Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Transplant here. Lots of things suck here but who gives a shit, we love it and couldn’t care less if anything changed. We accept our home as home without the need to make changes
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Special-K:
I know five transplants to the Northwestern Tennessee area. Four are from Western New York and the 5th is from Illinois. All are staunch red conservatives. I may become the 6th.
View Quote

It needs to be pointed out again and again - a CA or NY conservative is not a TN (or whatever red, rural state they're moving to) conservative. They just don't think the same way.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:

Amazing what real trees look like, isnt it?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BladedRonin:
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
I'm in TN (close to Knoxville) staying with a friend while my house in Texas is being built.

I gotta say, it's amazingly beautiful here. I would love to live around here.

Amazing what real trees look like, isnt it?

We've got them in spades ♠️ in East Texas, granted no sequoia but we got trees lake's and as far as I'm concerned way too much rain lately!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

until enough of them show up to change elections...
View Quote

If y'all don't realize that this is part of the plan, you are smoking more crack than hunter...

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:05:16 PM EDT
[#5]
They're transplanting into the Atlanta surrounding areas also and are acting like complete and utter dickheads. They come and move down here and act like they own the damn place.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:05:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ll probably sell my FL and PA property and go to TN.  I want to be in eastern TN not Chattanooga though, I lived there in the mid 80’s.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#7]
New Jersey, the don't call it the Garbage State for nothing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:10:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
I haven't been there since the 80s or 90s but parts of southern Jersey were nice.

I haven't been there since the summer of 1997, Cape May was nice. The Ants and Moskitos were plentiful and the HVAC was lacking.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Originally Posted By SAARINEN:
Funny, i had to visit new jersey for the first time in my life a few months back.  Complete shit hole,  you can't take left turns at most intersections- you have to take a right to take a left (google new jersey jughandles).. And they're the last remaining state that you aren't allowed to pump your own gas at gas stations. I'll take Tennessee over that nightmare.
I haven't been there since the 80s or 90s but parts of southern Jersey were nice.

I haven't been there since the summer of 1997, Cape May was nice. The Ants and Moskitos were plentiful and the HVAC was lacking.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:10:44 PM EDT
[#9]
FPNI

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:14:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RTX:
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.
View Quote

Is Texas still marketing to Californians to move there?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:15:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:15:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.
View Quote

At least in Florida most of them who seem to have moved down lately has been republicans.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:18:55 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote
This x1000.  The communists have overrun Comal county to the north, and they are starting to infect (spread) to areas further south than San Antone.  They think nothing of the real estate prices around here and pay cash, screwing up all the property valuations and taxing folks who have been here for generations out of their homes/off their properties.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:20:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By ztug:

At least in Florida most of them who seem to have moved down lately has been republicans.
View All Quotes

LOfuckingL. Do you really think a New York republican is automatically good for conservatism in Florida? How would you like Rudy for governor? Yeah, that's what I thought.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:22:19 PM EDT
[#15]
The food in TN does suck.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:23:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Shitbird Dems have been moving around for decades. Nothing New. I was born in what is now a complete shithole known as Michigan.
I wonder how nice it would have been had all the shitbird southern democrates had stayed where the fuck they came from?
Southerners always pissing and moaning but the sewage has flowed both ways and you guys were first.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:29:31 PM EDT
[#17]
NJ does have good food. My GF is from there. I’m flying out there next month and she’s coming back with me for good.

She’s said she’s gonna miss the food the most. She hates NJ other than that.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
they are all parasites.

I have NJ and NY neighbors here in Oregon and they are exact same.

The snobbiness, their brass and crass call out of rural people.

I do enjoy them calling the cops and whining on Next Door about people that are shooting in the rural parts of my county.

They can't do dibly squat on it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:46:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Tennessee may go blue someday but its likely a long way off. Nashville is not big enough to be anywhere near able to overtake the rest of the state. Go look at the numbers. If it doubled in size, it still wouldn't be enough.  It isn't at the tipping point yet.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wyomingnick:
Tennessee may go blue someday but its likely a long way off. Nashville is not big enough to be anywhere near able to overtake the rest of the state. Go look at the numbers. If it doubled in size, it still wouldn't be enough.  It isn't at the tipping point yet.
The problem with Nashville is that's where the laws are made. Fortunately, most of the reps still go home so they don't think downtown is normal.

Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Tennessee is a savage place. A lot of people in the hills there are only one generation removed from cannibalism, and they only gave it up because government assistance and OxyContin made them too lazy to hunt the toughest game.

Can confirm.

Also, if the inhabitants don't get you, the first time you say 'freeway' the pollen will... (Shrugs)
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:49:49 PM EDT
[#20]

LOfuckingL. Do you really think a New York republican is automatically good for conservatism in Florida? How would you like Rudy for governor? Yeah, that's what I thought.
View All Quotes

Florida has moved SOLID red with everyone moving in.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:59:29 PM EDT
[#21]
Tennessee is a savage place. A lot of people in the hills there are only one generation removed from cannibalism, and they only gave it up because government assistance and OxyContin made them too lazy to hunt the toughest game.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:10:37 PM EDT
[#22]
I think my cousins are still kidnapping yankee newcomers and making them swear an oath on the confederate constitution!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:15:48 PM EDT
[#23]
This is why you ban weed and abortions. Keep those turds away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Pallas:
The Northerners can be bad here, almost as bad as the people from Alabama.

People said that about FL. We now have a Republican majority, first time in history.

Now, northern Republicans are a bit different, but not full blown lib.

Shouldn’t be allowed to vote for two election cycles and cannot hold elected position for 15yrs.
View Quote

Florida republicans are weak and spineless
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:22:37 PM EDT
[#25]
But why? Trump just BROKE a Record in New Jersey. Make New Jersey Great Again!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:24:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#26]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By BUCC_Guy:
I've been here 14 years and I would absolutely not raise kids in "small towns" here.  Rural schools are rough, and issues generally follow the economic status of the local population.

Stay near the jobs and the highly educated, or at least the highly motivated.

View Quote

Finally some honesty here....

The governor of TN should be ashamed of himself. Nothing to build up the smaller, rural, etc. towns. And, IMO, just like Florida and Georgia, he can just sit on his ass and people fleeing from their shitholes is bringing economic growth - not any effort on his part.

POS
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:40:11 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Southernfried:

Agree, been here for 57 years, please, stay far, far, far away.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Southernfried:
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
Tennessee is a shithole. Folks should stay far away.

Agree, been here for 57 years, please, stay far, far, far away.

I have only been in TN for a few years. I want to stay here but my job is ordering me to TX. A few years there then back to TN in a nice house in the sticks, as far away from the top 5 biggest cities in TN as possible.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:43:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Scoobysmak] [#29]
Originally Posted By StraightShootinGal:

The governor of TN should be ashamed of himself. Nothing to build up the smaller, rural, etc. towns. And, IMO, just like Florida and Georgia, he can just sit on his ass and people fleeing from their shitholes is bringing economic growth - not any effort on his part.

POS
View All Quotes
I've been here 14 years and I would absolutely not raise kids in "small towns" here.  Rural schools are rough, and issues generally follow the economic status of the local population.

POS

More for the poster you quoted but you implied it was an honest post:

I guess moving to NYC would solve the problems with the rural schools....

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/over-half-of-city-kids-cant-handle-basic-english-math-on-state-tests/

How about Baltimore anyone...

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/77-tested-at-baltimore-high-school-read-at-elementary-level-71-at-kindergarten

Now I am not saying rural schools are great but might be more location dependent than putting them all in one big group like I just did for the cities.

More parents should care about their kids education anyway.  I would want to be more involved than just saying hey go learn today not having a clue what was being taught.  Look at all the uproar during kung flu when kids had to stay home and when the parents finally saw the curriculum and assignments.

I don't disagree about the governor though.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:47:24 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Grumple:
They are back  in NJ visiting. I'm here for work. They sitting next to me at a restaurant yapping.

They are in the  Nashville area.

This is what they said to their friend who is with them

Oh it's great, big houses low taxes but anything outside Nashville is redneck and if you can get over them it's a nice place.

Apparently the food sucks in TN as well.

Lmfao.

Good luck TN. I know ya'll have alot of transplants moving there. Not much longer before they flip you blue.
View Quote
I grew up there and still have family there. Middle TN is fucked.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:47:45 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Aspida1776:
Originally Posted By 50cal:

The transplants are mostly staying in the larger cities. No great loss. Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville .ostly vote blue anyway. The rural parts of the state outnumber them anyway. TN will be red for a long time.

I live on the county outside Knoxville.  We have had a few northerners and far westerners move in. They haven't stayed long. When we go out shooting in the evenings and most of the weekend and they call the law and complain, they get told it's legal in the county and to get used to it. They usually are gone within a few months. One couple made it 6 months before deciding to move back to California.
Another retired couple from Connecticut made it 3 or 4 months before moving back north.

A binary triggered AR really sets them off. Wish I had kept my MP5, but sold it when they hit $25k. The MP5 would have really set the Cali couple off. They called the law anytime they heard shots. And Posted it on Nextdoor.

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter

So does that mean if I buy a MP5 I can write it off as a home improvement project?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:51:51 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By Jesus-with-a-AR15:
They can kiss my rebel dick.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:56:03 PM EDT
[#33]
Locusts. Fucking Locusts.

It happens in a lot of places.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:00:06 PM EDT
[#34]
I wish I could tell you a single good thing from New Jersey. But I'd be labeled a genius and get a medal if I could.

They can't even drive like a normal person. Their beaches SUCK, their laws SUCK, the people SUCK, the only cool thing related to NJ is the Battleship NJ, which was built in PA, and currently in PA.

Good luck, they will ruin TN as they have eastern PA.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#35]
I moved to TN from Pennsyltuckey and most of the folks I've met get confused when they realize I'm far more conservative than they are.

I live in a location that is very rural and primarily vacation homes and weekend/summer only people, so most of the houses on the lake are rarely occupied or AirBnb.

When I first met some of my part time neighbors, a couple took me aside to tell me how nice the area was, but there were rednecks everywhere. They haven't talked to me since  I put up a couple of guest passes to my range as part of a fundraiser for adding fish to the lake
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:05:09 PM EDT
[#36]
At some point we all came from somewhere I guess. Wish I could claim family lineage to this Vermonter. He was my kind of no-good Yankee. Seeing his name made me realize, it’s not where you are from, it’s where you choose to make your stand.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:05:54 PM EDT
[#37]
One Arfcomer was asking about moving to NH from a liberal state.   He (her/they?) was offended when I asked if he was a refugee or a missionary?  

I bet you folks have the same problems.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:08:15 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
I'm in TN (close to Knoxville) staying with a friend while my house in Texas is being built.

I gotta say, it's amazingly beautiful here. I would love to live around here.
View Quote

@Matthew_Q

I have 2 sisters and a brother in the Knoxville area, and my parents just moved there 2+ years ago.  East Tennessee is paradise.  The weather is perfect.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:15:50 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By dorobuta:

until enough of them show up to change elections...
View Quote
They are an infestation like pigeons...  
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:23:03 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
I wish I could tell you a single good thing from New Jersey. But I'd be labeled a genius and get a medal if I could.

They can't even drive like a normal person. Their beaches SUCK, their laws SUCK, the people SUCK, the only cool thing related to NJ is the Battleship NJ, which was built in PA, and currently in PA.

Good luck, they will ruin TN as they have eastern PA.
View Quote

Ummm... south Jersey is pretty awesome.  You've got a mix of farmland and pine forest with small towns, then the beach towns which are each very different.  100+ miles of oceanfront in the state.  There's a pretty wide gap between Avalon and Newark.  I'll take NJ over TN all day long.  Taxes and politics suck, but that's not all there is in life.

Eastern PA's politics are garbage because the Republican party is a bunch of faggots who have failed to connect with voters.  NJ had nothing to do with that, they did it all by themselves.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#41]
When a leftist talks about the greatness that is diversity, all the really mean is ethnic restaurants. They don't actually want to live near "those people."
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#42]

View Quote

Or... I'll stay on my 90 acres, continue to work as an engineer and educate my children at home with my "highly educated" wife. I'm not going to live in fear of being around the poors.
View Quote

I see you have visited Cocke and or Johnson County
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 12:50:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alex9661] [#43]
Originally Posted By SuperHeavy:
the only cool thing related to NJ is the Battleship NJ, which was built in PA, and currently in PA.
View Quote

Wrong. It's in Camden,NJ across the river from Philly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:10:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/over-half-of-city-kids-cant-handle-basic-english-math-on-state-tests/

https://foxbaltimore.com/news/project-baltimore/77-tested-at-baltimore-high-school-read-at-elementary-level-71-at-kindergarten

Now I am not saying rural schools are great but might be more location dependent than putting them all in one big group like I just did for the cities.

More parents should care about their kids education anyway.  I would want to be more involved than just saying hey go learn today not having a clue what was being taught.  Look at all the uproar during kung flu when kids had to stay home and when the parents finally saw the curriculum and assignments.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Scoobysmak:

POS

Feel free to lump those big cities together.  I wouldn't send kids there either.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 1:37:32 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By 5thLegion:
At some point we all came from somewhere I guess. Wish I could claim family lineage to this Vermonter. He was my kind of no-good Yankee. Seeing his name made me realize, it’s not where you are from, it’s where you choose to make your stand.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/112468/IMG_1134_jpeg-3213871.JPG
View Quote

Did we though? My family has been in the South since 1608. Last person to get here arrived in 1767 from Belfast (Northern) Ireland.

You can be a northerner, you can feel like your home, but when you start calling coke, 'pop' and bitching about there not being a good bagel place...

I hear shit like that all the time. Oh, ya and jacking up the property taxes, land value, and bringing developers in with you...

Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:29:19 AM EDT
[#46]
Good luck, TN.

New Yawkers discovered Roanoke about 15 or so years ago.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:19:16 AM EDT
[#47]
i hope they (the libtards) ALL go to TN so we can get this place straightened out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:35:43 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By King-Of-Town:
The food in TN does suck.
View Quote

Yes! We have bad food here! Do not come here! Go to Florida which is known for its haute cuisine!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:22:21 AM EDT
[#49]
What ya’ll need to pay attention to are the voting habits and political views of your wives, children, and grand children.  

The public schools are churning out western civilization hating Marxists.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:24:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Extorris] [#50]
Originally Posted By neshomamench:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By neshomamench:

Especially places that invite them.

Carefully chosen expo locations in New York, New Jersey, Illinois and greater Washington, D.C. allow the Retire Tennessee program to market to retirees who wish to relocate after retirement.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top