Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2024 10:03:28 PM EDT
I was up having a few beers and saw Aim Surplus had Beretta APX on sale for $299. Seemed like a good deal so I ordered one. I never fired or handled one. What am I in for?
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:28:29 PM EDT
[#1]
They’re decent blasters

Would have done better with better marketing.  Nothing super special, just a polymer wonder 9
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:48:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Sixgun357:
I was up having a few beers and saw Aim Surplus had Beretta APX on sale for $299. Seemed like a good deal so I ordered one. I never fired or handled one. What am I in for?
View Quote

I Saw them a couple weeks ago for 199 after rebate.

Anyway last year I bought mine for a $199 and it's probably the Best  you can get for 200 bucks..

Mine is the apx a1 carry.

What sucks about it is it only holds eight rounds with the extended magazine.
the trigger is pretty awful.

The nice thing about it is. It's pretty small so it works well for specific situations..
The Springfield hellcat is the same size and holds twice as much.. It also costs a little bit more than twice as much.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I have an APX A1 that's not too bad.
Not as butt ugly as the regular APX.

For a while there I was attempting to get 1 of everyone's full size 9mm.
Another that somebody had cheaper last week was the Ruger Security9.
But I have one of those already.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:51:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Tier 1 ergos, one of the most comfortable handguns in the hand.
Tier 2 trigger. I think the APX would be better served by a shelf on the trigger safety similar to the newest M&P style.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:21:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Picked up the gun today. I found it surprising comfortable in the hand. Slide is heavier than my 19X, reminds me of my Gen 5 Glock 23. It gives it a good balance. The trigger face feels nice on my finger and the trigger isn't bad, pretty decent for striker fired gun. The manual is in Portugese.  Over all I think it was a nice pick up.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:02:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RockolaM1] [#6]
I like the APX, but I'm going to wait for them to be marked down.

If the stock on the website is accurate, they have over 2000+ APX's. The APX has never sold very well, I think it's going to take a very long time to move that many.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 6:44:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: homeyclaus] [#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

Anyway last year I bought mine for a $199 and it's probably the Best  you can get for 200 bucks..

The nice thing about it is. It's pretty small so it works well for specific situations..
The Springfield hellcat is the same size and holds twice as much.. It also costs a little bit more than twice as much.

View Quote

APX "Carry" models are completely different from the rest.

OP, the full size APX is a fine service pistol, remarkable only because of the divisive slide design. It is worth it to completely strip down the slide and serialized frame to get all the oil the factory put there out.

Mine are stupid reliable, and accurate enough. The extra heft makes it suck less to shoot all day long, like at courses and stuff, if you're into that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 10:46:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Ordered one from AIM yesterday and picked it up today

Have 3 more magazines on order.  

Seems like a decent pistol
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:30:46 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By OverScoped:

View Quote

I have 2 of the APX A1 carry pistols, but also just got one of the Brazilian police surplus APX full size pistols AIM is selling for $300.

Very different pistols.

OP, mine looks to be brand new, came with 2, 17 round mags, and a manual in Portuguese

I am not a trigger snob, but the trigger on this sucks ass. It's worse than the APX A1 carry pistols
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By RockolaM1:
I like the APX, but I'm going to wait for them to be marked down.

If the stock on the website is accurate, they have over 2000+ APX's. The APX has never sold very well, I think it's going to take a very long time to move that many.
View Quote

In the thread I started in GD, someone predicted AIM would be blasting them out at $200 at some point. If so I will order at least 1 more.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 4:22:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: colklink] [#11]
@Sixgun357 when you get yours, would you mind field stripping it and taking a picture of your recoil spring assembly?

This is mine, I think it's defective. I have a new one coming from Brownells.

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

In the second blurry picture, you can see where the take down lever is grinding against the end. It's a bitch to rotate it.

The drawn picture on Beretta dot com of the part doesn't look retarded like mine

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 9:14:23 PM EDT
[#12]
I got it, next time I am in my "office" I will do that. Might be a day or two I have to work 12 hour shifts the next 3 days.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:33:27 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sixgun357:
I got it, next time I am in my "office" I will do that. Might be a day or two I have to work 12 hour shifts the next 3 days.
View Quote

Whenever you can. I appreciate it.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 6:49:18 AM EDT
[#14]
Bought a APX Carry with the Burris Optic already mounted last year during one of the rebate periods.  I like Berettas but the APX Carry is absolute garbage.  One trip to the range and I traded it in loosing money.  Trigger is one of the worst triggers I have ever felt in a while.  I regret telling people about the rebate.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:15:01 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By hickunit:
Bought a APX Carry with the Burris Optic already mounted last year during one of the rebate periods.  I like Berettas but the APX Carry is absolute garbage.  One trip to the range and I traded it in loosing money.  Trigger is one of the worst triggers I have ever felt in a while.  I regret telling people about the rebate.
View Quote

The trigger on the one I have shot a few hundred rounds through has smoothed and lightened a lot. But yes, out of the box they have a shit trigger.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 2:10:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By colklink:

The trigger on the one I have shot a few hundred rounds through has smoothed and lightened a lot. But yes, out of the box they have a shit trigger.
View Quote

For about the 87th time in the last 12 months I think about one of these and then always read this.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:38:52 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

For about the 87th time in the last 12 months I think about one of these and then always read this.
View Quote

They do improve dramatically. I am talking about the APX A1 carry. The little, single stack pistol.
Link Posted: 5/30/2024 8:49:10 PM EDT
[#18]

They do improve dramatically. I am talking about the APX A1 carry. The little, single stack pistol.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:

Exactly the little cheap one which comes in a color that almost matched my truck!
Link Posted: Yesterday 8:37:52 PM EDT
[#19]
@Sixgun357 when you get yours, would you mind field stripping it and taking a picture of your recoil spring assembly?

This is mine, I think it's defective. I have a new one coming from Brownells.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1000010233_jpg-3225961.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1000010234_jpg-3225962.JPG

In the second blurry picture, you can see where the take down lever is grinding against the end. It's a bitch to rotate it.

The drawn picture on Beretta dot com of the part doesn't look retarded like mine

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/17974/1000010235_jpg-3225964.JPG
View Quote

@colklink

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: Yesterday 8:50:39 PM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Thank you sir. I have no idea what the hell happened to mine?

Oh well, I paid $20 plus shipping for a new one, should be here next week.

What do you think of the trigger? I have Glocks, M&Ps, P320, a VP9, Daggers, a Steyr M9 and C9, and a couple APX A1 carry pistols. I can say without a doubt that the APX has the worst trigger pull of any striker pistol I have tried.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:44:05 PM EDT
[#21]
I was messing with it tonight and could not figure out if I liked it or not. It's definitely different than a Glock, closer to my 320's trigger but has a weird break. Thinking I might take it out to the range tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top