Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 12:41:44 PM EDT
Seeking advice/recommendation on LGS that have good reloading departments.

Tried the web search  process and got a null result.

The two largest stores in Hoover (HTF and Mark's) don't seem to have anything.

100 mile radius from BHAM would be great.

TIA.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Simmons in Bessemer is the only LGS I am aware of with any reloading supplies.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 9:59:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Van's Sporting Goods in Cullman
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 2:47:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Alabama Ammo, about 15 miles west of Decatur; about 4 miles east of Moulton on Hwy 24.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#4]
In Huntsville there’s Cabela’s, Larry’s (primers only), and Mr Big Guns($$ and usually limited selection).  

Why drive so far?  Powder valley, etc. are cheaper and much easier to get exactly what you want.  
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:45:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Morgan321:Why drive so far?  Powder valley, etc. are cheaper and much easier to get exactly what you want.  
View Quote

+1 just placed an order with them and the difference in lower prices and saving the gas makes up for the hazmat fee in my case.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:16:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BELinMA] [#6]
I feel like I'm chasing a unicorn because no web site(s) has what I want in stock, so I'm hoping an LGS may still have some.  The news I saw the other day reported that Alliant had notified all their wholesale accounts that their orders were cancelled and there would be no fulfillment for the foreseeable future due to a worldwide shortage of nitrocellulose.  Oh, and it's not like I'm looking to buy something unusual - just trying to find some RL-19 to feed my 300WSM.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 11:53:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
Alabama Ammo, about 15 miles west of Decatur; about 4 miles east of Moulton on Hwy 24.
View Quote

They’re still in business? Their property looked abandoned last time I drove by about a year ago.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By zaitsev44:

They're still in business? Their property looked abandoned last time I drove by about a year ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

They're still in business? Their property looked abandoned last time I drove by about a year ago.
I have no idea; I haven't been by there since I moved from AL 10 years or so ago.  My son and I used to drive by there all the time hog hunting in the Bankhead NF just SW of there.  I *believe* I got my 45-70 reloading dies from them.  GE still shows them there and it's image doesn't show it abandoned, at least AFIK tell.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:23:35 PM EDT
[#9]

They’re still in business? Their property looked abandoned last time I drove by about a year ago.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Dont know about a storefront but I see them at the AGCA gun shows.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:41:44 AM EDT
[#10]
vans in cullman. i bought powder yesterday
Mr big guns in HSV.
Larrys in Madison had primers last week.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 9:42:16 AM EDT
[#11]

View Quote

i live close. havent seen a car there in years.
Link Posted: 5/29/2024 1:45:56 PM EDT
[#12]
<----- My son and I operate Iron City Arsenal and we've been trying to stock reloading supplies for the last 18 months but we can't get a complete stocking order from anyone on the items we need. It's always one item or the other that is out of stock from primers, powder, brass, bullets or any of the dies and actual machines. It's gotten so bad on that end we have decided to not stock any reloading supplies of any type.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top