Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 9:00:46 PM EDT
I have worked non stop since I was 15 years old. I am 52 years old now, and got fired last June for literally keeping the customer happy.

However the company I worked for wanted me to keep profit to the company higher if I told the customer to fuck off. The company would not do anything outside the scope of the contract. I get it, make money, but if this attitude was held during the world wars we would have lost.

Yes the customer is not always right but this company will lose the contract because they don't deliver. The company will contest it because the customer never made it a requirement in the contract but the government assumed it would be based on the history of the performance.

Please brothers I can trouble shoot a lot of computer and network stuff... I am a certified forklift driver, and have an OSHA confined space certification.  I am a certified fiber optic splicer \ terminator with a fusion splicer and can terminate CAT 5\6 copper.

I live in Hampton Virginia.

I am down to $1000 in my savings account.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: voodochild] [#1]
Have you posted up in here?  I wish I knew of someone looking for your job skills.  If you're in the Hampton area there have to be contractors around there that could pick you up.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:26:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Why don't you try and get on with mastec or dominion with those creds?  I know mastec is doing all the work for the new wind stuff in Virginia Beach.  

Also, there would be a lot of security companies in the area that would love to have you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:28:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear of your predicament. I hope you are able to find a job but have you tried applying to various places in and around the Hampton/NN/Chesapeake areas? It seems very likely there be a lot of forklift positions there.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 1:29:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Can you pass the background to get into the shipyards? Or the Navy bases? PM me if you can.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 4:44:30 AM EDT
[#5]
If you could move to Central VA you can find work in the work safety, or warehouse manager/fork driver jobs pretty easily.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:55:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Seatbelts:
If you could move to Central VA you can find work in the work safety, or warehouse manager/fork driver jobs pretty easily.
View Quote

Wegman's distribution center in Ashland is looking for warehouse supervision, forklift operators and the like.  The company pays well and has excellent benefits.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:17:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Tipsovr:

Wegman's distribution center in Ashland is looking for warehouse supervision, forklift operators and the like.  The company pays well and has excellent benefits.
View Quote

Thank you I will look into that.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:26:59 PM EDT
[#8]
I took a chunk of my 401K of an older employer to stay solvent... Wow taxes and fees crushed my account. However the good news I didn't mess my credit up, and spend money on lawyers... Is it a wash? I'm thinking it might be.

Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:38:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Dboy11:
Why don't you try and get on with mastec or dominion with those creds?  I know mastec is doing all the work for the new wind stuff in Virginia Beach.  

Also, there would be a lot of security companies in the area that would love to have you.
View Quote

I'm not trying to be a jerk, seriously thank you for the suggestion.  Unfortunately the civilian acceptance of work with wires draped across the entire side of the building with random holes drilled through the walls wherever sensors are needed is not good with me.

One cut the whole system is down. Wireless?  Google taking down a wireless security camera.

Thank you Buddy, those security company's would fire me for being to honest
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 5:52:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Have you looked at Harbor Electric / Harbor Construction - you sound like you have many of the skillsets they need.

If you need a contact shoot me a PM.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 7:10:43 AM EDT
[#11]
Check out VITA (Virginia Information Technology Agency) < I think that’s what it stands for.

https://www.vita.virginia.gov/about/careers/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top