BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By rainmaker9:
Boomers are gonna vote to sieze the 401k of younger generations next so it can be funneled into to SSA.

Because Nana doesn't have enough wealth from that house she bought at $22k that's now valued at $3M. She needs it to buy more beanie boos and China dishware for her grandkids
View Quote

You add so much to this thread.  Only hate and no wisdom.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:21:50 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Bucket-Back] [#2]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:25:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Boomers are gonna vote to sieze the 401k of younger generations next so it can be funneled into to SSA.

Because Nana doesn't have enough wealth from that house she bought at $22k that's now valued at $3M. She needs it to buy more beanie boos and China dishware for her grandkids
View Quote
joke's on you.

worthless mills and zekes don't got no 401ks, big shooter.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:25:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Notcalifornialegal:

*pulls up a chair*

Go on.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By lokifox:

I love that the three or four actual tards in congress support this. They face a little bit of a battle.

However, they already created a de-facto death tax on Roths so I wouldn't put it past them to mess with RMDs and a hybrid tax on tax-deferred earnings and income (a flat tax on the earnings on top of your owed income tax).

*pulls up a chair*

Go on.

Complicated but cliff notes are you have to drain an inherited Roth within 10 years of the original owner's death. Doesn't mean you necessarily owe taxes on it, just that you have to do something with it and you can't stick unearned income back into a Roth, nor can you use it as a tax-free investment vessel for your entire life.

https://www.morningstar.com/retirement/faqs-about-inherited-iras
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:32:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By manderson1911:
Just get rid of the SSDI part... it's worthelss anyways.
View Quote
SSDI isn't the problem.  It is funded for 75 years in the projections.  Boomers will loot it to make sure they get theirs.
Originally Posted By Paul_Sothern:

I read the latest figure is a reduction to 77% due to early retirements (due to Covid and the vaccine mandates).

Mark my words -there will be no reduction.  They will increase the retirement age a bit and increase the earnings subject to the SS tax.

Or they will print money so inflation will solve the problem.
View Quote
Or the QALY shows up because Medicare detonates first.  And then the screeching will be epic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:35:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Let the lesser generations pay for us boomer's extravagant life styles.

or if we use it all then so be it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By lokifox:

Complicated but cliff notes are you have to drain an inherited Roth within 10 years of the original owner's death. Doesn't mean you necessarily owe taxes on it, just that you have to do something with it and you can't stick unearned income back into a Roth, nor can you use it as a tax-free investment vessel for your entire life.

https://www.morningstar.com/retirement/faqs-about-inherited-iras
View Quote

Ah gotcha that's where you were going. I would quite call it a death tax, but I can understand a bit.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:37:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#8]
Originally Posted By exponentialpi:
SSDI isn't the problem.  It is funded for 75 years in the projections.  Boomers will loot it to make sure they get theirs.
Or the QALY shows up because Medicare detonates first.  And then the screeching will be epic.
View Quote

I hadn't considered the DI funds.  That's a strong possibility.

What are the reserves in DI vs Standard?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:38:22 AM EDT
[#9]
View Quote

Better start investing in the popcorn industry now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:38:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1Bigdog:
Let the lesser generations pay for us boomer's extravagant life styles.

or if we use it all then so be it.
View Quote

Yep.  I'm heading out now to buy my wife some more diamond rings.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Better start investing in the popcorn industry now.
View Quote
teddy says:  sucks to suck.  renters lol.  fuck you pay me.  work some OT for me boi lol.  

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:42:59 AM EDT
[#12]

I read the latest figure is a reduction to 77% due to early retirements (due to Covid and the vaccine mandates).

Mark my words -there will be no reduction.  They will increase the retirement age a bit and increase the earnings subject to the SS tax.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Kraquine:

It should have been explained a bit better.

"run short of funds" meaning short of funds for full benefits, (reduced to 83%), NOT an empty kitty.

I agree, that's just a projection IF nothing is done. It'll get fixed but I think they're just kicking it down the road for now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:44:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
teddy says:  sucks to suck.  renters lol.  fuck you pay me.  work some OT for me boi lol.  

View Quote

Teddy is gonna enjoy being my dogs fuck toy.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes

At the end of 2023, OASI was 2.6T and DI was 147B.

The problem is the drawdown on OASI was 70B last year alone and is going to increase as the rolls grow. That cliff is fun.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:00 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By LurchAddams:
It's election season.  
View Quote
"Vote for me and I'll be sending the swag home in boxcars.  Your dog will have a government job!" - P.J. O'Rourke
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:47:17 AM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By SnazSleepWalker:
"Social security" and "supplemental security income" come from different pools of money and have no effect on each other.  
You all just enjoy twisting each other's panties and then yelling about it.
View Quote
They come out of different pockets of the same pants.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:49:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#17]

At the end of 2023, OASI was 2.6T and DI was 147B.

The problem is the drawdown on OASI was 70B last year alone and is going to increase as the rolls grow. That cliff is fun.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/200878/Cliff_PNG-3211474.JPG
View Quote

Damn that's not even two years worth.

I bet they still combine it like you're saying as a stop gap.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:05:06 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

I'm voting to put the younger generations directly into slavery. After a few days under the whip they'll be singing a different tune indeed.

I thought the thread was about SSI?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:10:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Paul:

I thought the thread was about SSI?
View Quote

It's a revival meeting for the boomertardians.

They have no idea what SSI is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:12:57 AM EDT
[#20]
They're conflating Social Security with Welfare.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:26:14 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By Jack-of-Hearts:
View Quote

It's been weeks without an SS thread. The poor kids were in withdrawls...

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:28:42 AM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

How is it not?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:32:10 AM EDT
[#23]

How is it not?
View Quote
Because I paid into SS and that money is in an account with my name on it.  s/  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:40:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Caeser2001] [#24]
Originally Posted By SkyFive:
My wife works at Sam's, she see's the other side, SNAP. Grocery carts full of premium food products, steaks, lobster, ribs ect.

View Quote

I worked at a grocery store near the projects in high school. That really woke me up. Two carts full of food. One full of steak, lobster, ribs, crab legs, scallops, shrimp. One full of microwaveable meals, chicken nuggets for the kids. Then the milk, juice, eggs etc paid by WIC. Then the "cash" benefits used to buy carton of cigarettes.

theworkkngmanisasucker.gif
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By manderson1911:
Boomers voting to take care of boomers while screwing everyone else and sending us the bill is completely on brand for that generation.
View Quote

Do you know what SSI is and how it is funded? Who receives SSI benefits?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:42:28 AM EDT
[#26]

How is it not?
View All Quotes

How is it not?
Always has been.  
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 10:50:48 AM EDT
[#27]
Always has been.  
View Quote

there it is.gif
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:05:03 AM EDT
[#28]
The government wants control, your vote, and your money. That's it. They don't care about you as individual. Who's money is behind these congress critters that constantly steal from us while taking our rights away?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:05:27 AM EDT
[#29]
The money Traitor Joe Biden pissed away to Ukraine could fix it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:06:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By MeatGrinder:
View Quote

Serious?
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:07:49 AM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By MeatGrinder:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:17:05 AM EDT
[#32]
I am robed of more ssa every paycheck than federal taxes.
The South was visionary in 1861. The monster they rebelled against has grown exponentially. They should get freed their slaves before Lincoln did and the war would have had more international support besides the Irish being forced into military service.
We're all on the federal plantation now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:23:18 AM EDT
[#33]
I think they'll use inflationary measures to fund it in the future (printing money).

Then we'll really be off to the races.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:50:26 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Notcalifornialegal] [#34]
Originally Posted By SuperSixOne:
I think they'll use inflationary measures to fund it in the future (printing money).

Then we'll really be off to the races.
View Quote

That's what the Chief Economist said as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:52:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
The South was visionary in 1861. The monster they rebelled against has grown exponentially. They should get freed their slaves before Lincoln did and the war would have had more international support besides the Irish being forced into military service.
View Quote
quit your job(s).

go on welfare.

problem solved, problem staying solved.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, I was planning to wait 3 more years to start getting mine.
Maybe I should start now.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:09:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 1975:
To make it “more fair and equitable”. Clown world.

Social Security Administration to expand access to benefits under major overhaul

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/IMG_4353_jpeg-3211043.JPG

The Social Security Administration is poised to bring in new rules which will make it easier for qualifying Americans to access certain benefits - and increase payments for some.

The change will apply to Supplemental Security Income (SSI), which is a means-tested program which provides monthly checks for more than 7 million disabled Americans and seniors over 65.

The new rules will expand the definition of what qualifies as a public-assistance household - the first change since 1980.

Currently, food assistance may count as unearned income for those receiving SSI, meaning their payments could be slashed or their eligibility affected.

Those that receive Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, payments, will be included in the definition of public-assistance household under the new rules which are set to go into effect on September 30.

The new policy will also expand the definition to take in households where not all members receive public assistance, which was previously a requirement.

A public-assistance household will now be defined as one with both an SSI applicant or beneficiary, as well as at least one other member who receives one or more forms of means-tested public income maintenance payments, CNBC reported.

'By simplifying our policies and including an additional program geared towards low-income families, such as the SNAP, we are removing significant barriers to accessing SSI,' Social Security Commissioner Martin O'Malley said in a statement.

'These changes promote greater equity in our programs.'

Currently, the maximum monthly SSI benefit is $943 per individual, and $1,415 for an individual and eligible spouse.

The definition of a public-assistance household has not been updated in decades, Darcy Milburn, director of Social Security and healthcare policy at non-profit The Arc, told CNBC.

'I would characterize this as just good policy and commonsense changes to update this definition,' Milburn said.

With the change, more Americans could qualify for SSI, or current beneficiaries may see higher payments.

It comes after the Social Security Administration announced earlier this week it is expected to run short on funds by 2035.

An aging population is pushing up the cost of the Social Security program as a smaller share of people are paying into it, and spending is outpacing income.

The latest annual report from the Social Security Board of Trustees found that the program will only be able to pay out full benefits for the next 11 years - which is one year later than previous estimates.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/259519/IMG_4354_jpeg-3211085.JPG

View Quote

F FDR
FJB
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:27:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By 64tinc:
View Quote

I got in trouble for disrobing myself in a SSA office.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 12:55:20 PM EDT
[#39]
All of the federal government should enrolled in SS and Medicare ,  not their own special retirement and medical plans.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 1:02:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@C3H5N3O9

Someone posted that in another thread.  Scary how stupid some people are in government.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C-4:
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
Originally Posted By BTccw:
Y'all don't get it. They don't believe they can run out of something they can create.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/253414/FlGiV9EXkAYICyv-2652850_jpg-3211065.JPG

Some of this gets really complicated.

@C3H5N3O9

Someone posted that in another thread.  Scary how stupid some people are in government.

@C-4

Yep, that thread is where I saw it.  Most people know how self serving and incompetent the people in government are at a visceral level, but to have it on display like that was a rare treat.  It’s like the time a friend of mine asked our congressman what the plan was for funding all the CV19 gibs, and totally serious, the congressman said, “We’ll just print more money.”
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:01:46 PM EDT
[#41]
ummm...was bankrupt when they first dipped into it and replaced their bullshit fiat, with IOUs of fiat on fiat....

lmao...i mean c'mon, y'all still believe this shit has money in it?
has no one learned anything since the dotcom bust, the banking failure of 08, etc etc etc....
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:01:56 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:13:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Bat15:
They are talking about SSI, supplemental security income, not Social Security. SSI is funded by the Treasury Department from general revenues not the FICA tax.

How is SSI funded

The Social Security trust fund is expected to run out in 11 years which is 2035. They have been saying 2034 or 2035  for at least the last five years.

ETA

SSI is welfare. I believe there are a lot of fake claims. Following Biden logic we should make it easier to file claims.
View Quote

No. Social Security was a forced Insurance program in case you outlived your financial preparations in old age. We have paid into it our whole lives, they owe us what we paid for.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:14:17 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By fadedsun:

We shouldn’t be funding Ukrainian pensions.

However, we’ve been funding Social security since what, 1930 when it was created?

View Quote

Who has been funding SS? It hasn’t been the government, it was FICA payroll deductions that funded it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:17:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:

No. Social Security was a forced Insurance program in case you outlived your financial preparations in old age. We have paid into it our whole lives, they owe us what we paid for.
View Quote
that money's gone, chief.

you're not getting shit.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By MADMAXXX:
Idiot Liberal talking points.
We are giving financial aid to Ukraine for all residents there in addition to giving arms for defense.
The fact that someone receiving financial aid is retired is irrelevant

View Quote

You can try and sugar-coat it and politician-splain it away, but the fact is that the Government is telling us right now that they can’t meet the agreement they made with us for SS retirement income while ther checkbook is open for every pet cause they can think of.

It’s almost like they are stealing the silverware on the way out…
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#47]
It's my money and you want it now!  Call JG Wentworth at 877-FUCKJOE
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:24:32 PM EDT
[#48]

It’s far worse than this article suggests…. We are currently directly paying the retirement payments for people in Ukraine while our own Social Security has a decade until it can’t meet its obligations.

They literally care more about retired people in Ukraine than they do you.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By byron2112:
This government sucks

It’s far worse than this article suggests…. We are currently directly paying the retirement payments for people in Ukraine while our own Social Security has a decade until it can’t meet its obligations.

They literally care more about retired people in Ukraine than they do you.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:25:00 PM EDT
[#49]

View Quote

They would have to increase FICA to 18% in order to just meet current obligations.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 3:32:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By akguy1985:
I will never see a dime of the money I have paid in to social security for the past 23 years.
View Quote

You will..... it just won't be worth anything.
Page / 6
Top Top