[Last Edit: Jack_Rackham] [#1]
The Genetic Arms Race | How CRISPR and AI Destroy the World

Starting up
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good show. Watched it twice!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 3:31:29 PM EDT
[#3]
This is a bit of a new direction, science fiction mixed in with tech trends. I liked it. AJ seemed to be having fun too.  Made for a great show.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 3:06:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, great episode!

I even learned something:

even though I was big into the Greek myths as a kid, I never knew hope remained in Pandora's box.

Cool!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:06:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#5]
I watched Gattaca and thought it was uncomfortably close. Welp...

Worth a watch if you enjoyed latest episode - same premise.

GATTACA (1997) - First 10 Minutes
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 3:12:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#6]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I always liked the premise of Gattaca but hated the movie.

Last episode was alright, I honestly got bored in the fan fiction parts but the parts where he talked out present day issues was interesting.  

I’m glad hecklefish has shut the fuck up, he was getting pretty bad.   Hes much better in short well delivered doses
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 10:22:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: macman37] [#8]
I love TWF… but I am not really a fan of this sci fi stuff. I just want to learn about mysterious things, not hear his radio opera telling of them.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 5:45:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Deep Dive 548

Picture a future where your mind can live forever, uploaded to a digital universe. As scientists race to map the brain and tech giants vie to connect minds with machines, the promise of immortality beckons.

But at what cost? Uncover the astonishing breakthroughs and grapple with the profound implications as the boundaries between human and artificial blur. Would you sacrifice your physical body for a shot at eternity in the cloud?

Today we explore the cutting-edge science, the startling realities, and the mind-bending possibilities that await us on the horizon of consciousness uploading. Get ready to question everything you thought you knew about life, death, and what it means to be human.
View Quote

https://open.spotify.com/episode/5hABmdU9PFipOWQzpdImrl
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 6:07:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By anothermisanthrope:
Deep Dive 548
View Quote

The Trouble with Transporters

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By macman37:
I love TWF… but I am not really a fan of this sci fi stuff. I just want to learn about mysterious things, not hear his radio opera telling of them.
View Quote

I think some people will enjoy it but I was pretty bored with the future scifi stuff and it is by far my favorite genre to read.  I never do other things when watching TWF but I was cruising my phone every time he went into the future story stuff

I’m not gonna bitch too much, when he was talking about thinks that really happened it was full of good content and overall these past few episodes have been much better.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:06:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Deep Dive 548

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQHBAdShgYI

Enjoyed that. For the record: Broccoli was right - no way I'd get on one of those things. And the more you consider the sleep thing the worse it gets. And we do it every night, on purpose.

7 years to swap out all replaceable cells. Why not a moment instead? Fun to think about.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 2:23:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 5:06:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick] [#14]
Originally Posted By brass:
Nothing this week?
View Quote
They musta finally vanned him
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:09:30 AM EDT
[#15]
Nothing this week?

View Quote

Aj finished filming yesterday, now it's being edited. Should be finished Mon or Tues
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:20:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#16]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:10:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Just finished the Dark Pyramid show. That’s classic Why Files.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 12:38:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Been binge watching this as background noise in the office.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 5:47:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: anothermisanthrope] [#19]
Subliminal Warfare | Mind Control and Invisible Influence
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 11:23:35 PM EDT
[#20]
That was an excellent episode, and well worth the wait! Hecklefish is back on point, just enough to make me chuckle without being obnoxious.

Unless they're subliminally manipulating me!
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 12:01:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Last few episodes have been on point, except for maybe the AI future TRACER episode, the was so so
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:09:56 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to think about that episode every time I hear a seat-belt or DUI commercial from NTSB or similar from now on. The ones that are so pointless.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 1:57:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#23]
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 7:09:56 PM EDT
[#24]
Just ordered my Lizzid Peeple mug
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 4:47:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Latest deep dive:

Did Adolf Hitler really perish in a Berlin bunker, or did the notorious dictator escape to Argentina, evading the Allies and living out his days in secret? Uncover the compelling evidence and hidden histories that fuel the enduring legend of Hitler's survival, even decades after the war's end.

A journey into the shadows of history, where the line between fact and fiction blurs, and the fate of one of the world's most notorious figures hangs in the balance.

Did the world's most infamous dictator really meet his end in a Berlin bunker? Or did Adolf Hitler escape to the shores of Argentina, evading the Allies and living out his days in secret?

Uncover the compelling evidence and eyewitness accounts that suggest Hitler may have fled Germany, making his way to South America with the help of Nazi sympathizers.

Explore the intricate web of escape routes, known as "Ratlines," that enabled high-ranking Nazis to flee Europe in the final days of the war.

Dive into the mysterious sightings, hidden hideaways, and clandestine operations that fuel the enduring legend of Hitler's survival, even decades after the war's end.

Unravel the truth behind the conflicting reports and the Russian cover-up that cast doubt on the official narrative of Hitler's demise.

Prepare to be captivated by a journey into the shadows of history, where the line between fact and fiction blurs, and the fate of one of the world's most notorious figures hangs in the balance.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Did Adolf Hitler really perish in a Berlin bunker, or did the notorious dictator escape to Argentina, evading the Allies and living out his days in secret? Uncover the compelling evidence and hidden histories that fuel the enduring legend of Hitler's survival, even decades after the war's end.

A journey into the shadows of history, where the line between fact and fiction blurs, and the fate of one of the world's most notorious figures hangs in the balance.

Did the world's most infamous dictator really meet his end in a Berlin bunker? Or did Adolf Hitler escape to the shores of Argentina, evading the Allies and living out his days in secret?

Uncover the compelling evidence and eyewitness accounts that suggest Hitler may have fled Germany, making his way to South America with the help of Nazi sympathizers.

Explore the intricate web of escape routes, known as "Ratlines," that enabled high-ranking Nazis to flee Europe in the final days of the war.

Dive into the mysterious sightings, hidden hideaways, and clandestine operations that fuel the enduring legend of Hitler's survival, even decades after the war's end.

Unravel the truth behind the conflicting reports and the Russian cover-up that cast doubt on the official narrative of Hitler's demise.

Prepare to be captivated by a journey into the shadows of history, where the line between fact and fiction blurs, and the fate of one of the world's most notorious figures hangs in the balance.

https://audioboom.com/posts/8511569-deep-dive-hunting-the-fuhrer-investigating-the-rumors-of-adolf-hitler-s-survival

I'm going to think about that episode every time I hear a seat-belt or DUI commercial from NTSB or similar from now on. The ones that are so pointless.

It's more likely targeted toward sitcom target groups and moreso on audio / videos you stream while logged in to be more specific since it knows your exact profile and what to 'tune' (no matter the video content/topic).

If I was big tech, and I had a goal, the tools, and all that control to fine tune everything to the user level, that's how I'd do it.

We're probably both right - scary to think about targeting available now. I wonder what is injected into WF episodes.

Link Posted: 5/30/2024 10:02:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Giants of Malta | Evidence the Ancient Builders are Hiding Underground
Link Posted: Yesterday 1:04:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Page / 21
Next Page Arrow Left
The Why Files (Page 21 of 21)
Top Top