Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/21/2024 9:19:46 PM EDT
1. They exist to protect those in power in the company or govt. agency.  They are not there to help you.  

2.  They will find a 1/2 dozen policies that you violated with a single action.

3.  When they schedule a ''meeting'' with you, they have already decided your fate.  You don't get to present you side of it or challenge the narrative.  You are guilty when they decide you are.  

They are the Stasi, KGB and NKVD all rolled into one.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
details man...
details.

don't let us fall into any traps.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:23:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Op, i think its possible your post doesnt portray you in the positive light you think it does.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:24:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#3]
75% of policy exists in a given corporation or governmental organization for two purposes.

1) to justify the existence of the policymakers
2) to be routinely ignored during the course of daily duties, and for such a thing to become common and accepted practice and possibly very nearly necessary for efficiency, but for those deviations from policy to be used as the justification for disciplinary action when something is unpopular or when someone needs to be cockblocked from a promotion by temporarily placing them in an investigative status

The remaining 25% of it actually probably is needed.

And HR exists to protect the organization and administration first and foremost. Any idea that they would assist you in any way that is contrary to that directive unless the alternative was immediate and obvious legal action against the organization is unfounded.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:27:15 PM EDT
[#4]
HR managers are all whores.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:29:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I reported unsafe working conditions last year to HR. Filed a complaint on a manager for forcing employees she was known to not like to do said work. Who did HR side with? Yeah, fuck 'em

Said to the heck with it, had my doctor write me a two week off note for stress. HR said I had to file for state disability, and couldn't return to work unless I got another doctor's note saying I was cleared to return to work because their policy said "may require disability paperwork" if a medical leave is more than two days. The retard HR extension company that handled the disability sent the medical records request to random fax numbers apparently, so I wasn't allowed to return to work for weeks because I couldn't get their desired clearance.. then HR threatened to fire me because I we didn't give them another doctor note for the time off that was consequential to the entire leave request

TL/DR HR generalists and their ilk can eat a family sized bag of scrotum sacks.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:33:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Our HR guy is great.
Random sample of 1.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:35:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:53:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By UTCenturion:
Op, i think its possible your post doesnt portray you in the positive light you think it does.
View Quote
The city, lead by HR, chose to violate black letter law.  I won the lawsuit.  My first run in with them.

This is a general observation.

Yes I did get a letter for forgetting an insignificant piece of PPE.  A guy with the 'tism got focused on me, not the first time so I keep an eye on him.  I was able to document multiple far more significant violations.  I gave them to the chief.  I know he got his a$$ chewed.  I'm pushing for him to get a letter too.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Echd:
75% of policy exists in a given corporation or governmental organization for two purposes.

1) to justify the existence of the policymakers
2) to be routinely ignored during the course of daily duties, and for such a thing to become common and accepted practice and possibly very nearly necessary for efficiency, but for those deviations from policy to be used as the justification for disciplinary action when something is unpopular or when someone needs to be cockblocked from a promotion by temporarily placing them in an investigative status

The remaining 25% of it actually probably is needed.

And HR exists to protect the organization and administration first and foremost. Any idea that they would assist you in any way that is contrary to that directive unless the alternative was immediate and obvious legal action against the organization is unfounded.
View Quote
Lot of truth there.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 9:58:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By OKnativeson:
details man...
details.

don't let us fall into any traps.
View Quote
Wear PPE.

Document when leadership willfully and continually does not.

Keep documentation.

File official complaint about being singled out and harassed by said leadership.  Include said documentation.  

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve found Human Resources to be neither human nor resourceful.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:07:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Karens.

Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Yup. HR does NOT have a role to support employees in any way. If management lies, HR doesn't care. Even if you can prove they lied, HR isn't there to smack down management.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:09:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Torqued:
View Quote

HR is to the corporation what the Gestapo was to the Nazi Party.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:18:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Arty8] [#15]
Super HR is who I worry about.

Family Guy - HR and "Super HR"
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:18:55 PM EDT
[#16]
HR exists solely to back management................and the whole "ethics violations reporting" mechanism is to see who management can target for whatever reason they see fit

They never have been and never will be in your corner
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:31:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Kihn:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've found Human Resources to be neither human nor resourceful.

Enforcers.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I've never heard of an individual dealing with HR and having it turn out in their favor.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:00:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MeanTime] [#19]
HR is an unstoppable beast, normally in collusion with the top echelon of executives to effect some "protection" somewhere. In my experience, HR is even worse to middle-management than to staff. They will demand that MM perform various functions to hold staff accountable that make life miserable for all. In the old days, you'd simply fire the fucker, walk them out, and move on. Come to think of it, let's blame lawyers, attorneys, barristers, et al.

ETA: My youngest thought "HR" sounded cool until they took a college course HR 101. Now, they understand when Dad says HR is from another universe.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:03:31 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By cyclone:
HR exists solely to back management................and the whole "ethics violations reporting" mechanism is to see who management can target for whatever reason they see fit

They never have been and never will be in your corner
View Quote

+1

You young whippersnappers better believe this....
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:04:36 PM EDT
[#21]
My job has 10 employees.

HR is not one, thank God.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
People that complain about others in a manner that affects their livelihood need to be culled from society.

Mind your own goddamn business.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

They Resource Humans and that’s all they do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 11:58:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JohhnyCobra] [#24]
I’m usually overall an HR basher BUT

I spent some time talking to Hr folks for companies other than mine.
The level of stupid they deal with is unreal.

It actually reminds me of my 4 year teaching adventure-
10% of the class could teach the class
40% is there to learn and is capable
40% is there because they have to be and is capable if motivated
10% belong in prison

So many employees
Get high and come to work
Beat each other up randomly (including managers)
Steal
Use all of their sick and pto in the first four months of the year
Can’t seem to show up on time for shift work
Don’t understand ethics

So HR sucks; about like cops and teachers suck.
The silent majority never have a problem, some complaints are legit and there are a LOT of fucked up employees
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:03:44 AM EDT
[#25]
My HR person is actually helpful and a nice person.  I’m glad I work for a good company.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:04:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Remember when those organizations used to be called "Personnel"?  As in you are a person?

Now you are a "human resource" - i.e. you are a commodity.  Thier job is to protect the company, not the employees.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:06:38 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Echd] [#27]
Originally Posted By JohhnyCobra:

10% belong in prison

So many employees
Steal
Don’t understand ethics

The silent majority never have a problem, some complaints are legit and there are a LOT of fucked up employees
View Quote

Depending on the industry you're talking, where it may be factory workers literally hired en masse or from a staffing agency, or other unskilled workers, sure.

But from a professional or office setting, a lot of it can also be blamed on HR, who often are the reason some of the total clownshoes idiots even get an interview in the first place. You can't always see it of course. But some train wrecks have a lot of red flags.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 1:14:04 AM EDT
[#28]
HR People are the Absolute most Unqualified in any Organization I've been a part of.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:21:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#29]
Originally Posted By firedog51d:
Enforcers.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
I've found Human Resources to be neither human nor resourceful.

Enforcers.

Party line conformity.
Reward compliance (exceptionally so for the favored. the beknighted are spared the usual 'discomforts'- momentarily).
Punish resistance.

The rules, procedures, and protocols are amazingly flexible (in the moment), subject to revision at any time (or a sudden return to the need for enforcement of the original, documented ones despite the insisted-upon revision previously heralded as correct and 'right'- after the shit blew up in someone's face).

But doing what you are told is unassailable. Even if it is highly illegal.
Resistance is futile.

They are the Gleichschaltung enforcers for the corporate world.
This is how you got CRT compliance and 'unofficial' work hiring quotas, essentially, in the workplace.

Gleichschaltung
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:25:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Only 24% of HR people in America are male.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:26:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#31]
Originally Posted By JohhnyCobra:

10% belong in prison

So many employees
Steal
Don’t understand ethics

View Quote

I'm going with 40% of HR belongs in prison (if employment laws were actually enforced). Their job is to cover for upper and middle management when they regularly transgress the laws or an employee's rights. HR is a mob of Karens directed to action by upper management. THey instruct middle management on what they are to do. The middlemen between upper and lower management. HR has an elephant's memory. Never forgets.

Crazy HR Lady Looses It Over Freedom Fighters

This woman was an HR lady in a rather large org. She got fired when the youtube came back to management. Apparently for letting the 'secret' out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:29:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Kihn] [#32]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:
Only 24% of HR people in America are male.
View Quote

Those would be the HR department managers, the admin hires to keep the Karens from losing their shit in the payback and trying to keep it between the lines as to their job description and responsibilities. They are expendable as well. Scapegoats.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#33]
HR has replaced Purchasing as the most hated department on campus.  I never thought I'd live to see that day.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#34]
HR serves a very useful purpose.  For the average person who is only on the individual contributor level you probably do not see to much from them other than policy mandates and maybe if your in trouble for something.

But overall for the company they are dealing with a whole lot of stupid and yes they are their to protect the company.   Sexual harassment, firing people for legitimate cause, theft, all kinds of stuff.  Without properly following those policies would open companies up to even more lawsuits than they already have.

They are a necessary evil.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:35:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Imagine being dumb enough to actually believe that Marissa in HR, the chubby woman with glasses, 3 grandkids & that loves to bake is the same as organizations responsible for the torture & deaths of millions.

Seriously.

OP if this was a joke, it wasn’t funny. If it is serious, seek help.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:43:24 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Cristo11:
Imagine being dumb enough to actually believe that Marissa in HR, the chubby woman with glasses, 3 grandkids & that loves to bake is the same as organizations responsible for the torture & deaths of millions.

Seriously.

OP if this was a joke, it wasn't funny. If it is serious, seek help.
View Quote
Found the HR director.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:43:31 AM EDT
[#37]
HR is the debil. Folks think they are on the employee's side until they are not. When that happens you may as well find a new job. If you survive you will always wear the mark.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:46:48 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:51:28 AM EDT
[#39]
My second daughter was about to be born and the expected due date was a very busy time of year at work.  I was the only guy in an all female team so they freaked out so I had to go to the department head (also female) to get permission to be off work when my daughter was born.  She was pregnant also and would be on maternity leave during that time (oh the irony) so she said she encouraged me to be off.  So I asked to be off the day my daughter was born and then had to pick a week that I could spend with her (3 months into the future) so I picked the week of my SIL's wedding because I knew that somebody would be needing to care for my infant child.

Fast forward a couple of months, my daughter is born on a Friday afternoon so I don't go back until Monday and then work 7 day weeks for an entire month, not being able to spend time with my child.  So the week before I take my week off (vacation pay but under protections of FMLA), I am called into my HR department and the lady told me that I'm not allowed to take that week off because I was using my time off as an excuse for a vacation.  She said FMLA didn't apply to me because I was a man and I had split the time from birth to week I had requested (my daughter was born early).  I told her to contact legal and went back to my desk, printed off the email giving me permission to take off, and went home.

Next day I'm contacted that I could take off.  This company bragged how much they encouraged working mothers but neglected to mention how the male coworkers had to take up slack when they were doing reduced duties.  The lady that threw a fit that I took off work later took off a few months since her husband had surgery and her entire time off was paid.  The other female then realized how poorly they and the company treated me.  

I quit a few months later.

TLDR - Screw EY.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:54:04 AM EDT
[#40]
Found the HR director.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:57:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By Tboy:
My second daughter was about to be born and the expected due date was a very busy time of year at work.  I was the only guy in an all female team so they freaked out so I had to go to the department head (also female) to get permission to be off work when my daughter was born.  She was pregnant also and would be on maternity leave during that time (oh the irony) so she said she encouraged me to be off.  So I asked to be off the day my daughter was born and then had to pick a week that I could spend with her (3 months into the future) so I picked the week of my SIL's wedding because I knew that somebody would be needing to care for my infant child.

Fast forward a couple of months, my daughter is born on a Friday afternoon so I don't go back until Monday and then work 7 day weeks for an entire month, not being able to spend time with my child.  So the week before I take my week off (vacation pay but under protections of FMLA), I am called into my HR department and the lady told me that I'm not allowed to take that week off because I was using my time off as an excuse for a vacation.  She said FMLA didn't apply to me because I was a man and I had split the time from birth to week I had requested (my daughter was born early).  I told her to contact legal and went back to my desk, printed off the email giving me permission to take off, and went home.

Next day I'm contacted that I could take off.  This company bragged how much they encouraged working mothers but neglected to mention how the male coworkers had to take up slack when they were doing reduced duties.  The lady that threw a fit that I took off work later took off a few months since her husband had surgery and her entire time off was paid.  The other female then realized how poorly they and the company treated me.  

I quit a few months later.

TLDR - Screw EY.
View Quote

Somebody has to get the work done.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:59:03 AM EDT
[#42]
Any bureaucracy you care to mention has learned that they can violate the rules against, and they can tell you to take them to court.  So, the only things that go to court are those for which there is a big enough pay off for the complainant.  And those are pretty rare.  The process is the punishment.  This country has no set of moral values anymore so anyone can do anything they want and not risk getting punished.  Welcome to hell.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 11:59:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Party line conformity.
Reward compliance (exceptionally so for the favored. the beknighted are spared the usual 'discomforts'- momentarily).
Punish resistance.

The rules, procedures, and protocols are amazingly flexible (in the moment), subject to revision at any time (or a sudden return to the need for enforcement of the original, documented ones despite the insisted-upon revision previously heralded as correct and 'right'- after the shit blew up in someone's face).

But doing what you are told is unassailable. Even if it is highly illegal.
Resistance is futile.

They are the Gleichschaltung enforcers for the corporate world.
This is how you got CRT compliance and 'unofficial' work hiring quotas, essentially, in the workplace.

Gleichschaltung
View Quote
I would say we work at the same place.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#44]
You never win against hr and they are never in your corner

They will make it their life to put you on the street because that's significantly easier than assisting you or dealing with you....just easier to hire someone new
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:03:30 PM EDT
[#45]
I filed a sexual harassment complaint against the HR Manager at my previous company.

Less than two years later, in retaliation, she terminated me while on FMLA leave. She lied on the termination letter claiming I was never cleared to return to work, even though she was on the conference call with my doctor where I was cleared to return to work.

My mother owns a Court-Reporting agency with dozens of lawyers at her fingertips. One of her favorites is a civil-rights attorney who’d just won her first case before the Supreme Court. She made a couple of phone calls before calling me back to say, “She’s a bitch”. I gave her the company owner’s personal cell phone numbers and that shit got resolved fast. For the next ten years, any time I was in the corporate HQ (usually only 2-3 times/year) she was ordered to leave the building.

She’s such a cunt, that one of my friends was in the office during a layoff and he said to her, “You must hate days like this”. She responded, “These are the days I love the most”.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:04:06 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Primecube:
HR People are the Absolute most Unqualified in any Organization I've been a part of.
View Quote

Almost always, and it seems to be a way for un/underqualified people to get into positions of power over people whose jobs they know nothing about and then they hire their friends/family/fellow church members and wreck companies.  A good HR person can be worth their weight in gold, but they're practically unicorns in my experience.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#47]
We call them INHUMAN resources for a reason
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:07:11 PM EDT
[#48]
When I went to complain (I was actually naive enough to believe in doing right) I was told by the HR lady that the policies apply differently to different employees.  FUCK OFF

Now I just keep my head down because I have four more years and I am out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:13:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NorthPolar] [#49]
Yup. Got roadhauled by them yesterday,  not by choice. Was given a ‘give all my medical info to my supervisor and have a job, or get fired’ choice.   I’m a government dispatcher but they’re hitting me with transport driver policies.

Guess I’m job hunting.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 12:14:13 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Admiral_Crunch:
My HR person is actually helpful and a nice person.  I’m glad I work for a good company.
View Quote
Personally, I think it is the person and not the company, I have worked many years in the privated corporate environment, and have some good ones, and some not so good, it just depends.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top