Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 10
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:51:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Frank762] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PolarBear416:
This is Russia making a big push before that aid arrives. Should have arrived six months ago but the GOP House played chicken with it

Biden is also to blame, he should have approved ATACMS and other things on day one, not dribbled it.

View Quote

Those damn Republicans!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:54:55 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Kuhndog:
You Putin puffers never fail to surprise. Ukraine was shell starved and basically out of ammo for months, and it’ll take months for the munitions to get to the front. Russias gains are due to the west’s lack of urgency.

It’s the same foolish surprise Biden and his lackies faced when they dithered on tanks and armored infantry fighting vehicles for months, waiting for Russia to build defense in depth and then being dumbfounded that Ukraine couldn’t penetrate it with 30 Abram tanks and a couple handfuls of Bradleys.

Russis is not our friend, they never will be.

Unlike many other mistakes, Iraqi army, afghan army, south Vietnamese army… Ukraine actually wants to fight. My guess is life under Russia has taught Ukraine what life will be like and they do not want it.
View Quote

You’re going to spend out last dollar to the last Ukranian.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
Russia wouldn't be our enemy either if we didn't present a hostile and increasing military threat to them.   We are literally the asshole putting a finger in someone's face until they do something world wide.  Except it's weapons not fingers
View Quote

The US went almost thirty years without paying Russia any mind and that pissed Russia off more than anything else.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:02:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

The TASS site has already claimed that the CIA is recruiting drug cartels to fill Ukraine's ranks. I think that was fake/propaganda, but its not that far fetched to imagine something like that happening in the future
View Quote

It’s TASS but it *might* be propaganda?

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:17:02 AM EDT
[#5]
At what point will they pay me billions to care any more?

Lets rescue ourselves this next fall
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:29:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Frank762:

Those damn Republicans!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
This is Russia making a big push before that aid arrives. Should have arrived six months ago but the GOP House played chicken with it

Biden is also to blame, he should have approved ATACMS and other things on day one, not dribbled it.

Those damn Republicans!
Damn uniparty
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:35:02 AM EDT
[#7]

Those damn Republicans!
View Quote

Mike Johnson literally refused to bring the bill to the floor at the behest of extremists such as MTG.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:42:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

Mike Johnson literally refused to bring the bill to the floor at the behest of extremists such as MTG.
View All Quotes

Those damn Republicans!

I am good with that.

Our country sends far too much blood and treasure overseas.

And no, Ukraine is no exception.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:51:15 AM EDT
[#9]

I am good with that.

View All Quotes

Those damn Republicans!

I am good with that.

The problem is that we're still paying, but because we dithered, we aren't getting the results we paid for.

We should have given them everything needed to win quickly right up front - patriots, ATACMS, tanks, jets, everything.

Or we should have done nothing.

But we have a weak President and a dithering Congress so we ended up dribbling stuff in always a day late and a dollar short .

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:10:25 AM EDT
[#10]
The problem is that we're still paying, but because we dithered, we aren't getting the results we paid for.

We should have given them everything needed to win quickly right up front - patriots, ATACMS, tanks, jets, everything.

But we have a weak President and a dithering Congress so we ended up dribbling stuff in always a day late and a dollar short .

View All Quotes

Those damn Republicans!

I am good with that.

We should have done nothing.

Not our backyard.

Under Obama, the U.S. wouldn't send "lethal" aid, Crimea was taken.

Trump sends "lethal" aid, no war.

Biden is POTUS and Ukraine gets invaded.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:39:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lycurgus] [#11]
Russia wouldn't be our enemy either if we didn't present a hostile and increasing military threat to them.   We are literally the asshole putting a finger in someone's face until they do something world wide.  Except it's weapons not fingers
View Quote

What price would you be willing to pay to have Russia profess to be a friend/ally of the US? And I assure you, there would be a price.

((And don't forget, Russia is never to be trusted. You may think Russia will side with the West in a war with China as long as we do not (in Russia's eyes) antagonize or threaten them, but that could very well be a delusional position in the end. Or it could be that there would be an additional price to pay by the West to bribe Russia in event of an Asian war.))

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:50:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By JarheadPatriot:
Russia will surrender any day now.
View Quote

“But it was alright, everything was alright, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:52:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RCaerbannog240] [#13]
Dunno if you're ethnically Russian, a fan, or whatever. I just see that you post a lot of positive threads about them.

The Russians and their govt are not your friends.
Russia is not a friend to Western Civilization.
Russia isn't a Christian nation and has many of the same moral failings as the freak shows here.
The Russian Orthodox Church has been corrupted by the KGB.
Not only are they insanely corrupt they've been culturally destroyed by Marxism.
The manner in which Russian police and intel services operate give FBI and ATF trannies permanent chubs.
They have gun laws that are worse than California's.
Their education system is gutted and the talented people they do churn out either leave or get involved in shady shit.
Historically they're responsible for the radicalization of the Muslim world.
Their young people are demoralized to the point that alcoholism and prostitution are mainstay's of their cultural zeitgeist.
Russia, China, and Israel all enjoy stealing and selling stolen American technology amongst themselves.
They along with the Chinese destabilized Africa and effectively wiped out centuries of progress.

So yeah. I don't care for how incompetently Europe is handling Ukraine or that the US taxpayer keeps getting saddled with policing an ungrateful world. That said, you're out of your mind if you think Russia pulling this shit is a good thing dude. There is a reason Patton wanted to nuke them after the Second World war. Everything they touch turns to shit.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:00:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By lycurgus:

What price would you be willing to pay to have Russia profess to be a friend/ally of the US? And I assure you, there would be a price.

((And don't forget, Russia is never to be trusted. You may think Russia will side with the West in a war with China as long as we do not (in Russia's eyes) antagonize or threaten them, but that could very well be a delusional position in the end. Or it could be that there would be an additional price to pay by the West to bribe Russia in event of an Asian war.))

View Quote

And what would that price be?

Just asking for a friend.

If Asia goes south for them, maybe they can join NATO too!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:29:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#15]

View All Quotes

Had Trump been in office and the war started (I doubt it would have) the response would have been much different.

The Ukrainians would have had the same level of support the USSR had except better run, not dragged out, and far more effective.

31 Abrams? Howabout 300.

24 Himars? Howabout 56.

1 patriot? Start talking multiple systems.

F16s in 2024? Howabout the end of 2022.

Look at the floodgates trump opened for a bloody cold because the media used it to make him look bad.

How much do you think he would do when given an opportunity to crush the Russians worse than 2018 and flip the script AND the MSM off about being a Russian asset?

Originally Posted By Anastasios:

“But it was alright, everything was alright, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.”

Russian big brother is good, trad, red pilled, and traditional family values

So much so Arfcommers will move to Russia for it.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:29:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lycurgus] [#16]

View All Quotes

Everything in this world has a price, unfortunately. (Thirty pieces of silver...)

I was hoping someone like you could elucidate upon the price required to ostensibly garner Russian (self-serving) support for the West?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:54:48 AM EDT
[#17]

Everything in this world has a price, unfortunately. (Thirty pieces of silver...)

I was hoping someone like you could elucidate upon the price required to ostensibly garner Russian (self-serving) support for the West?
View All Quotes

I would use Ukraine as a buffer/DMZ backed up by nukes.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:51:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Nickel_Plated:

Lol, tards thinking that aid voted for, means that money starts hitting Ukrainian bank accounts the next day and the missiles are packed and ready to ship. It's probably going to be months before dudes on the ground start seeing any difference.
View Quote

The dudes on the ground are never going to see a difference.

And the F-16s are not coming either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:41:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Bogdan:
Ah yes the russians setting a new record for daily casualties and equipment loss before the US aid gets here. Sketti thread.
View Quote

I have Ukrainian wife... I know what sketti means... lmao
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:13:34 AM EDT
[#20]
What a surprise.

The Ukrainian commander responsible for the northeastern Kharkiv frontline was replaced during the Russian offensive, a military command said on Monday.

https://archive.fo/0B1pO#selection-953.0-1729.1
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:15:06 AM EDT
[#21]
Ukrainian spending is a drop in the bucket compared to the annual US budget. It's nothing compared to our recent 20 year excursion into the Middle East.

Backing down to Russia and the ramifications that would cause with global politics will cost far more Americans dollars and lives in the long term than is what being spent now.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:27:50 AM EDT
[#22]
So it’s just like our public education system.  

The more money they throw at it, the worse it gets.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:40:37 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fadedsun] [#23]
Originally Posted By xciapup:

The dudes on the ground are never going to see a difference.

And the F-16s are not coming either.
View Quote

The guys on the ground are seeing a difference.

Western aid is picking up. Shells are making it forward.

F16s are coming. Pilots are being trained and flying now. Repeating a myth doesn’t make it true

Ask
These guys if western aid is not making a difference

Too many people are willing to fight Biden to the last Russian male.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 7:54:42 AM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By ArmyInfantryVet:
The finger can be pointed right at fuckwads like MTG and Speaker Johnson.

6 months of nothing is criminal negligence
View Quote

Lol what a stupid fucking take.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By BrentMG:

Lol what a stupid fucking take.
View Quote

I mean, not really.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:34:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: ArmyInfantryVet] [#26]

I am good with that.

View Quote

I think 1% of the budget is Foriegn aid. We're not going broke sending weapons to Ukraine. And not sending Ukraine weapons won't help the debt a single bit.

What it will do is tell our allies and the non-allies that we're trying to recruit that the US is a terrible ally. Very possibly making them have to break alliances with us and joining China and Russia to protect their backsides.

The US cannot confront or defeat China and Russia alone. We have to have strong alliances to win in the Indo-Pacific. Our strong alliances allow us to punch way above our weight. If we do anything to undermine our alliances......like not being a reliable trustworthy partner.  Then we can lose this thing.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:46:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Good. Fuck Ukraine. And fuck Russia too.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:49:17 AM EDT
[#28]

It's sad that the Party of Reagan is now the Party of Putin.
View Quote

Haha. Yeah, ok.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:52:03 AM EDT
[#29]

View Quote

"Extremists"
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By 56xdx_Z:

The interrogation style questioning / elicitation strategy stuff relies on building rapport, just FYI. Remember us having this same conversation about Avdiivka? How did that end up, lol
View Quote

Remember the first time they tried to take the city?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:07:41 AM EDT
[#31]
I hear Blinken popped over for a meeting with the Z man.
Pep talk time!
Chop,chop bro we got an election in 6 months and we need some winning!

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:09:29 AM EDT
[#32]
When our sons are sent to die, I will remember the weak foreign policy of the west and the people like Sketti who supported and even cheered for Russian victory.

I just hope the supporters of Russian aggression are old enough to be drafted.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:13:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Toybasher] [#33]
View Quote
Eh, we started being enemies very soon after WW2, though. I wish we could have had a US/USSR alliance post WW2 considering we both fought against the Axis but it wasn't meant to be. (I blame communism.)

USSR/Russia also funded our enemies. Vietnam during the Vietnam War, North Korea during the Korean War, etc.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:17:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729.gif
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Alwaysright:

It's sad that the Party of Reagan is now the Party of Putin.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/Thats_true-729.gif

The Party of Reagan was hijacked by the party of Bush. They are not the same ('conservative' vs. 'Progressive' RINO).
Putin's rise was because of the rise of the managerial state in the West, the same one that preaches climate change, transgender worship, EVs, etc.
The Managerial state created Putin, and now wants to end him (which is not a bad thing) but for all of the wrong reasons (promotion of the single Progressive managerial state now orchestrated out of Belgium). Being against the Progressive managerial state is not the same as being for Putin, as convenient as that is, optically, to push it.

Who supports Ukraine? Conservatives? no.
RINOs and Democrats? yes.
THis is what is called a clue...

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:43:32 AM EDT
[#35]
Video:

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 9:57:48 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Subpar:

Do you have a hypothesis as to why the Ukraine didn’t do more to prepare in the 8 years since Russia annexed Crimea?

8 years to prepare and they’re reliant on a gofundme to hold on to eastern manure pastures?
View Quote

Excellent point and waiting for the rebuttal.  So far Ukraine defense program has been zelensky blowing any politician that will give him 10 dollars.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:02:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FuriousYachtsman:

Criminal how?
View Quote

Criminal because they had to think about giving away US money to a corrupt shithole.  Everyone knows they should have rubber stamped that shit without even thinking about it, lol.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:45:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By DH243:

Excellent point
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DH243:

Excellent point
Not really
and waiting for the rebuttal.  So far Ukraine defense program has been zelensky blowing any politician that will give him 10 dollars.
Russia has 60+ years of stockpiled military equipment they are using, while Ukraine was forced to give up all their good shit by the USA and Russia. From 1996 to 2021, Russia has had a cumulative GDP of approx $30 trillion, while Ukraine has had a cumulative GDP of approx $2.8 trillion. In that same time period, Russia's military expenditures has been approx $1.2 trillion, 43% of Ukraine's total cumulative GDP over the last 25 years.

With those resources, what specifically should Ukraine have done in order to take on Russia by themselves?
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:48:59 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DarkStar:

Video:

View Quote

Funny that it's america's fault for not sending enough, when millions of what we did send disappeared into fake construction companies, according to the ukrainians themselves (link posted on page 2, post 24). Seems like the mormon church is more determined to build their temples in texas and nevada than the ukies were determined to build trenches around kharkov
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:05:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: walkinginadangerzone] [#40]
Huh, I wonder what happened to the supposed Freedom of Russia Legion that was supposedly liberating that area two months ago?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-Russia-is-being-liberated/5-2712601/?page=1
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:26:12 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OscarD] [#41]

Those damn Republicans!
View All Quotes

Those damn Republicans!

I know when I pull the lever for a republican I always do so in the hopes that they’ll send trillions in foreign aid to Eastern Europe.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:29:00 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By TylerF:
Ukrainian spending is a drop in the bucket compared to the annual US budget. It's nothing compared to our recent 20 year excursion into the Middle East.

Backing down to Russia and the ramifications that would cause with global politics will cost far more Americans dollars and lives in the long term than is what being spent now.
View Quote

I think they used to say the same thing about letting Vietnam fall to the communists or letting Iraq develop WMDs.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:29:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: OscarD] [#43]
Originally Posted By BoomerShooter:
Good. Fuck Ukraine. And fuck Russia too.
View Quote

Don’t worry. Ukraine will certainly recapture that and more in their annual upcoming summer offensive.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:08:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Sketti] [#44]
Originally Posted By Paraflare:
When our sons are sent to die, I will remember the weak foreign policy of the west and the people like Sketti who supported and even cheered for Russian victory.

I just hope the supporters of Russian aggression are old enough to be drafted.
View Quote

The Cult: Complaining about wasting billions of stolen tax payer monies on a corrupt foreign country = cheering for a Russian victory

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:25:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:

They aren’t going to see a difference at all. Ukraine is going to lose or suck NATO into something that will get out of control.

Only way out of this is to force them to the negotiation table Ukraine loses some territory and UN “peace keepers” are sent in for a period to enforce a DMZ and neutral zone. Russia is on the hook for resettling funds for Ukrainians that don’t wish to be Russian citizens.

Everybody loses and lives to fight another day.
View Quote

This exact fantasy has already been tried since 2014, when the peninsula was occupied.  Exactly this. It did not appease anyone and in fact resulted  in 2022. Crimea was essential in the 2022 attack.
Once new ground will be gained, it will be used as a staging area to take even more ground. There is no other possibility.
This sounds exactly like some version of Trump's BS where he will propose a short-term solution which will be a disaster long-term.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:35:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By BoomerShooter:

"Extremists"
View Quote

Being just 1 of maybe a dozen pro-Russia loons in the entire Congress does qualify as extreme,  I'd say.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:39:08 PM EDT
[#47]

View Quote

I would agree with this. If we decided that involving ourselves in this was in our interests, we should have not taken half measures.

Awhile back I was arguing with someone here about that. For like the last 30 years or so, more often than not things would be better if we did nothing. We half ass shit, and things are only worse.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:43:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Sketti:
Ah yes, stolen tax payer monies well spent!

"Ukrainian forces suffered considerable territorial losses over the weekend despite receiving a large military aid package from the U.S. in April, according to The New York Times.

From Friday to Sunday, Russian forces captured more square miles per day than they have at nearly any point of the war other than its earliest days, taking nine villages in Ukraine's north while defending fighters fell back, according to the Times. The Russians' advances came just weeks after Congress approved a $61 billion infusion of military aid for the Ukrainian forces on April 21, proponents of which argued that the aid was essential for Ukraine to withstand the invasion."

Article link
View Quote
Money well spent to destroy Russian troops and equipment.

At least the gear will kill Russians vs being left for the Taliban.

And we can see how it does vs a peer enemy and no loss of our service men and women.

Russia can end this anytime they want, but they won't and will continue to wipe out their men and equipment.

Might get even more sporty if nukes come into play and Russia nukes contaminate the wheat fields and Russia and Ukraine starve to death.

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:48:35 PM EDT
[#49]
The US was still moving munitions to Ukraine over the entire period that the debate in Congress over new monies and authorities.

The issue was not so much a lack of ordinance as was seen by the majority of Ukrainian casually during treated during the period were from injuries created by UAS.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#50]

We should have done nothing.

Not our backyard.

Under Obama, the U.S. wouldn't send "lethal" aid, Crimea was taken.

Trump sends "lethal" aid, no war.

Biden is POTUS and Ukraine gets invaded.

View Quote
Problem is not selling the modern Nuke ICBMs etc.

Had Russia been staring at 1000 Nuke Ukraine controlled ICBMs this war might have never happened.

Russia can't do a full scale Nuke attack as their grain production will be wiped out and they starve.
Page / 10
Top Top