User Panel

Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:52:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By am6186:
Whiskers,

I received my approved permit yesterday in the mail; dated ETA 5/13/2024.

Hopefully what you did "corrected" the "error" at the clerks office :)

Thanks again! Fairfax County as well
View Quote

No problem dude. As previously mentioned, whether they're stupid or playing games, neither is acceptable.

Talked to one lawyer already, he doesn't think I have a case going forward because I wasn't denied anything and they made it right. When I get the transcript I'll see if VCDL lawyer agrees.

At the very least, obviously these judges talk so hopefully word made it around.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:08:00 PM EDT
[#2]
It's my thread so I get to post propaganda

Decentralization Propaganda Will Continue Until Morale Improves
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:13:42 PM EDT
[#3]
I got my anti Maryland patch proof as well

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:26:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mbg0001:

Well, there was this, which you should totally not do, even in Minecraft.

Also, the NRA is suing Fairfax over the parks ban.

The case is LaFave vs. County of Fairfax.  

Outside of that, I think Arlington intentionally put their signs on cardboard stock that melts in the rain so they could say they did something but not have to deal with it.  That's per my conversations with some Arlington PD in meatspace.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
Originally Posted By WhiskersTheCat:
The cities are getting control of our legislature, there's no doubt that is a huge problem. But I think there's a VERY strong legal tradition in Virginia that requires more attention and action. VCDL is doing their part, but I also think a large part of it just needs to be us getting off our ass and taking the time.

VCDL got a lot of illegal "no guns" signs taken down in parks, but really the citizens of that town should do that.

The more we do the small stuff, the more money VCDL has to do the expensive stuff like fight stuff in Appellate Courts and the Commonwealth of Virginia Supreme Court. That is my thought on it, anyways.

This has been one of the most annoying features of the Dem takeover several years back.  Is there info on the VCDL site about the removal of signs at parks?  Point me in the right direction for more information.  I haven't heard about that effort and I'm pretty dialed in on things here.

Outside of that, I think Arlington intentionally put their signs on cardboard stock that melts in the rain so they could say they did something but not have to deal with it.  That's per my conversations with some Arlington PD in meatspace.

VCDL and GOA already sued and got the parks and “permitted events” ban struck down in Winchester (Stickley v. Winchester) and are about to get the city-owned parking garage ban nuked there as well. They have a suit pending against Roanoke on parks as well.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:44:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:

Man oh man, am I glad I live in a Free State where an official 'permission slip' isn't needed to exercise an explicit constitutional right.
View Quote
Me too but... you still need a slip to own a silencer
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:48:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By dbrowne1:

VCDL and GOA already sued and got the parks and “permitted events” ban struck down in Winchester (Stickley v. Winchester) and are about to get the city-owned parking garage ban nuked there as well. They have a suit pending against Roanoke on parks as well.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By apexcrusade:
The cities are getting control of our legislature, there's no doubt that is a huge problem. But I think there's a VERY strong legal tradition in Virginia that requires more attention and action. VCDL is doing their part, but I also think a large part of it just needs to be us getting off our ass and taking the time.

VCDL got a lot of illegal "no guns" signs taken down in parks, but really the citizens of that town should do that.

The more we do the small stuff, the more money VCDL has to do the expensive stuff like fight stuff in Appellate Courts and the Commonwealth of Virginia Supreme Court. That is my thought on it, anyways.

This has been one of the most annoying features of the Dem takeover several years back.  Is there info on the VCDL site about the removal of signs at parks?  Point me in the right direction for more information.  I haven't heard about that effort and I'm pretty dialed in on things here.

Local is the key. Concentric circles of responsibility.

Your town
Your country
Your state

We place far too much importance on an objectively stupid federal government when we should be fighting where we live. I will never donate a dollar to a federal candidate. But I will take time off to fight stupid shit where I live.

I do not give a shit what New York does. I do not even give a shit what Richmond does.

If I travel somewhere, I'll either abide by their laws or not travel there. Really easy.

Shitlibs get it. Jefferson gets it. You guys need to get it. The fight is at the smallest level possible. The federal government is trash
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#7]

Your town
Your country
Your state

We place far too much importance on an objectively stupid federal government when we should be fighting where we live. I will never donate a dollar to a federal candidate. But I will take time off to fight stupid shit where I live.

I do not give a shit what New York does. I do not even give a shit what Richmond does.

If I travel somewhere, I'll either abide by their laws or not travel there. Really easy.

Shitlibs get it. Jefferson gets it. You guys need to get it. The fight is at the smallest level possible. The federal government is trash
View Quote

Except everything discussed in this thread is a product of state law. You’d never have a local fight about CHPs or park bans if the state legislature weren’t retarded.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:11:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Except everything discussed in this thread is a product of state law. You’d never have a local fight about CHPs or park bans if the state legislature weren’t retarded.

View All Quotes

Your town
Your country
Your state

Totally agree. Every state centralized power apparatus is retarded.

Every area where human beings live is different.

New York is stupid and shouldn't govern us. Population centers in Virginia shouldn't govern us.

Also multiple counties in real Virginia have mustered militia. Do not lose faith, we're going to win. Legally, morally, traditionally.

Do not lose the faith brother. This thread is about me demanding the Commonwealth adhere to their own laws. My dream is to RETURN TO 1600s CHARTER.  One step at a time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:19:58 PM EDT
[#9]

New York is stupid and shouldn't govern us. Population centers in Virginia shouldn't govern us.

Also multiple counties in real Virginia have mustered militia. Do not lose faith, we're going to win. Legally, morally, traditionally.

Do not lose the faith brother. This thread is about me demanding the Commonwealth adhere to their own laws. My dream is to RETURN TO 1600s CHARTER.  One step at a time.
View Quote

Oh. Don’t you worry. There is plenty I’m involved in on this stuff. It’s just not always immediately obvious.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:23:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Oh. Don’t you worry. There is plenty I’m involved in on this stuff. It’s just not always immediately obvious.
View All Quotes

I wish to drink with you in a dank tavern basement where we complain about the government
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:03:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 1:28:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Thread reminded me I need to renew mine. No such fuckery here in my county. Of course I am as far west as you can go in Virginia.
Page / 12
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top