]
They hate a group of people that make up the vast majority of the eligible population.  They promote distractionism, laziness, mental illness and pretty much anything they can to weaken men.

Leadership, both public and private, is at an all time low quality wise.  

The don't want to lead great men.  They want to rule broken subservient people.

That is one of their main goals with the destruction of meritocracy.  "Nobody has ever earned anything.  They were given it and now it is your turn.  Please your master slave and you too can have the shiny stuff."  They destroy the "fuel" of effort and condition people to be malleable interchangeable disposable tools.

A tremendous amount of what is wrong in the world today is rooted in poor "leadership".  They want to rule, not lead.  In their goal of ruling they weakened the most critical element of a successful culture/country/organization, it's men.

TL;DR
The core principles of leftism are the root, branch and the leaves of the problem.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:32:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

I had to go look up black pill because I don't spend enough time on the interweb.  Holy shit, what kind of slack jawed faggot would claim to have taken the black pill?  

Just to remove your "I'm too old to join now" excuse, the current age limits are:

Nobody gives a shit about your "injury".  You use it as a scapegoat to deflect accountability for your own decisions.  You'll sleep better if you improve your self awareness.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Morgan321:

The "black pill" generally refers to a set of beliefs mostly held by incel communities, which include biological determinism, fatalism, and defeatism for unattractive people.

You dont understand the nature of my injury.

I have readily admitted my mistake with not lying about Ritalin.
But my injury sealed that door shut.
Answer this question. Would the US military accept someone as a recruit, who can't run a mile in the required timeframe? If they have since dropped those requirements. IF they now are willing to accept people who can't meet those standards due to an injury, thats great.

But now I have a wife and kids and I have other obligations vs joining the military just so I can appease someone who thinks I shouldn't be allowed to criticize the US Government unless I serve a stint in the military.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By JTX23:
They hate a group of people that make up the vast majority of the eligible population.  They promote distractionism, laziness, mental illness and pretty much anything they can to weaken men.

Leadership, both public and private, is at an all time low quality wise.  

The don't want to lead great men.  They want to rule broken subservient people.

That is one of their main goals with the destruction of meritocracy.  "Nobody has ever earned anything.  They were given it and now it is your turn.  Please your master slave and you too can have the shiny stuff."  They destroy the "fuel" of effort and condition people to be malleable interchangeable disposable tools.

A tremendous amount of what is wrong in the world today is rooted in poor "leadership".  They want to rule, not lead.  In their goal of ruling they weakened the most critical element of a successful culture/country/organization, it's men.

TL;DR
The core principles of leftism are the root, branch and the leaves of the problem.
View Quote
"Did you serve in the military? No? Then suck Joe Biden's balls and worship the government... or you're a piece of shit" - People in this thread
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:34:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 11boomboom] [#38]
I have readily admitted my mistake with not lying about Ritalin.
Answer this question. Would the US military accept someone as a recruit, who can't run a mile in the required timeframe? If they have since dropped those requirements. IF they now are willing to accept people who can't meet those standards due to an injury, thats great.

But now I have a wife and kids and I have other obligations vs joining the military just so I can appease someone who thinks I shouldn't be allowed to criticize the US Government unless I serve a stint in the military.
View Quote

You have to pass by the end of Basic Training. One of the points of Basic is to get you physically ready for military service.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By Gspointer:

I didn’t watch the video. I assumed it was primarily the enlisted ranks that made up the bulk of the shortages.
View Quote

It is. But, evidently 18 year old kids aren't enlisting because Generals aren't paid enough
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:36:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#40]
Originally Posted By macpherson:

Your military service doesn't give you a pass to shit on other people who didn't.

Isn't that the freedom you were supposed to defend?  Or did you join just so you can gatekeep other people's opinions?
View Quote

Freedom works both ways.

PatriotAR15 is free to be a whining failure who didn't do what it takes to measure up 20+ years ago. Similarly, daemon is free to tell him he's a failure who doesn't actually have the first clue what it's actually like in the U.S. military.

And in actuality, it is daemon's military service which kind of gives him a pass to shit on PatriotAR15. Both of them were faced with hurdles when they attempted to join the military, something they both stated they had a passion to do. One of them was told he could very easily make it happen by not admitting knowledge of a medicine he'd taken years before. That individual chose to ignore the advice he was given and wasn't allowed to join. Sure, he suffered an injury years later which permanently prevents him from serving. But what did he do during those intervening years? it doesn't sound like he appealed the decision or tried to get a waiver. He simply accepted defeat and resigned himself to a life of failure and excuses. The other couldn't hide certain things, was told no, but kept at it and, after five years, was allowed to join. Since then, he's had a pretty challenging and rewarding career. He is a better man because he wouldn't accept defeat and failure isn't an option for him, as is evidenced by his military service. As such, the fact that the man who had more obstacles placed in front of him from the onset was able to serve whereas the man who should have had an easier time enlisting didn't serve means that better man ought to be able to tell the weaker man that he is a failure, to stop making excuses, and to accept the fact that he's a lesser man.

If we'd stop preventing better men from chastising lesser men for their failure to measure up, the country may not be in the position it's in.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:40:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bye_Felicia] [#41]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:41:50 AM EDT
[#42]

If Patriot and BrassCrossedDude suddenly get "eaten by bears" this post is going to look really suspicious.
View All Quotes

I forgot, you are the only person on this site that is allowed to not be emotionally invested when you post.

In reality both you and PatriotAR15 could get eaten by bears tonight and I sincerely doubt anybody would notice, here or elsewhere, outside of your fetish cartoon subscription services when they stop getting paid.

If Patriot and BrassCrossedDude suddenly get "eaten by bears" this post is going to look really suspicious.

I used to live in Wyoming. Getting eaten by bears was far more possible back in those days.
Had a job back then that had me drive all around the state. Sometimes I'd save my employer money by camping in national forests instead of staying at a hotel overnight.

That was a fun chapter of my life. The pay sucked, and the job was a bit "Feast or famine", but I essentially got paid to see almost every nook and cranny of Wyoming. Fond memories. I've lost count how many times I traveled through Grand Teton and Yellowstone National Park.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:41:55 AM EDT
[#43]

Freedom works both ways.

PatriotAR15 is free to be a whining failure who didn't do what it takes to measure up 20+ years ago. Similarly, daemon is free to tell him he's a failure who doesn't actually have the first clue what it's actually like in the U.S. military.

And in actuality, it is daemon's military service which kind of gives him a pass to shit on PatriotAR15. Both of them were faced with hurdles when they attempted to join the military, something they both stated they had a passion to do. One of them was told he could very easily make it happen by not admitting knowledge of a medicine he'd taken years before. That individual chose to ignore the advice he was given and wasn't allowed to join. Sure, he suffered an injury years later which permanently prevents him from serving. But what did he do during those intervening years? it doesn't sound like he appealed the decision or tried to get a waiver. He simply accepted defeat and resigned himself to a life of failure and excuses. The other couldn't hide certain things, was told no, but kept at it and, after five years, was allowed to join. Since then, he's had a pretty challenging and rewarding career. He is a better man because he wouldn't accept defeat and failure isn't an option for him, as is evidenced by his military service. As such, the fact that the man who had more obstacles placed in front of him from the onset was able to serve whereas the man who should have had an easier time enlisting didn't serve means that better man ought to be able to tell the weaker man that he is a failure, to stop making excuses, and to accept the fact that he's a lesser man.

If we'd stop preventing better men from chastising lesser men for their failure to measure up, the country may not be in the position it's in.
View Quote

Nailed it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:42:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: buck19delta] [#44]
USA has already started using “ mercenaries “ to fight our wars, Next up will be the us military accepting large numbers, even building entire brigades of nothing but third world illegal conscripts promising citizenship in return for fighting our wars, Rome tried those same things when its citizens got too fat and lazy and disinterested in serving, and like Rome USA will fail too, for many of the same reasons Rome fell.

Honestly, There’s no fixing these problems because they are now systemic, institutional problems from the White House, at top and going all the way back to woke colleges, and woke public schools, all the way down to woke kindergartens and woke parents raising woke toddlers, not to mention social media fertilizing the problems and growing them, making people think their dumbass ideas are not only normal, but successful as well, blaming shit like “ toxic masculinity “, which is what makes militaries work.

They created these issues via 50+ years of undermining education, stealing the media, woke commie  libtards  infiltrating education from kindergarten thru college, media, government , and everything in between. Dod can’t roll out fixes, because dod is woke, dods bosses are woke, USA voters are woke and electing woke politicians.

Nothing will change , no one will change their attitudes, not until / not without reality stepping in and inflicting some serious pain , lost war, tens - hundreds of thousands of us soldiers dead, usa citizens reliving a combination of Great Depression and weirmer republics hyper inflation, etc.

This same shit happens throughout history every so often, the Roman Empire, weirmer republic, Germany after 2 world wars, Zimbabwe, Venezuela, and others, and many more in between. It’s like the saying goes, “ you can ignore reality, but you cannot ignore the consequences of ignoring reality “.

Woke culture operates on fully ignoring reality, while embracing emotions and hoping things work how you wish they worked. They have ignored reality for decades, recruiting millions of new followers which made things worse in every area, and now those consequences are heading our way like a avalanche/ tidal wave, and they stick their fingers in their ears going “ NAH, NAH, NAH, NAH “, ignoring them, but they are coming with brutal punishment all the same.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:44:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By R_S:

View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Navy-anticipates-only-falling-short-6-000-in-recruiting-this-year-compared-to-10-000-last-year/5-2724995/
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:51:06 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By buck19delta:
USA has already started using " mercenaries " to fight our wars, Next up will be the us military accepting large numbers, even building entire brigades of nothing but third world illegal conscripts promising citizenship in return for fighting our wars, Rome tried those same things when its citizens got too fat and lazy and disinterested in serving, and like Rome USA will fail too, for many of the same reasons Rome fell.
View Quote
I guess a man's got to do what he's best at
Ain't found nothin' better so far
Been called mercenaries and men with no country
Just soldiers in search of a war

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:55:16 AM EDT
[#48]
Answer this question.
View Quote

There you go again, making excuses for failure without even trying.  
No because it's clear there is no answer that will change your mind.  You're going to use your "injury" as the excuse to never find out if you could've made it or not.  If that helps you sleep at night then great, but don't try to blow smoke up the skirts of people who know better.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:00:51 PM EDT
[#49]

Freedom works both ways.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By macpherson:

Freedom works both ways.

I readily admit this is true. I regret that.
I also was not aware that I could get a waiver. The recruiter did not make me aware of that. I should have done more research. Why are you beating a dead horse, and trying to convince me of something I'm fully aware of?

And since I'm a lesser man... what should I do? Should I stop criticizing the US government? Should I stop voting? After all... my opinions are basically worthless, according to you and Daemon.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:03:08 PM EDT
[#50]

View Quote

Jesus Christ
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top