Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 7:11:53 PM EDT
Picked this up today, sold as cosmetically blemed,  but I can not find a single flaw on it. Color is good, frame and slide match, no marks or blushing. Pistol is nice and tight, trigger pulls 3.5 to 4lbs, no barrel movement at all when locked in battery, crisp safety. Of all the 1911's I have I did not have a Commander or a Nickle plated one, so this pistol filled two voids in my collection.
" />
" />
" />
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:13:40 PM EDT
[#1]
That is a handsome pistol
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 9:04:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Beautiful!

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:16:50 PM EDT
[#3]
I have shot Nagayoshi Kojima through the face with that pistol!

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:52:09 PM EDT
[#4]
I have looked all over for one of those, finally gave up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:13:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Strela:
I have looked all over for one of those, finally gave up.
View Quote

https://www.budsgunshop.com/product_info.php/products_id/411561546/tisas+1911+tank+commander+.45+acp+nickel
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 12:17:54 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a satin nickel Colt Combat Commander in 45 ACP in the late 70’s.   I should have never sold it but I had medical bills.  I have looked at the Tisas nickel Commander size pistol but I can’t tell if this is a matte nickel, polished nickel or even satin nickel.   Op how would describe this nickel finish?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:50:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Nice looking pistol!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Agreed, sharp OP!
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:17:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino11] [#9]
Originally Posted By VASCAR2:
I had a satin nickel Colt Combat Commander in 45 ACP in the late 70’s.   I should have never sold it but I had medical bills.  I have looked at the Tisas nickel Commander size pistol but I can’t tell if this is a matte nickel, polished nickel or even satin nickel.   Op how would describe this nickel finish?
View Quote

They call it Satin Nickel, it is a matt finish not a polished finish. It was exactly what I was looking for. Not to keen on polished Nickel for a shooter, they show every little scratch and finger print.

The machining, fit and finish of this pistol blows away a Colt. They are a level above the price point, I have a Tisas Service Special which is almost the same pistol but a 5" full size. It has been 100% reliable and  very accurate, and the fact that they are all forged and tool steel is a huge plus. The only MIM part is the recoil spring plug so you don't need to buy a bunch of small parts to upgrade. The barrel is even hammer forged. Maybe I'll pick up a stainless spring plug as well... just  because.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:08:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the clarification on the nickel finish.  The 1911 you got looks great.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:45:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dino11] [#11]
Top notch machine work, slide feels like it's on roller bearings now that I have cleaned and lubed it. I hand racked it with 3 different hollow points and it fed and ejected all of them. Then I loaded an empty cartridge in the mag and it loaded that as well, lets hope it runs at the range.
" />

" />

" />

" />

" />
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 5:26:24 PM EDT
[#12]
Really a nice looking pistol!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 2:04:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BillyDBerger:
That is a handsome pistol
View Quote
Yeah, great looking pistol. Makes me sort of want one.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top