Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 1699
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 12:15:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PolarBear416] [#1]
Seems everyone either thinks there will be long term health problems from the Pfizer vaccine, or even the pro vaccine people think there will be long term problems from long COVID - either way everyone seems to agree: more people with health complications over the next decade

I got some bonus money coming and I want to make a long term bet. Which stocks are going to get a boost from this?

Obviously I don't want to invest in a mutual fund with all healthcare or I'll end up holding companies like Pfizer that may end up getting sued into oblivion. Or do I?

I figure maybe hospital networks, care homes, ambulance services, etc may see some long term upside

Any bets?

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 1:16:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
Seems everyone either thinks there will be long term health problems from the Pfizer vaccine, or even the pro vaccine people think there will be long term problems from long COVID - either way everyone seems to agree: more people with health complications over the next decade

I got some bonus money coming and I want to make a long term bet. Which stocks are going to get a boost from this?

Obviously I don't want to invest in a mutual fund with all healthcare or I'll end up holding companies like Pfizer that may end up getting sued into oblivion. Or do I?

I figure maybe hospital networks, care homes, ambulance services, etc may see some long term upside

Any bets?

View Quote

What ever company makes a treatment for myocarditis
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:39:27 PM EDT
[#3]

Any bets?

View Quote

SCI?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:43:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SuperHeavy] [#4]
This will jinx all of us....

Whoever bought the after hours dip is up 30% right now
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:22:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Anybody following SENS earnings that came out today?  At work so I can’t do a deep dive into it but it looks like they announced a partnership with STL based Mercy healthcare for Eversense. This might be big cause Mercy has bought out probably over half of the hospitals in the St Louis area.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:28:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Procat:
Anybody following SENS earnings that came out today?  At work so I can’t do a deep dive into it but it looks like they announced a partnership with STL based Mercy healthcare for Eversense. This might be big cause Mercy has bought out probably over half of the hospitals in the St Louis area.
View Quote

They also submitted 365 to FDA.

Senseonics Holdings (SENS.NaE) reported quarterly losses of $(0.03) per share which met the analyst consensus estimate. The company reported quarterly sales of $5.047 million which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $4.605 million by 9.60 percent. This is a 22.00 percent increase over sales of $4.137 million the same period last year.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:30:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By nisa715:

Senseonics Holdings (SENS.NaE) reported quarterly losses of $(0.03) per share which met the analyst consensus estimate. The company reported quarterly sales of $5.047 million which beat the analyst consensus estimate of $4.605 million by 9.60 percent. This is a 22.00 percent increase over sales of $4.137 million the same period last year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Recent Highlights & Accomplishments:

Generated revenue of $5.1 million in the first quarter of 2024, representing growth of 22% compared to the prior year period
   Announced integration of Eversense® CGM and the Eversense Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) solution within St. Louis-based Mercy health care system, a major healthcare provider serving three million patients annually, including 30,000 potential CGM users. The collaboration aims to enhance patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs for users and is being designed as a model to aid health systems in managing large at-risk populations effectively and economically
   Received iCGM (integrated CGM) designation for the Eversense System from the U.S, Food and Drug Administration, making Eversense the first fully implantable continuous glucose monitoring system that can now be integrated with insulin pumps as part of an automated insulin delivery system
   Filed a 510(k) submission with the FDA for the next generation Eversense 365-day system for iCGM designation
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:33:27 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

What ever company makes a treatment for myocarditis caskets
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bayoushooter:

Any bets?

What ever company makes a treatment for myocarditis caskets

FIFY
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:38:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:

I can remain irrational and poor longer than I’ve been alive
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By steviesterno16:
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
I can remain stubborn longer than the market can be irrational.

I can remain irrational and poor longer than I’ve been alive

QFT
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:11:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Generated revenue of $5.1 million in the first quarter of 2024, representing growth of 22% compared to the prior year period
   Announced integration of Eversense® CGM and the Eversense Remote Patient Monitoring (RPM) solution within St. Louis-based Mercy health care system, a major healthcare provider serving three million patients annually, including 30,000 potential CGM users. The collaboration aims to enhance patient outcomes and reduce healthcare costs for users and is being designed as a model to aid health systems in managing large at-risk populations effectively and economically
   Received iCGM (integrated CGM) designation for the Eversense System from the U.S, Food and Drug Administration, making Eversense the first fully implantable continuous glucose monitoring system that can now be integrated with insulin pumps as part of an automated insulin delivery system
   Filed a 510(k) submission with the FDA for the next generation Eversense 365-day system for iCGM designation
View All Quotes

Doesn’t seem to have helped the share price. Still below $.50 and down 4%+ for the day
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Welcome to Schwab!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jpcdmd:
I can't get into my now-migrated Schwab account, they want me to call with my TD ameritrade account number. Who the fuck thought this was a good idea?

Welcome to Schwab!

What I would give to be back on TDA’s platform…
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:20:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By AesopsWildBoar:

Doesn’t seem to have helped the share price. Still below $.50 and down 4%+ for the day
View Quote

Earnings were after the close. In after hours it bounced back.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:36:44 AM EDT
[#13]
I see MVIS still moving with the meme stocks
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:39:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:42:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Congrats to those that averaged down
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Exceeded average daily volume in the first 15 minutes. Nice
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#17]
AMC trading has been halted per Schwab.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#18]
Ha, you are welcome everyone
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:01:13 AM EDT
[#19]
The spread on MVIS longs is crazy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:13:59 AM EDT
[#20]
5.2mm shares
Wow
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:18:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Wow, just realized JC_ could flip that 50K buy he made on MVIS Thursday for a $33,000 net gain right now.

IRS would go in unlubed on the STCG, but they're going to do that anyway. Take all the risk, pay a third of the profit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:22:51 AM EDT
[#22]
Sold my 100 longs I bought Friday morning for 70% gains. Considering I normally hold way too long because of greed most of the time, I’m happy that I could withstand the urge this time and actually book profit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#23]
Interesting day at the MVIS races that's for sure.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#24]
I'm watching S&P futures...anyone else have thoughts on the consolidation around the 20 day high?  Friday it hit 5264 as a high and bumped off.  I can't tell if this is a consolidation for more upward movement.  The relatively lower volume and the fact that it's hanging in that range would lead me to believe it's trying to push higher.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:32:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Two new MVIS patent approvals today...

"...facilitate increased detector sensitivity and reliability in a scanning laser device."

- and -

"Integrated laser and modular systems." Which, honestly, to my backwoods NC learning appears to be written in electro/optical gibberish. Fortunately some lackey in the patent office went, "Yes, uh-huh, sure...I know some of these words. GRANTED!"

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:10:11 AM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Pavy:
AMC trading has been halted per Schwab.
View Quote

Around 7 times so far
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:52:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:
View Quote

What is going on? I've been busy all morning and haven't looked until just now, maybe I need to not look more often.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:56:11 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:

What is going on? I've been busy all morning and haven't looked until just now, maybe I need to not look more often.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By TinSpinner:
Originally Posted By BM-ARM-DPMS-guns:

You have weedeater?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:34:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Taysha Gene Therapies (TSHA) earnings today afterhours. Earnings won't be much but they should give an update on their ongoing promising trials regarding treatment for Rett Syndrome. Last earnings updates have seen the price vault from mid-$2 to mid-$3. Currently settled back to $2.55-2.60 area.

I'm in with a little over 70k shares.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:12:19 PM EDT
[#30]
What is this, about the 10th trading halt for GME?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

Both at about 18 today
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:58:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Anyone else migrated to Schwabb from TD?  

I can't trade futures on ToS anymore.  They've also rolled back all my options trading settings.  I can no longer trade uncovered.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

There's an actual trading stop page for the NASDAQ. History for the whole day...

Trading Halts
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By RatherBeLifting:
Anyone else migrated to Schwabb from TD?  

I can't trade futures on ToS anymore.  They've also rolled back all my options trading settings.  I can no longer trade uncovered.
View Quote

Good luck.  I've called 3 times and they still haven't switched me from margin back to cash.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:07:48 PM EDT
[#35]
In for another taste of GME - in at 44 out at 49.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

There's an actual trading stop page for the NASDAQ. History for the whole day...

Trading Halts
View All Quotes

Trading Halts

Hey thanks, that might come in handy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:34:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Wow, just realized JC_ could flip that 50K buy he made on MVIS Thursday for a $33,000 net gain right now.

IRS would go in unlubed on the STCG, but they're going to do that anyway. Take all the risk, pay a third of the profit.
View Quote
It is like you were guiding me, $33,065.54 is what the 50k netted. I missed peak by .02 per share.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By JC_:
It is like you were guiding me, $33,065.54 is what the 50k netted. I missed peak by .02 per share.
View All Quotes

congratulations!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:50:16 PM EDT
[#39]
View All Quotes

Hey good for you!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:52:55 PM EDT
[#40]
In for another taste of GME - in at 44 out at 49.
View Quote

You’re better than me. I’m gonna hold for one more day. Probably a bad thing to do but I’m a glutton for punishment. Ended up selling my MVIS and split it 80/20 between GME/AMC . Took a big hit on AMC but I’m used to buying the peak and selling at the dip by now
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:02:23 PM EDT
[#41]
ATH close for the NASDAQ today

boom
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#42]
View All Quotes

Nice!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Scrote:

Nice!
View All Quotes

Nice!

ABAT earnings today?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:13:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: m1awolf] [#44]
View All Quotes

ATFIRSagentlookingoverwall.gif   AfricanAmericanguy IRSagentrubbinghandsbehindtree.gif  
ETA
10% 30% for the big guy....
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:19:06 PM EDT
[#45]

You have weedeater?
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#46]
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:51:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scrote] [#47]
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

ABAT earnings today?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By bradpierson26:

Nice!

ABAT earnings today?

Tomorrow, from what I've gathered.

But they've not announced anything yet.

The silence is getting a bit old.

Eta- they did post this yesterday, after being silent for way to long.

https://americanbatterytechnology.com/press-release/american-battery-technology-company-ramps-its-lithium-ion-battery-recycling-facility-and-operates-at-over-115-design-rate/
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:21:30 PM EDT
[#48]
View Quote

That was a gutsy trade.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:07:10 PM EDT
[#49]
I know a couple of guys in this thread bought Onon
Up close to 20% today

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#50]

https://www.investopedia.com/articles/financial-theory/08/contrarian-investing.asp

“Nathan Rothschild, a 19th-century British financier and member of the Rothschild banking family, is credited with saying that "the time to buy is when there's blood in the streets."
Page / 1699
Top Top