Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 4/29/2024 2:49:08 PM EDT
Not the ones you play all the time.  I mean a vacation course or one of your must-plays.

Mine are…
Caledonia
True Blue
Tobacco Road
Tot Hill Farm
The Judge at Capitol Hill

What are yours?
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 3:31:13 PM EDT
[#1]
First post ever in the golf forum:

Caledonia is my favorite golf course. My dad took me there when I was in high school. It left a lasting impression.

I will be down that direction in late June with the family. The thought never crossed my mind to play there……..until now.
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 5:19:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: optimator] [#2]
Bandon Dunes

Pacific Dunes

Florence Golf Links

Emerald Valley (Oregon Ducks home course)

Bar Run

Mt. Shasta resort

I’ve played all these except for Pacific Dunes & Bar Run. I’m pretty excited for those two.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 8:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Probably do Caledonia this year in Myrtle. Any other recommendations down there? Also a course in MD called Renditions I want to play.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:55:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quivera at Cabo San Lucas - retirement party for one of my friends.

Donald Ross Course at French Lick - may play the Pete Dye Course at French Lick - $400 a round is a bit expensive

Brickyard Crossing in Indianapolis (it has a few holes inside the Indy 500 racetrack).

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:02:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DrRemulak:
Probably do Caledonia this year in Myrtle. Any other recommendations down there? Also a course in MD called Renditions I want to play.
View Quote

If you're going to do Caledonia, hit True Blue right across the street.  They share a driving range.  Both Mike Strantz designs.

Man O War was a fun course.  Water on every hole (not all is in play), an island green.  I enjoyed it.  

Thistle is one my co-workers really like.

The Pearl up in Calabash looks interesting if you don't mind a 45-minute drive from Myrtle Beach.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 11:04:40 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By jarnock:
Quivera at Cabo San Lucas - retirement party for one of my friends.

Donald Ross Course at French Lick - may play the Pete Dye Course at French Lick - $400 a round is a bit expensive

Brickyard Crossing in Indianapolis (it has a few holes inside the Indy 500 racetrack).

View Quote

Brickyard is one I'm considering.  The wife and kid will be out of town for a couple weeks in June and I could make a 3 day trip of it.  

Isn't French Lick super long?  I've also heard the greens can be very quick.  Choose your tee box carefully from what I understand.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:30:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:05:27 PM EDT
[#8]
The 2 local courses I look forward to playing every summer are Wekopa and Quintero. They just cost too much the rest of the year.

I play TPC Scottsdale once a year. It’s a very average course with 4 fantastic finishing holes.

The course I want to play most this year is the state amateur at Phoenix Country Club. It will require a top 20 in the state mid-am since I shit the bed in the regular qualifier.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:03:05 PM EDT
[#9]
We're going to do Giant's Ridge and The Quarry in northern MN this fall for guys weekend.  

Should be fun.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 2:33:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By baxt3r:

Brickyard is one I'm considering.  The wife and kid will be out of town for a couple weeks in June and I could make a 3 day trip of it.  

Isn't French Lick super long?  I've also heard the greens can be very quick.  Choose your tee box carefully from what I understand.
View Quote

Just looked them up - Pete Dye course is 6100 from the whites, Donald Ross is 6517 from the "Ross" tees, 7000 from the Gold tees and 5981 from the "regulation" tees.

I like to play 6000, so I'll play from those tees.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top