Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2021 8:38:09 PM EDT
I am the new owner of a 1993 Yahoo! 18.5 Sportfisher.  The boat specs say it has a live bait well. I don’t know what to look for. What does it do and what should I be looking for.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:52:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxxz] [#1]
Its basically an icebox sized pit in the boat that fills with water. Usually in/under the floor of the boat. Usually has a pump to circulate the water outside the boat through it. Keeps your bait and caught fish fresh and alive.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you!  I found the box at the stern of the boat but there is no pump or hoses to or from the box.  Three holes in the box.
Bottom - drain I think
Middle (largest) - pump suction?
Top - discharge from pump?
Is there supposed to be an inlet for more water?
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:36:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Foxxz] [#3]
I should have said SOMETIMES they have a pump. It depends on the boat but what you described where its just a hole or hose that connects to the hull to allow water in is also common. You probably have hookups on the well to allow for the addition of pumps. I don't own a boat. I've just been on several boats that have had them

Be sure to remove all your fish BEFORE you take the boat out of the water. You will regularly hear tales of fishermen who have forgotten this only to find a putrid mess in there days and weeks later!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top