Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/16/2024 4:27:49 AM EDT
I won an auction today on a USP in 45, police trade in from somwhere in PA, with the intention of running it suppressed. I did some searching on the subject, but unfortunately came up with very little information that was actually productive. Pretty new to the HK eco system.

Is the tactical model's recoil spring *really* necessary? It seems to be slightly different in it's design, and it's said to have a heavier spring rate vs the standard's 14#, although I wasn't able to get a solid number.

Or, optionally, to save some dollars, would swapping the spring on my assembly to a heavier one achieve the same result?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 8:57:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the one that came with three mags and a case on GB?

I was about to buy it and someone beat me to it, lol.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:12:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheArcticWolf1911] [#2]
Yes that was me.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:25:28 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL

Congratulations and glad a fellow Arfcommer scored it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By TheArcticWolf1911:
I won an auction today on a USP in 45, police trade in from somwhere in PA, with the intention of running it suppressed. I did some searching on the subject, but unfortunately came up with very little information that was actually productive. Pretty new to the HK eco system.

Is the tactical model's recoil spring *really* necessary? It seems to be slightly different in it's design, and it's said to have a heavier spring rate vs the standard's 14#, although I wasn't able to get a solid number.

Or, optionally, to save some dollars, would swapping the spring on my assembly to a heavier one achieve the same result?

Thanks.
View Quote

The shape of the recoil assembly that interfaces with the slide release is shaped differently. I just bit the bullet and bought the correct recoil assembly. I also added an HK threaded barrel and the match trigger spring.

What is the date code of the pistol? At some point in the mid 2000's, HK changed the design of the firing pin and firing pin block to prevent breakage from dry firing.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 2:47:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know how old it is honestly.

Two magazines seem to suggest somewhere between 94 and 04, given they have restricted markings.

I found 'AG' on the slide, which would correspond to the date of 2006. The tritium sights on it are basically dead, which would line up about right.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 5:31:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TheArcticWolf1911:
I don't know how old it is honestly.

Two magazines seem to suggest somewhere between 94 and 04, given they have restricted markings.

I found 'AG' on the slide, which would correspond to the date of 2006. The tritium sights on it are basically dead, which would line up about right.
View Quote

If it’s AG, then the firing pin should be good.
Link Posted: 5/25/2024 4:27:49 AM EDT
[#7]
That's good to know. I'm working on improving my accuracy, specifically with double action, and this new-to-me HK seems like the best pistol to do it on, out of those that I own.
Link Posted: 5/26/2024 10:26:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I've had 3 USP's in 45. That is the absolute greatest marriage in gun and ammo history. That gun loves 45acp. The recoil is just absorbed by that big hunk of German perfection. Picking one up in 40 tomorrow  which I have also had. Ill never sell or trade another one.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top