Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/30/2023 11:53:11 AM EDT
Recently purchased a 3" python at local gun store when examining at home i noticed rear sight wobble from side to side after i tightened down the elevation screw it became tight but my shots were way low i solved the problem with a thin o'ring wedged under the rear sight but having paid $1500 dollars for this firearm that should not have been sent out with that problem. Wilson combat makes a replacement rear sight but is rather pricey.I love the python but am disappointed in cz for this problem!
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 12:17:02 PM EDT
[#1]
The rear sight is a weak point for these revolvers. I replaced mine with Wilson’s.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:00:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Both of mine are fine.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Doubtful CZ had anything to do with this issue. The people building & inspecting the Python line have been on the job long before CZ appeared. They're still doing the same job(s) they were doing 2-3 years ago. There were no mass firings or layoffs. True to point, this sort of issue wouldn't happen from a CZ factory, IMO. Colt is no surprise.

For the record, I too own a 3" Python. Double the price for what it's worth, IMO. Never again. Love my CZ's.
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 6:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My front was loose and I tightened it but I plan on replacing the sights with Wilson soon.
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top