Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/13/2024 8:08:33 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Randainc]
Well, it looks like the investors at Adams Arms have finally pulled the plug on their law-enforcement and retail sales division. Only keeping one person to handle sales for the entire business. This is a bad sign and doesn’t look good for Adams Arms. I don’t think they’ll make it through to the new year. :/
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:34:49 AM EDT
[#1]
Unfortunately any company that has to service debt is going to be hurting bad. I wonder if this is what got them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:44:56 AM EDT
[#2]
If the company were to simply fold up and disappear, is anyone else making compatible replacement parts?  i.e. Back in, I think it was 2015 or so, I bought one of their piston driven .308 ARs.  If any of the piston-related parts fail, do I have an expensive paper weight?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 9:45:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By njl:
If the company were to simply fold up and disappear, is anyone else making compatible replacement parts?  i.e. Back in, I think it was 2015 or so, I bought one of their piston driven .308 ARs.  If any of the piston-related parts fail, do I have an expensive paper weight?
View Quote

Yeah my thoughts too. I have a 16" and an 11.5" upper from them.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:39:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Randainc] [#4]
The Biden administration pretty much put a halt to exports of firearms from the US earlier this year. And Adams Arms relied on those export for revenue. It was just another nail in the coffin. One of the investors has been calling for them to shutter the place for a couple years now. He wants to Liquidate and get some of his money back.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:05:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Kwisak] [#5]
Originally Posted By Randainc:
The Biden administration pretty much put a halt to exports of firearms from the US earlier this year. And Adams Arms relied on those export for revenue. It was just another nail in the coffin. One of the investors has been calling for them to shutter the place for a couple years now. He wants to Liquidate and get some of his money back.
View Quote

The market is saturated with Ar’s. On the low end psa is throwing out 300-400 rifles. On the higher end there are too many good options. I don’t think Adams are particularly bad, but for the money I don’t see them making it unless the market starts to pick up to Covid numbers. I also do not think drop in piston conversions are really much of a thing anymore. The move into pistols didn’t help them either. Inflation and a saturated market keeping prices low means a thinning is coming to the industry.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:29:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, it looks like the investors at Adams Arms have finally pulled the plug on their law-enforcement and retail sales division. Only keeping one person to handle sales for the entire business. This is a bad sign and doesn’t look good for Adams Arms. I don’t think they’ll make it through to the new year. :/
View Quote

Where are you getting your information?  Obviously not from a reliable source.  While it is true that we recently made changes in the model that supports law enforcement we are in no way pulling the plug on the division.  We are simply changing the antiquated methods we were utilizing and switching to another model that will allow more communication and outreach to LE.  As for retail sales, no changes have been made in that department.

Enjoy our rifles more, and spread baseless claims less.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 4:08:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I just received an upper as payment for services that has one of your piston kits installed on it.  It is the clamp on railed gas block with two position gas plug.  Can this be fitted and function on a 300 blackout?  Or do I need a kit specifically for that?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 4:28:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Baseless claims? You did not refute a single statement made in the original post. Its never a good sign when your CEO refuses to move from Tennessee down to your HQ in Florida. But hey....I guess you can prove everyone wrong when you show up at Shot 2025 right?

Originally Posted By AA_Phil:

Where are you getting your information?  Obviously not from a reliable source.  While it is true that we recently made changes in the model that supports law enforcement we are in no way pulling the plug on the division.  We are simply changing the antiquated methods we were utilizing and switching to another model that will allow more communication and outreach to LE.  As for retail sales, no changes have been made in that department.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AA_Phil:

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:01:57 PM EDT
[#10]
View Quote

if no other surfaces, I'd look at converting (back) to a DI rig, adjustable block, likely heavier buffer. we might be able to strap a PWS long-stroke onto it since i bet the port size might be comparable?
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:04:11 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

I bought one of those .308’s and it was arguably one of the worst rifles I’ve ever bought.
Page AR-15 » AR Piston Systems
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top