Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/3/2024 6:51:22 PM EDT
I got the pistol from Primary Arms since they had a sale going.

I am thinking of going with the Trijicon RMR #2.

Questions:

1) Do I need BOTH a HK VP9 Trijicon RMR Optics Ready Mounting Plate #2 AND a Trijicon RMR Mount Sealing Plate?  Will it be waterproof without the plate?  Is there a reason not to use the plate since it is so inexpensive?

2) The price seems to vary quite a bit for the Trijicon RMR #2.  Midway USA has it for $391 and Primary Arms has it for $599.  Why is that?

3) Which MOA are people going with and why?  It looks like there is 1.0, 3.25 and 6.5 MOA.

Any other information or comments is appreciated.

@akethan
@intheburbs
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The Trijicon mount sealing plate is a very thin plastic plate used because the dumbasses put the battery on the bottom. The H&K plate is threaded and used to mount the optic of choice .
Trijicon has a new model out that is occasionally available but it places the battery where it can be changed without removing the optic. The Aimpoint ACRO is also a new tier 1 optic choice and more readily available. The Holosun EPS Carry is also a god choice. Before you select know that a closed emitter system has glass front and back which is better because pocket lint etc can not block the emitter causing the dot to fail.
I have an EPS Carry and like it. My VP9 has a SCS Holosun that does not require a plate but has no battery the jury is still out on that system but no failure so far. I would feel very confident recommending the ACRO or the new Trijicon RCR or the EPS Carry

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026328120?pid=296764
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
The Trijicon mount sealing plate is a very thin plastic plate used because the dumbasses put the battery on the bottom. The H&K plate is threaded and used to mount the optic of choice .
Trijicon has a new model out that is occasionally available but it places the battery where it can be changed without removing the optic. The Aimpoint ACRO is also a new tier 1 optic choice and more readily available. The Holosun EPS Carry is also a god choice. Before you select know that a closed emitter system has glass front and back which is better because pocket lint etc can not block the emitter causing the dot to fail.
I have an EPS Carry and like it. My VP9 has a SCS Holosun that does not require a plate but has no battery the jury is still out on that system but no failure so far. I would feel very confident recommending the ACRO or the new Trijicon RCR or the EPS Carry

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026328120?pid=296764
View Quote

Thanks, guys!  The above is a lot to digest.  I will take a look at those others.

ETA:  @Urimaginaryfrnd

The Aimpoint ACRO P2 looks very interesting.  I have Aimpoint red dots for AR-15’s.  

Any downside to the ACRO P2?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sticklebackbob] [#4]
Originally Posted By C-4:

Thanks, guys!  The above is a lot to digest.  I will take a look at those others.

The Aimpoint ACRO P2 looks very interesting.  I have Aimpoint red dots for AR-15’s.  

View Quote

I can’t think of any downsides to the acro besides it being somewhat bulky. I’ve got one on my vp9 Tac, and a rmr on my Vp9sk. I prefer the acro, as it has clear glass and a smaller dot. The rmr type 2 has blue tinted glass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sticklebackbob:

I can’t think of any downsides to the acro besides it being somewhat bulky. I’ve got one on my vp9 Tac, and a rmr on my Vp9sk. I prefer the acro, as it has clear glass and a smaller dot. The rmr type 2 has blue tinted glass.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486835/FCD189EE-92A9-4F82-BF85-DB4E6EA7CEF8_jpe-3205085.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486835/FCD189EE-92A9-4F82-BF85-DB4E6EA7CEF8_jpe-3205085.JPG

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Sticklebackbob

Do you have a holster you are using for the Acro?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, no. I’ve been looking off and on, though.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top