Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/21/2024 1:01:14 PM EDT
Tried searching a few places not a ton of info on it...

Recently bought a. Omega9K to add to my noveske space invader..

Questions i had were tuning and wear.

Just curious what to watch out for when suppressing a PCC??  

What are the wear parts? is it ejectors or the bolt itself?

Does it need to be tuned? i imagine no but i just want to be sure.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:20:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Smurgeon] [#1]
Watch the ejector and extractor.  BCG is a heavy chunk of steel and likely won't give you issues. No real "tuning" other than putting in a heavier buffer.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:30:00 PM EDT
[#2]
You'll know if you need to swap the buffer or spring depending on how it cycles, bolt hold open on empty mag, etc.  If it runs fine after you mount the can you are good.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:26:45 PM EDT
[#3]
sweet thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 2:43:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Underaid702:
sweet thanks guys
View Quote

FYI I experimented with many buffers and springs tweaking full auto rpm and recoil impulse to get a good working combo for several caliber uppers.  An AR10 hydraulic buffer and a plain round wire carbine spring works for all my uppers, suppressed or not.
RRA 4.5" 5.56 / Spikes Barking Spider & Dynacomp Cap. 750 RPM

Point and shoot, no sights.  :)
RRA 4.5" upper full auto test, Deflector Brake.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:19:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By HDSledge:

FYI I experimented with many buffers and springs tweaking full auto rpm and recoil impulse to get a good working combo for several caliber uppers.  An AR10 hydraulic buffer and a plain round wire carbine spring works for all my uppers, suppressed or not.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gau__8fJEu4
Point and shoot, no sights.  :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5MdCk5Yxsto
View Quote

Ill keep that in mind for the 2nd PCC ill put together.

The one i have now has a proprietary bolt and buffer system
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:30:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 10:28:25 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Underaid702:
Tried searching a few places not a ton of info on it...

Recently bought a. Omega9K to add to my noveske space invader..

Questions i had were tuning and wear.

Just curious what to watch out for when suppressing a PCC??  

What are the wear parts? is it ejectors or the bolt itself?

Does it need to be tuned? i imagine no but i just want to be sure.

View Quote
Don’t worry too much about wear. If it uses a 5.56 length buffer with no spacer, the bolt catch may eventually break, or beat up its spot in the lower. But a stack of quarters, a spacer, or a 9mm-specific or A5 buffer will solve that. You may end up with one for tuning with your silencer, anyway. The cheapest solution with tuning function would be a stainless steel spacer between the bolt and buffer, if it has a 5.56-length buffer.

The bolt itself is very difficult to wear out or break.

It may run reliably with the can without tuning. Adding reciprocating mass will reduce port pop to a degree, if needed. Straight blowback guns are sensitive to backpressure.

On the topic of tuning, stay away from internal trilug adapters, such as Silencerco’s.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 3:01:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HDSledge] [#8]
Originally Posted By Quintin:
I can't speak for the Space Invader, I'm sure it's probably fine.  But my experience with the 9mm AR, I was worried (probably unnecessarily) of the bolt stop breaking.  Those things use a very heavy bolt and buffer.
View Quote

My 9mm upper is the CMMG Banshee that uses a radial delayed blowback design.  Not your typical 9mm upper.  The RDB system makes a huge difference and yields a softer recoil impulse.  The Banshee was my first 9mm upper and I can run it with the same buffer/spring I have installed for .300BLK.5.56.  Would probably not be able to run the usual 9mm upper without a buffer change but I have never tried it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 10:03:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 1168RGR:
Don’t worry too much about wear. If it uses a 5.56 length buffer with no spacer, the bolt catch may eventually break, or beat up its spot in the lower. But a stack of quarters, a spacer, or a 9mm-specific or A5 buffer will solve that. You may end up with one for tuning with your silencer, anyway. The cheapest solution with tuning function would be a stainless steel spacer between the bolt and buffer, if it has a 5.56-length buffer.

The bolt itself is very difficult to wear out or break.

It may run reliably with the can without tuning. Adding reciprocating mass will reduce port pop to a degree, if needed. Straight blowback guns are sensitive to backpressure.

On the topic of tuning, stay away from internal trilug adapters, such as Silencerco’s.
View Quote

What's the reason to stay away from internal trilugs?
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 7:58:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Weasel_Master:

What's the reason to stay away from internal trilugs?
View Quote
Takes up a ton of blast chamber space. Seemed to make my O45k louder from the shooter and the observer perspective, and might have increased backpressure. I switched to a Griffin taper.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top