Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 9:13:09 PM EDT
Posted in the archery forum but zero traffic.

Bought one at the RMEF dinner and gonna get fitted so I can order it tomorrow. Anyone shooting one? What are your thoughts?

I’m gonna add the Mathew’s sights and a Mathew’s compatible rest. What rest are you guys using? I’m still shooting a whisker biscuit.

Gonna be interesting to shoot a new bow after rocking my creed for 11ish years.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:15:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bronsonburner] [#1]
Can't help with the "matthews" part.  I'm a PSE guy lol.  I think for a rest I'd look at Hamskea though.  I shoot a Trinity Hunter.  Good stuff made in USA.

ETA I would also direct you to Archerytalk.  It's the "Arfcom" of archery.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:17:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Bronsonburner:
Can't help with the "matthews" part.  I'm a PSE guy lol.  I think for a rest I'd look at Hamskea though.  I shoot a Trinity Hunter.  Good stuff made in USA.
View Quote

I used to be a pse guy even had a custom shop bow early 2000ish but when I bought my first Mathew’s pse was kind of shitting the bed.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:18:17 PM EDT
[#3]

ETA I would also direct you to Archerytalk.  It's the "Arfcom" of archery.
View Quote

I was looking at hamskea rests and liked them.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:19:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By bondryan:

I used to be a pse guy even had a custom shop bow early 2000ish but when I bought my first Mathew’s pse was kind of shitting the bed.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They still make good stuff.  Glad I missed out on their crap years.  As I said, go check out Archerytalk.  It's a fun site with TONS of traffic.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:20:59 PM EDT
[#5]

They still make good stuff.  Glad I missed out on their crap years.  As I said, go check out Archerytalk.  It's a fun site with TONS of traffic.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I have an account there can’t remember user name probably same as here. I was looking to build a warf a few years ago and may still. Have my dads ancient Polaris riser.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:25:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Zak406] [#6]
Haven’t shot one but I wish it was out when I bought my rx7. The weight for the cost of an aluminum bow would have sold me

Only thing I dislike about mathews is the draw cycle.  If they could fix that I’d be sold for sure.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:35:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Good shops in archery are everything.  One thing that has always puzzled me with guns/archery:

A gun shop is mostly patronized with people that think they know it all and just buy whatever they "think" they might need.  

A (good) archery shop has staff that are dedicated to actually helping people get the best out of their hobby/sport.  I embarked on my archery journey during the covid madness with a cheap recurve, and eventually decided I might actually like to hit what I was aiming at lol.  Bought a "package" POS compound setup from Ass Pro and spent a few months frustrating myself.  

Decided to get a "good" bow and went to a real shop.  I was dead set on a particular make/model (Bowtech).  The dude running the show saw me for what I was (a clueless newb) and spent an entire afternoon, several hours, letting me try bows.  All the while teaching me.  Best experience I could ever ask for, and he never even once looked like I was being a pain in the ass lol.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:40:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Still sporting 25 yr old Q2.  Sorry.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:42:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Good shops in archery are everything.  One thing that has always puzzled me with guns/archery:

A gun shop is mostly patronized with people that think they know it all and just buy whatever they "think" they might need.  

A (good) archery shop has staff that are dedicated to actually helping people get the best out of their hobby/sport.  I embarked on my archery journey during the covid madness with a cheap recurve, and eventually decided I might actually like to hit what I was aiming at lol.  Bought a "package" POS compound setup from Ass Pro and spent a few months frustrating myself.  

Decided to get a "good" bow and went to a real shop.  I was dead set on a particular make/model (Bowtech).  The dude running the show saw me for what I was (a clueless newb) and spent an entire afternoon, several hours, letting me try bows.  All the while teaching me.  Best experience I could ever ask for, and he never even once looked like I was being a pain in the ass lol.
View Quote

I have a shop I’m working with. Need to get draw length figured out and then set my weight. I have to order the bow from Mathew’s and then take it into the shop and paper tune it to my arrows. I’ve never paper tuned one so maybe it will shrink my groups. I’m currently shooting 6-8” groups at 50 yards.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:24:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Picked mine up tonight after ordering back a week after launch.

I have a 31.5 vxr and a 33 phase 4. 29.5” lift definitely feels shorter.

Smooth and fast otherwise. I bounced off the back wall a few times when getting peep set tonight which isn’t normal for me but probably just due to me being rusty.

Mathew’s low profile 2 piece quiver
Qad ultrarest mx2
Dialed arxos void site
Mathew’s 10” stabilizer
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:28:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1bamashooter] [#11]
Shot a friend's I liked it but I haven't owned anything besides Matthew's since a SQ2 plus I like a short bow
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#12]
My creed is only 30” and before that I was shooting a custom shop bow based on the baby g riser so I’m used to short bows.

It’s interesting that the lift is t really any lighter or shorter then my creed in any measurable meaningful way but it is quite a bit faster. I have a short draw length so I never get blazing speed but a little more will be nice.
Top Top