User Panel

Wife being lazy (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:26:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ar15-joe:
Congrats!
I hope all is going well for Mom and baby.
View Quote

Thank you! All smooth sailing for now. All according to plan.

Wife's complaining and groaning a lot, but I'm doing fine
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:28:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Attachment Attached File

Futon ain't half bad. I might get a nap in, if this horrible groaning in the room would knock it off.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
OP ...thanks for sharing. All your buds here are 'pushing' for a safe delivery!  

Remember

Only a woman that has delivered without an epidural can possibly understand the pain and suffering us guys go through when we have the FLU!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:40:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Kodan:
OP ...thanks for sharing. All your buds here are 'pushing' for a safe delivery!  

Remember

Only a woman that has delivered without an epidural can possibly understand the pain and suffering us guys go through when we have the FLU!
View Quote

Lmao, when the nurse asked if she was getting an epidural, my wife's exact words were "hell no, I'm no pussy"

Even I was like DAYUM, ALRIGHT!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:42:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By SavedByTheBlood:
Congrats op. Wait till you get food poisoning from the hospital food and puke your guts out in the recovery room like I did with our last kid.
View Quote

Holy Christ, this exact scenario happened to me with our first kid. I was puking and shitting my guts out every 15 minutes the entire time my poor wife was dealing with a new baby who didn't want to eat. The medical staff offered me no help whatsoever and I was so weak I could barely stand up.

Oh by the way OP, how about posting some sexy pregnant wife pics, huh?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: piccolo] [#6]
You're supposed to boil water.

A couple months before my baby sister was born Dad and I were watching an old western on a rainy Saturday afternoon. In the middle of the Indian attack a woman was having a baby and they had the husband boil water.

I asked my dad why they did that and he said to keep him from being a pain in the ass and get him away from the womanfolk who knew what they were doing.

I guess it stuck with him because when he brought mom to the hospital be brought a hot plate and a big pot and sat in the expectant father's waiting room (which was a cloud of cigarette smoke) and boiled water while my mom had my baby sister.

As you have figured sarcasm runs in my family.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:48:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By DaveyDug:

Holy Christ, this exact scenario happened to me with our first kid. I was puking and shitting my guts out every 15 minutes the entire time my poor wife was dealing with a new baby who didn't want to eat. The medical staff offered me no help whatsoever and I was so weak I could barely stand up.

View Quote

Holy shit man, I had food poisoning about a year ago, I seriously thought I was going to die. Fortunately, my throne and shower are close enough so that I could puke into the shower whilst shitting my intestines out.

Attachment Attached File

Taken 1 day ago.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:48:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Congratulations
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:51:42 PM EDT
[#9]
How lazy can a bi*ch be. Push that fun sucker out and fix some lunch!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

Holy shit man, I had food poisoning about a year ago, I seriously thought I was going to die. Fortunately, my throne and shower are close enough so that I could puke into the shower whilst shitting my intestines out.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004712_jpg-3216693.JPG

Taken 1 day ago.
View Quote

Wait, your wife was on an ATV one day prior to giving birth? That's pretty badass.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:01:16 PM EDT
[#11]

Wait, your wife was on an ATV one day prior to giving birth? That's pretty badass.
View Quote

Yup checking the back 40, the chickens, and the prairie dog villa I've been exterminating over the last week or so.

All with my 2yo on board.

She's a tough cookie.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:14:59 PM EDT
[#12]

View Quote

Yeah man I could feel it wanting to come out the bottom end and went down stairs to blow up the lobby bathroom. As soon as i get in the stall my wife calls and says I need to get back asap. So I go running back up stairs and the whole delivery team is there waiting on me. My wife is pushing and I’m trying to hold it all in. After the kid popped out there was so much going on the need to vomit and diarrhea subsided but as soon as we get to the recovery room it started coming from both ends. On top of all that my wife was being induced and got woken up at midnight with tons of missed calls from multiple people telling me I need to get to the hospital and that my mom was on the way to watch the other kid. So not only was I sick I hadn’t slept since like midnight the night before.

Fortunately it wasn’t our first rodeo so my wife was fine while I was living next to the toilet.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:17:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Is it yours?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:21:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By SouthernGunHand:
Is it yours?
View Quote

We finna find out, fam.

On cap, no god, fr fr.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#15]
She's laying in bed complaining about "contractions" or some such nonsense. The more important concern is what am I gonna have for lunch.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004722_jpg-3216580.JPG
View Quote

Ya put a load in the dishwasher and nine months later the sandwich maker stops working!
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:31:20 PM EDT
[#16]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004723_jpg-3216588.JPG

They somehow made it worse. It's got a rubber coating to it now.

RIP my back
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RoccoOnFire:
I bet the brochure called that a recliner, too! People don't realize the hardships men have to go through during this.

RIP my back

Damn. Do all hospital rooms look the same now?

Typical. Standardization and no room for individuality.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:36:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By LesBaer45:

Damn. Do all hospital rooms look the same now?

Typical. Standardization and no room for individuality.
View Quote

The art sucks.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:38:11 PM EDT
[#18]
View is nice tho

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:55:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Attachment Attached File

Congrats on the new addition
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:14:28 PM EDT
[#20]

RIP my back
View Quote

That doesn't look too bad, the one in my wife's delivery room made my butt hurt like nobody's business:

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:15:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Give her the Diddy treatment.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#22]
She squirt that kid out yet?  Tell her we are tired of entertaining you.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:37:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
She squirt that kid out yet?  Tell her we are tired of entertaining you.
View Quote

won't!
Not yet. I'm getting pretty tired. Hopefully we wrap this up soon
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:48:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Attachment Attached File

Holy fuck the food is awful. I'm walking across the street and getting chicken wings. Not even kidding.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:02:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Tell her to suck it up buttercup
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:03:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By guyknight:
Tell her to suck it up buttercup
View Quote

I'll tell her to pull herself up by her bootstraps
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:17:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By skink:

It real

Save womb for dessert article
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 3BP:
Placenta smoothie if she stops being lazy and puts a little effort into pushing that kid out.  

I would say grill to 134 degrees internal, but hospitals tend to frown upon you brining a grill in.  So stick to the Ninja blender and go the smoothie route.

It real

Unfortunately, I am aware it is real. I read something about it a few months back and brought it up to my wife. Some of her friends are super hipsters and she told me it is a real thing and she knows people that have done it….

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#28]

Unfortunately, I am aware it is real. I read something about it a few months back and brought it up to my wife. Some of her friends are super hipsters and she told me it is a real thing and she knows people that have done it….

View All Quotes
Placenta smoothie if she stops being lazy and puts a little effort into pushing that kid out.  

I would say grill to 134 degrees internal, but hospitals tend to frown upon you brining a grill in.  So stick to the Ninja blender and go the smoothie route.

It real

Thats beyond nasty.....besides shock factor whats supposed to be the point?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#29]

You bet they are. I'm so excited!!

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004493_jpg-3216664.JPG
View Quote

That's a cute picture.

My wife and I aren't able to have children, so I always enjoy these threads, it's fun to see good people having children that will grow up in loving homes.

If my wife and I had a boy we wanted terribly to name him Oliver after my grandfather who was special forces in WW2, Korea, and then got injured in Vietnam and became head of all the NCO clubs and partied until retirement. He was the most gentil and kind man I've ever known, but if you crossed his family, he was an animal. I sure do miss him.

Sorry to get off topic, hoping things are going well, I didn't finish the thread before posting.

Name vote, Oliver.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:53:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Lmao, when the nurse asked if she was getting an epidural, my wife's exact words were "hell no, I'm no pussy"

Even I was like DAYUM, ALRIGHT!
View Quote

Your wife is a pimp, that might be the best line ever.

We'd hang out with you guys anytime.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 11:58:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 2tired2run:

It real

Animals eat the afterbirth for the nutrients. Aren't we animals? And women like to eat.

Wife comes in and says, look I made you dinner! And she means she "made" dinner.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:06:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Call2Arms] [#32]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004725_jpg-3216681.JPG

Futon ain't half bad. I might get a nap in, if this horrible groaning in the room would knock it off.
View Quote
Your shoes should be off and the fact that you didn't steal her hospital issue socks, with the rubber treads on the bottom saddens me.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:35:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:

I ended up sleeping in the hospital bed with my wife.
View Quote

Same here
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:11:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#34]
The ol midnight update.

Almost there. Probably in the next hour or so.

Wife screamed for the epidural, and she damn sure earned it. Vomiting from pain, screaming, white knuckles. I know guys joke about it but i was thinking she was actually gonna break my finger. She almost passed out and the midwife was like please get the epi. Wife said this is way worse than our first. Sge was very upset about calling it. I told her she didn't give up, she is still fighting with tools to help. She's not happy about it but she's getting some much needed shuteye.

I got shot in the hand as a teenager, I begged for a nerve block My wife's a warrior.

Thanks for all the replies guys. I do really like Oliver as a name. Wish we had though of it. My great great grandfather, fought in WW1, his name was Harold. Just an incredible man. Lost his arm and leg from an artillery direct hit. Laid in the field for 2 days waiting for rescue. Came home. Built a farm, orchard, and barn with one arm and leg. And tools he could attach to his prosthetic. Raised a whole family selling pecans and almonds in California.

Shepherd will be raised to be a brave, honest man. Like his grand- and great-grandfather. Our house is full of love and the love of God.

Any time, boys. Any time now.

Let's roll.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Thanks for the update OP.  Both of my little angels have woken me up. The first one (4) woke me up right as I fell asleep to ask me if she’s going to school tomorrow. The second one (6) just woke me up coughing and asked to give me a hug. She’s been running fever for about 36 hours so she got a little cough medicine and Motrin.

Kids are a pain in the ass but they make life worth living. Without them, I’d have a bunch of money, free time, and would be doing whatever I want whenever I want. That shit sounds terrible.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:22:56 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By CanaryCamaro:
Thanks for the update OP.  Both of my little angels have woken me up. The first one (4) woke me up right as I fell asleep to ask me if she’s going to school tomorrow. The second one (6) just woke me up coughing and asked to give me a hug. She’s been running fever for about 36 hours so she got a little cough medicine and Motrin.

Kids are a pain in the ass but they make life worth living. Without them, I’d have a bunch of money, free time, and would be doing whatever I want whenever I want. That shit sounds terrible.
View Quote

LOL I agree. All the money in the world, all the time, all the joy, every car, every gun, every motorcycle or truck or house or cigar, anything, everything, I would give it all away in the blink of an eye for my daughter and my soon-to-arrive son.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#37]
So we all knocked up our wives around the same time?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:31:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By The_Like_Button:
So we all knocked up our wives around the same time?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/584260/IMG_3011_jpeg-3217051.JPG
View Quote

Guess so bro. Prayers for your momma and baby.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:34:31 AM EDT
[#39]
The real question is, I ain't sleeping, so do I commit and just drink caffeine now? Or wait till screaming baby is here to chug?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:01:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Dude, I've got a support group going... If you'd like to join.

Just the other day I had to crack, and peel, my own hard boiled egg.

We've got to get this in hand, now.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:04:43 AM EDT
[#41]
Congrats!
Here's to you and yours!

(Hopefully your cans get approved ASAP!)
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:06:20 AM EDT
[#42]
Damn I thought 2nd kids were supposed to come a lot faster.  This is taking forever.  
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 3:18:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:16:49 AM EDT
[#44]
Attachment Attached File

Gentlemen, we did it.

Shepherd Nicholas [lastname], born into the world 0230, 18th day of May, year of our lord 2024.

Everyone is healthy and doing well.

Brings a tear to my eyes. It's a beautiful thing, gents.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 5:29:09 AM EDT
[#45]
Man, that's awesome. Congrats and best wishes to you and Mrs P.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:38:04 AM EDT
[#46]

Guess so bro. Prayers for your momma and baby.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004734_jpg-3217052.JPG
View Quote

Yours as well. My kid came out dressed like Tupac and throwing signs. Gang Gang Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:57:34 AM EDT
[#47]
One of my father's favorite stories was that he was in the bar down the street from the hospital when I was born.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 7:48:09 AM EDT
[#48]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004742_jpg-3217060.JPG

Gentlemen, we did it.

Shepherd Nicholas [lastname], born into the world 0230, 18th day of May, year of our lord 2024.

View Quote

Congratulations! She got it done and has time to make breakfast
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:04:27 AM EDT
[#49]
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/495533/1000004742_jpg-3217060.JPG

Gentlemen, we did it.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:25:04 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By pestilence12:The more important concern is what am I gonna have for lunch.

View Quote

Placenta smoothie?
Page / 4
Wife being lazy (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top