Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2024 11:08:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C10]
Are we allowed to campaign here? If not, mods please remove.

If you live in Washington County District 1, we NEED votes for Jenny Kamprath for Commissioner.

I know her and have been lending a hand. She's solid.

Nafisa Fai has got to go. I have also dealt with her, personally.

If you search back my posts, there's a lot of detail about bum camps being erected in residential neighborhoods - particularly ours. I rant... but it's information that needs to get out there. Our neighborhood in Aloha has been fighting this for over a year, and they finally put in the "low barrier" (no background checks) camp this February. This one was a joint project between the ultra-woke United Methodist Church and Washington County. They've also done it or are doing it to others. Nobody involved in the project will take responsibility for any of the issues that we are constantly bringing to their attention - the stuff we said would happen, but were told was misinformation. Just one incident of many - we've already had to deal with a violent sex offender being housed there without notifying the neighborhood as per the law.

Our current board of commissioners consistently and unanimously votes YES on everything that hurts taxpayers and props up DEI, including locating swaths of Portland's overflowing mess into unincorporated Washington County. This has been despite massive and public opposition from our neighborhood - we've been on the news quite a few times.

We have tried to approach Commissioner Fai and the Board with logic and appeal to her sense of humanity. She has none. I even have her on recording saying to our faces that the concerns of her constituents fall second to her own feelings.
Please help us take out the trash. Our neighborhood - and eventually yours - cannot afford any more of this.

One commissioner won't make an immediate difference - the vote will still be 1 NO and 4 YES on everything... But it will show that the people are done with this shit. At least District 1 will finally have a voice in our local government. Kamprath has taken a serious interest in our situation, and though her bio in the voter's guide reads a bit dry and neutral, she is a solid conservative who will not stand for the wrecking of our neighborhoods.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Doesn't hurt to remind people that many county and city positions are determined during the primary, not in November.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:12:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Indeed, and the job of righting this ship starts with your local government!
Link Posted: 5/22/2024 8:26:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C10] [#3]
Well, we tried. But 60% of voters are fine with what's going on.

Aloha may not survive the next four years as the lion's share of Washington County's vagrants (the vast majority of whom come from elsewhere) are dumped all over our nice little neighborhoods.

I can't wrap my head around how someone - Fai -  who originally came here fleeing an oppressive, third-world shit-hole is so invested in turning her new home into one. Most of the immigrants I've met and/or work with understand how precious and fragile our freedom is. More than most American-born citizens, even. And they are contributors to society, not evil lying thieves who smile as they strike you down like our county reps are. Upside-down clown world.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 9:32:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Normal people who a concerned about their communities will NEVER understand the actions of a politician. Its like trying to understand a mass murderer, our brains don’t work that way so we can’t comprehend their actions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top