Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2024 6:45:51 PM EDT
Olight is coming out with a handgun optic, the Osight.  3 MOA dot, magnetic charger, sound like RMR footprint for $199.

Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:12:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Is the magnetic charger going to fry the optic when it gets wet, or are they keeping that feature for their lights only?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Introductory price of $160. Seems like a lot of optic for the money, even if Chyna bad. This thing makes a 507c look tiny.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:14:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I've had a test model since February and I like it.

Pictured next to a Holosun 507Comp (left).

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:16:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By -OdieGreen-:
Is the magnetic charger going to fry the optic when it gets wet, or are they keeping that feature for their lights only?
View Quote

The optic has tens of thousands of hours of battery life, so I would hope you didn't need to charge it wet.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Yep, Imma snag one. Have a few different guns I could use it on. Just got a screaming deal on a 510C but might return it now for this.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:29:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Muricha] [#8]
Sometimes you just gotta say WTFAttachment Attached File

And that’s with a ‘free’ pic rail adapter and keychain light.
Link If Interested
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:49:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Gone pass. I remember back in 2020 when every guntuber was shilling the hell out of those various junk olights. They made them sound great, I bought a few, not a single one lasted more than a few thousand rounds. Either the mounts broke, the emitters started flickering or there was an issue with the magnetic charge set up. In one instance it started sparking and smoking after I put it on the charge. Now they have released an optic with the same feature and are using the same strategy of buying less honest guntubers off to say nice things about them. No thanks. I’ll stick to Trijicon, Aimpoint, and Holosun for a pistol mounted optic. Right now they are the only proven choices in the space.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:31:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By MK318:
Gone pass. I remember back in 2020 when every guntuber was shilling the hell out of those various junk olights. They made them sound great, I bought a few, not a single one lasted more than a few thousand rounds. Either the mounts broke, the emitters started flickering or there was an issue with the magnetic charge set up. In one instance it started sparking and smoking after I put it on the charge. Now they have released an optic with the same feature and are using the same strategy of buying less honest guntubers off to say nice things about them. No thanks. I’ll stick to Trijicon, Aimpoint, and Holosun for a pistol mounted optic. Right now they are the only proven choices in the space.
View Quote

Olight has a lifetime warranty now, if that alleviates any concerns.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:22:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#11]
Originally Posted By chevrofreak:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

That’s great, if I’m ever in a shootout and it fails I’ll just tell the bad guys to wait while I send it off for warranty. The best warranty is the one you don’t need.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:34:28 AM EDT
[#12]
Pretty underwhelming tbh.

Holosun 407k can be had for the same price. The charger cover thing seems gimmicky given the battery life on most pistol dots is measured in years.

Red dots are a saturated market. Budget IR is where they should make some new products.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:38:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Olight’s new Osight Is A Reviewer Honesty Test

He was sent two optics, one red and one green. Neither retained zero with just simple charging hits off the holster. His test of dropping a rock on one isn’t very valid IMO, I wish he would have left it mounted and dropped it while on the gun. It will be interesting to see if Aaron Cowan reviews one. I don’t expect the paid shills like Mrgunsngear and sootch00 to give an honest review. I haven’t watched their reviews yet but I bet they were glowing endorsements. They were shilling the hell out of the Olight weapon lights back when they first came out.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:19:43 PM EDT
[#14]

That’s great, if I’m ever in a shootout and it fails I’ll just tell the bad guys to wait while I send it off for warranty. The best warranty is the one you don’t need.

https://y.yarn.co/da9bdfd9-0941-4e8c-861d-634af29658f6_text.gif
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#15]

https://y.yarn.co/da9bdfd9-0941-4e8c-861d-634af29658f6_text.gif
View Quote

It's more about protecting your investment than expecting it to fail.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:27:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#16]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtdabBTaR0

He was sent two optics, one red and one green. Neither retained zero with just simple charging hits off the holster. His test of dropping a rock on one isn’t very valid IMO, I wish he would have left it mounted and dropped it while on the gun. It will be interesting to see if Aaron Cowan reviews one. I don’t expect the paid shills like Mrgunsngear and sootch00 to give an honest review. I haven’t watched their reviews yet but I bet they were glowing endorsements. They were shilling the hell out of the Olight weapon lights back when they first came out.
View Quote

His "loss of zero" was always windage, which points to the sight moving in the cut, not necessarily a product defect.   I've had the same problem with some sights until I used Rocksett to lock them in place.  Some slide milling just isn't done right, and leaves little to hold the sight stationary.

Edit: here is a screenshot showing his optic cut.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 3:27:53 PM EDT
[#17]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtdabBTaR0

He was sent two optics, one red and one green. Neither retained zero with just simple charging hits off the holster. His test of dropping a rock on one isn't very valid IMO, I wish he would have left it mounted and dropped it while on the gun. It will be interesting to see if Aaron Cowan reviews one. I don't expect the paid shills like Mrgunsngear and sootch00 to give an honest review. I haven't watched their reviews yet but I bet they were glowing endorsements. They were shilling the hell out of the Olight weapon lights back when they first came out.
View Quote
It's interesting how it broke, usually we see the metal frame bend and dent, and the glass breaks or pops out on MRDS impacts, but here the top of the frame shears clean off, and the failure points appear to be where they have those little indented lines in the design if you look at pictures, basically design induced weak points.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Just arrived in my mailbox.  Ordered it a few seconds after it dropped.  I set an alarm. $156.73 was my total.  Somehow I had a -$15 coupon, so it was a little cheaper.  Also came with a free AAA mini keychain flashlight, the i3E EOS.  A challenge coin and some stickers as well.

First thing, and I know this is going to sound really dumb, but the box is packaging art. It's like unboxing an iPhone. Laser cut foam inserts for the optic and charger. Perfectly fitted and nested individual accessory packs; a mini pill box with the mounting screws (4 connected, labeled, foam inset, screws. It's fucking insane), USB to USBc charging cable (with a mini rubber, reusable, cord tie, with the adjustment tool/torx tool attached), and a small box stuffed with small cleaning cloth and ripstop nylon carrying bag for the charger.  Crazy levels of detail that I hope they put into the optic itself!

The charger is nicely made, clean finish. Button is nice and "clicky". Top lights up with an animation to show the charge level of the battery.  Click on top of the optic with a very satisfying "snick". Firm magnetic attachment. It arrived with a 25% charge.

Optic arrived just a little over 25% charged. Fit and finish is every bit as nice as a Holosun 407C, but with a bigger window.  I don't think it's as large as a 507COMP, but its in between the two models (407c/507c vs 507COMP window size).  Emitter is bright, but maybe a bit of flare at higher brightness settings.  I have a mild astigmatism, as well, so it could just be me.  If you shake the optic around a little bit, the dot does not skip; it stays a solid line the entire shaking back and forth. The auto adjust is impressive.  I walked all around my home; dark hallways into bright rooms, into a dark room, and then out into dusk AZ sunlight. It was a flawless transition the entire time; like it was on a dimmer switch being turned up and down smoothly. The elevation/windage adjustments have a nice click, also. Side buttons are nice, good feel.  I found that if you hold down the + button for a few seconds, it will flash and cycle through the lockout mode, auto adjust mode, and manual mode.

I haven't mounted it on anything yet; thinking about cutting my G45 for it. Or keep it and try it out on my future 870 SBS I'm just started building.

I've worked in the firearms industry for 20 years. I've handled every micro red dot there is. While this Osight is not on par with a Trijicon RMR/SRO/ETC, it is every bit as nice as any Holosun MRDS.  Not as nice as a Leupold DPP, but seems better than any Sig MRDS I've installed or used.  Time will tell how robust it is.  I know these have been out in hands being tested since at least this February, and maybe those initial impressions are deserved.  I don't know yet.  Maybe it's a POS, but that's what lifetime warranties are for.  Maybe it will be junk on a 9mm handgun, and I'll just put it on a 22LR. We'll see.  

Initial impression is positive. Seems like a lot of optic for the price.  If it holds up. I am cautiously optimistic.

Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:44:14 PM EDT
[#19]
These look like crap and Olight makes trash for people who don’t know any better and generally don’t even use their stuff. Everyone peddling these needs to be ostracized from public view.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 11:04:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#20]
Originally Posted By hydrostatic_cling:
These look like crap and Olight makes trash for people who don’t know any better and generally don’t even use their stuff. Everyone peddling these needs to be ostracized from public view.
View Quote

And your in depth reviews of every Olight product can be found where?  

Of course they are not for serious use.  That would be an absurd statement.  Will they be good to put on a TX22 range toy?  Sure, why not.   I've seen plenty of RMR's and SRO's break, also.  Just sent an SRO back for warranty when the windage adjustment froze up. Nothing is perfect.

I've owned a few Olight products, and they all worked as advertised.  I don't have a YT channel, Instagram, FB, Twitter/X, or anything like that.  Seems to me all the haters of Olight don't have a lot of personal experience owning or using Olight products themselves.

The YT video above is an extreme case scenario.  The dude crushed it with a rock, and beat it with magazines and his holster.  He didn't even give it a chance to be good. 90% of buyers will never do anything close to what happened in that video.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 9:51:15 AM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#21]
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:

And your in depth reviews of every Olight product can be found where?  

Of course they are not for serious use.  That would be an absurd statement.  Will they be good to put on a TX22 range toy?  Sure, why not.   I've seen plenty of RMR's and SRO's break, also.  Just sent an SRO back for warranty when the windage adjustment froze up. Nothing is perfect.

I've owned a few Olight products, and they all worked as advertised.  I don't have a YT channel, Instagram, FB, Twitter/X, or anything like that.  Seems to me all the haters of Olight don't have a lot of personal experience owning or using Olight products themselves.

The YT video above is an extreme case scenario.  The dude crushed it with a rock, and beat it with magazines and his holster.  He didn't even give it a chance to be good. 90% of buyers will never do anything close to what happened in that video.
View Quote

This is preposterous. I don’t need to buy junk to know it’s junk. Do I need to show a prosthetic arm to tell people it’s bad to tickle the tongue of an alligator?
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#22]

This is preposterous. I don't need to buy junk to know it's junk. Do I need to show a prosthetic arm to tell people it's bad to tickle the tongue of an alligator?
View Quote
Let's just quit dancing around.

@hydrostatic_cling  Please detail your actual experience with Olight products and what issues you've had with which specific products.  Then we can better understand your statements.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:32:36 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

😂😂😂😂😂😂
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 1:45:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
Let's just quit dancing around.

@hydrostatic_cling  Please detail your actual experience with Olight products and what issues you've had with which specific products.  Then we can better understand your statements.
View Quote
I had an olight in my pants pocket turn itself on during a drive and melt a quarter size hole in my shirt, and was near catching it on fire.

I've had two pl pros and a pl mini 2 that would turn themselves on and not turn off via the switches. Came to learn that a strong smack against a hard surface would turn them off when it happened.

I no longer trust any of their mag charging products.

Link Posted: 5/26/2024 3:29:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MoonDancer] [#25]
Originally Posted By D_Man:
I had an olight in my pants pocket turn itself on during a drive and melt a quarter size hole in my shirt, and was near catching it on fire.

I've had two pl pros and a pl mini 2 that would turn themselves on and not turn off via the switches. Came to learn that a strong smack against a hard surface would turn them off when it happened.

I no longer trust any of their mag charging products.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/157876/86ywlr-3036717.jpg
View Quote
While I've not had any of my five Olights (two PL Mini Valkyrie gen 1s, two PL Mini 2 Valkyrie gen2s, and 1 Odin) turn themselves on and not be able to turn them off (so far) I did have a Surefire E1B (original, 1st gen) turn itself on in my pocket.  Fortunately I felt the heat pretty soon and turned it off.  Just curious, what was the model of the Olight that turned on in your pocket?

I do appreciate your input but I'm still waiting for @hydrostatic_cling to detail his personal experiences with Olight.

FWIW, I don't have any Olight products on what I could consider my "serious" firearms.  Those all have Surefire or Streamlight lights on them.  As far as optics for handguns, I currently have a Trijicon RMRcc, a Holosun 507C, and a 507K.  An RMR type 2 will hopefully be in my near future.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 7:55:08 PM EDT
[#26]
While I've not had any of my five Olights (two PL Mini Valkyrie gen 1s, two PL Mini 2 Valkyrie gen2s, and 1 Odin) turn themselves on and not be able to turn them off (so far) I did have a Surefire E1B (original, 1st gen) turn itself on in my pocket.  Fortunately I felt the heat pretty soon and turned it off.  Just curious, what was the model of the Olight that turned on in your pocket?

I do appreciate your input but I'm still waiting for @hydrostatic_cling to detail his personal experiences with Olight.

FWIW, I don't have any Olight products on what I could consider my "serious" firearms.  Those all have Surefire or Streamlight lights on them.  As far as optics for handguns, I currently have a Trijicon RMRcc, a Holosun 507C, and a 507K.  An RMR type 2 will hopefully be in my near future.
View Quote
The pocket rocket was the Warrior 2 I believe.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hydrostatic_cling] [#27]

View Quote

I've looked at them. They were all junk. I will not pay for anything they make. The company pays reviewers to peddle their trash. Nobody should buy anything from them. Even this site is taking money from them because they have an ad for their trash on front page.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:33:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MoonDancer] [#28]

I've looked at them. They were all junk. I will not pay for anything they make. The company pays reviewers to peddle their trash. Nobody should buy anything from them. Even this site is taking money from them because they have an ad for their trash on front page.
View Quote

@hydrostatic_cling

Note that I'm not denigrating your opinion, only trying to clarify the "why" you feel the way you do.  It's (IMO) perfectly fine to dislike something.  I hated Glocks for decades and still think they are less than optimal as far as ergonomics are concerned.

But, to make sure I've got it correct, you have never actually owned or used one.  Did I get that right?  
Just a simple "correct" or "wrong" will suffice, although is you were to answer "wrong", I'd appreciate knowing details.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:38:09 PM EDT
[#29]

@hydrostatic_cling

So, to make sure I've got it correct, you have never actually owned or used one.  Did I get that right?  
No need to go into detail, just a simple "correct" or "wrong" will suffice.
View Quote

Unfortunately I have used them, but only after people with less sense had bought them and could not figure out why they were falling apart, wouldn't work, or performed terribly and I was kind enough to diagnose their junk, only to conclude they shouldn't have wasted their money on it.

You know for the price of those five Olights you have, you could own something nice from Surefire, Modlite, or even Cloud Defense. And if someone needs a red dot and can't afford a $350 RMR, then they really shouldn't be spending money on accessories because they clearly can't afford ammo to practice either.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 1:46:28 PM EDT
[#30]

Unfortunately I have used them, but only after people with less sense had bought them and could not figure out why they were falling apart, wouldn't work, or performed terribly and I was kind enough to diagnose their junk, only to conclude they shouldn't have wasted their money on it.

You know for the price of those five Olights you have, you could own something nice from Surefire, Modlite, or even Cloud Defense. And if someone needs a red dot and can't afford a $350 RMR, then they really shouldn't be spending money on accessories because they clearly can't afford ammo to practice either.
View Quote
Thanks for the answer.

If you had read my post a few up, you'll see that I do have Surefire products, as well as Streamlights.  And an RMRcc with an RMR coming soon.  

Ain't this world wonderful?  We are all free to have our own opinions and act on them.  We aren't limited to only having what other people think we should have.  For example, I have Olights on my less serious guns and (so far) they've been flawless.  Sample size of only five, though, so who knows?  
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:35:27 PM EDT
[#31]

View Quote

They don't do anything different than any other Chinese company. Free products for reviews, then affiliate links so the reviewers make some money on referral purchases.   It is very common practice in many industries.
Link Posted: 5/27/2024 2:50:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#32]
View Quote

I do own lights from Cloud Defensive and Surefire, and guess what?  I prefer my Olight's.  They are brighter, have more throw, and bigger rechargeable batteries for more runtime.   I will put the Javelot up against any Cloud, Modlite or Surefire rifle light for performance.

The switches on my Surefire X300 Turbo suck. They are the worst part of the light.  I put it on an MP5k clone where the rear pressure switches may actually be useful.  The Olight PL Turbo is brighter, has more throw, a smoother beam, more runtime, and better switches.  

My Cloud Defensive OWL isn't very bright, and it flickers when I tap it for constant on.  I replaced it with an Olight Warrior X3 in an Odin Works mount.   The OWL now sits, unused, on a spare upper just so I don't lose it.

I can afford any flashlight made, by any company, but I still prefer value for dollar, so I buy Olight when they have a product that fits my needs. I also work with them to improve their products, which is why they selected me to be on their red dot advisory team.  I was never paid, but I did receive a utility knife and a folding knife as a thank you, as well as getting to keep the test sample red dot that they had sent me in February.

Take a look at their new Odin S sometime.  The mount is now integral to the body, the PCB is potted, the mount uses a thumb screw rather than the old style push and turn release mechanism, and the new tail switch also has an additional lock to keep it from being yanked off.

Olight never attacks the people who trash their products online (unlike other manufacturers) and they take the criticism and use it to improve their products.    They have the friendliest support staff I have ever worked with.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 11:57:01 PM EDT
[#33]

I do own lights from Cloud Defensive and Surefire, and guess what?  I prefer my Olight's.  They are brighter, have more throw, and bigger rechargeable batteries for more runtime.   I will put the Javelot up against any Cloud, Modlite or Surefire rifle light for performance.

The switches on my Surefire X300 Turbo suck. They are the worst part of the light.  I put it on an MP5k clone where the rear pressure switches may actually be useful.  The Olight PL Turbo is brighter, has more throw, a smoother beam, more runtime, and better switches.  

My Cloud Defensive OWL isn't very bright, and it flickers when I tap it for constant on.  I replaced it with an Olight Warrior X3 in an Odin Works mount.   The OWL now sits, unused, on a spare upper just so I don't lose it.

I can afford any flashlight made, by any company, but I still prefer value for dollar, so I buy Olight when they have a product that fits my needs. I also work with them to improve their products, which is why they selected me to be on their red dot advisory team.  I was never paid, but I did receive a utility knife and a folding knife as a thank you, as well as getting to keep the test sample red dot that they had sent me in February.

Take a look at their new Odin S sometime.  The mount is now integral to the body, the PCB is potted, the mount uses a thumb screw rather than the old style push and turn release mechanism, and the new tail switch also has an additional lock to keep it from being yanked off.

Olight never attacks the people who trash their products online (unlike other manufacturers) and they take the criticism and use it to improve their products.    They have the friendliest support staff I have ever worked with.
View All Quotes

I’m sure the fact that you have a partnership with Olight has nothing to do with your preference or bias towards their products.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:08:32 AM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#34]

I’m sure the fact that you have a partnership with Olight has nothing to do with your preference or bias towards their products.
View Quote

Of course it doesn't. I don't get paid, and I don't have an affiliate link.  I have spent so much money at Olightstore that I am Blue Diamond tier.  At the very minimum that takes $3,500 worth of purchases, during your birthday month, and can be up to $7,000  if you don't ever buy during your birthday month.  I am somewhere around $5k spent at my estimation; do you think I would spend that much if I didn't trust their products?

The reality is that I have a lot more loyalty to Holosun. I was a customer of theirs back in 2015 and I have serial number 50 of their first red dot, and I have bought around 3 dozen of their red dots and lasers since then.   I like helping companies refine their products, and I've been doing it in the flashlight industry for over 2 decades.  I spent thousands of dollars on equipment, batteries, etc. back in my CandlePowerForums days doing runtime tests on flashlights. I even manufactured and sold an incandescent bulb for the Surefire E2E that I carried that allowed you to use a 17670 rechargeable cell in it.  All in the name of advancing the industry.  The testing that myself and a few others did back then brought accountability to manufacturers output and runtime claims, and eventually led to the ANSI FL1 rating standard.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:23:13 AM EDT
[#35]

Of course it doesn't. I don't get paid, and I don't have an affiliate link.  I have spent so much money at Olightstore that I am Blue Diamond tier.  At the very minimum that takes $3,500 worth of purchases, during your birthday month, and can be up to $7,000  if you don't ever buy during your birthday month.  I am somewhere around $5k spent at my estimation; do you think I would spend that much if I didn't trust their products?

The reality is that I have a lot more loyalty to Holosun. I was a customer of theirs back in 2015 and I have serial number 50 of their first red dot, and I have bought around 3 dozen of their red dots and lasers since then.   I like helping companies refine their products, and I've been doing it in the flashlight industry for over 2 decades.  I spent thousands of dollars on equipment, batteries, etc. back in my CandlePowerForums days doing runtime tests on flashlights. I even manufactured and sold an incandescent bulb for the Surefire E2E that I carried that allowed you to use a 17670 rechargeable cell in it.  All in the name of advancing the industry.  The testing that myself and a few others did back then brought accountability to manufacturers output and runtime claims, and eventually led to the ANSI FL1 rating standard.
View All Quotes

You’ve bought $5K of Olight products for your own personal use, not for testing, selling, or for a business?
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 12:45:39 PM EDT
[#36]

You’ve bought $5K of Olight products for your own personal use, not for testing, selling, or for a business?
View Quote

Correct, though many have been given as Christmas/birthday gifts to friends and family.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:02:11 PM EDT
[#37]

Correct, though many have been given as Christmas/birthday gifts to friends and family.
View Quote

You must hate your family to give them that trash.

Trash pic
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 11:03:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#38]
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Trash pic
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490874/IMG_2002_jpeg-3226778.JPG
View Quote

You are blaming the flashlight for the batteries that vented?  What was the quality of the batteries?  Were both of them brand new?  Do you blame Surefire or Streamlight when a battery vents in of of their lights?  And, yes, both of those brands have had their lights "blow up" from faulty or mismatched batteries.

Some examples.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/-/5-951360/?

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/surefire-g2-explosion.264020/

https://www.poam.net/train-and-educate/important-safety-warning-about-stremlight-tactical-flashlights/

And a warning from Streamlight.

https://www.policemag.com/patrol/news/15344172/streamlight-warns-le-customers-against-using-off-brand-batteries
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 12:58:06 AM EDT
[#39]

You are blaming the flashlight for the batteries that vented?  What was the quality of the batteries?  Were both of them brand new?  Do you blame Surefire or Streamlight when a battery vents in of of their lights?  And, yes, both of those brands have had their lights "blow up" from faulty or mismatched batteries.

Some examples.

https://www.poam.net/train-and-educate/important-safety-warning-about-stremlight-tactical-flashlights/

https://www.policemag.com/patrol/news/15344172/streamlight-warns-le-customers-against-using-off-brand-batteries
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By -KentuckyWindage-:

Trash pic
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/490874/IMG_2002_jpeg-3226778.JPG

Some examples.

Ive been using SF products since before they were SF. I've never had a single one arc on me and short out and that is out of probably 30-40 various lights over the course of 20+ years of use. Somehow the Olights that I bought back in 2020, all failed in various spectacular fashion. Shit tier lights. Great marketing though and they don't shy away from the paid shills.
Link Posted: Yesterday 4:49:49 AM EDT
[#40]
I have a couple of their i3t and the free i3e's. I had an original warrior mini and between the known issues and the shit proprietary batteries and magnetic charging, as soon as they issued a recall it was out the door. They cant even make a standard magnetic charging cord, almost each product has their own cord. They all look the same except for the number designation that has nothing to do with the light model.

I've found other chinesium lights like Wurkkos to be twice the quality at 1/4-1/3 of the price. They also have usb-c charging instead of stupid proprietary batteries and charging cables.

And the rabid, almost borderline hoarder, fans that spend thousands to collect every color of each model and to "level up" is mind blowing. They keep them in box unopened until the batteries leak through the packaging because they think someday they'll be collectable and worth more like Star Wars figures.

The marketing dept should be given a second day off each month for figuring out how to create flashlight beanie baby collectors and funnel all the US dollars to China.

Their facebook collectors groups are wild
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top