Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/11/2022 4:05:25 PM EDT
Picked up an original Mauser Broomhandle stock. When attaching the stock it fits perfectly. Goes on and off with ease. However when I inserted the Mauser into the stock I noticed my grips were too thick and would not fit. I removed the grips and it fit inside nicely. So I need to find some thinner grips.

I also have a Chinese knock off stock. My Mauser fits inside it just fine, but the stock wouldn't attach well to the pistol and would need a rubber mallet to remove it. Which is why I bought the original stock. I measured the grip hole in the stock and the Chinese model has an inch and a half wide hole. Meanwhile the original Mauser stock hole is only one inch wide.

Do you guys have any recommendations for some new thinner grips?

Link Posted: 9/5/2022 10:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Update: Well I ordered some new grips, but they weren't even close to being correct. Original grips were much closer. So I ended up just having to modify the stock a bit with sandpaper around the hole where the grips enter. Hate to modify an antique, but you can't even tell I did anything to it. Just needed a tad more clearance for the gun to fit properly. Looks great now!!

Top Top