See bottom of Page.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:05:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:10:37 PM EDT
[#3]
What problem is this solving?  

Wouldn’t it just be best to get a socket bit for a drill/impact and use the sockets you already have?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:13:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:26:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By The_Beer_Slayer:

they have some limited use. lets you carry more in a smaller kit. but to use with a ratchet you need an extender which make them longer and due to the design makes them shallow.

assuming the klein are the same design as mine.
View Quote

So do the sockets have a square 1/4 machined inside?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:39:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I put together a new tool bag last summer, bought into all these flip screwdrivers and things. To be honest, I hate it. I understand it allows you to carry fewer tools and I can see a reason for it. But I get tired of flipping and sorting etc. Especially the 17 in 1 screwdrivers. Fuck it, just give the the three I need out of my bag. I end up using 5/16 and 3/8 and phllips and slotted and then maybe a torx on the same piece of equipment.

Still using the Makita socket set on the rubber rail. If that doesn't handle it, then I break out the master set.

If I was backpacking on a hunting trip or something, ok, then I would compromise, but for everyday, I just want the regular tool.

If I'm up high, I don't really want to be kiddie diddling the tool, changing tips either

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 4:50:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By M4-AK:
How does this work out?

Are the sockets adaptable to a ratchet?
View Quote

They work great for what I use them for. Mostly taking covers and dead fronts off panels and switch gear.

Not adaptable for a ratchet.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
If doing a desert race on my ktm, I carry a 8/10mm flip socket w/ fold-able t handle and a pair of pliers/side cutter, can adjust/ replace handle bar controls, and cut wire out of a wheel!!!

When I go into the garage, I put a T handle in each of my slash pockets, each with 3 flip sockets, LOVE them!!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:42:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By electrojk:

They work great for what I use them for. Mostly taking covers and dead fronts off panels and switch gear.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/140663/1000002877-3207221.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How does this work out?

This kit is 1/4 hex and 3/8 square

https://www.acmetools.com/klein-tools-sae%2Fmetric-flip-socket-set-13pc/S0000000009238.html
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:04:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-AK] [#10]
Looks like the new deep socket set box will accept the hex shaft and square drive too.

The sockets are longer.

UPDATED: NEW Klein Tools Impact Flip Sockets KNECT M System - SAE & Metric 65239
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:36:51 AM EDT
[#11]
I have a 1/4 and 3/8 adapter in my dewalt impact  go box and just use normal sockets.  I also can't see what this solution is trying to find a problem for.

Explain to the class so that even the 40 years of experience wrench turners can understand.  Is it fucking magnets or something?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:48:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
I have a 1/4 and 3/8 adapter in my dewalt impact  go box and just use normal sockets.  I also can't see what this solution is trying to find a problem for.

Explain to the class so that even the 40 years of experience wrench turners can understand.  Is it fucking magnets or something?
View Quote

It's a tool made for electricians and HVAC techs, not mechanics. We don't have the luxury of rolling around a tool cart most of the time and tools like these fit nicely in tool pouches and pockets.

Front pocket of my safety vest.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:15:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:35:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Harmonic_Distortion] [#14]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
How does this work out?

The new KNECT system are. Someone posted a video in this thread but I will add it again.

UPDATED: NEW Klein Tools Impact Flip Sockets KNECT M System - SAE & Metric 65239

You can use this set with Klein's pass through ratchet with the included 3/8" drive adapter. That adapter has a 3/8" drive in the end to connect to a standard 3/8' ratchet. On the larger sockets, you can also use a standard 3" long 3/8" extension. The smaller sizes take a 1/4" Impact driver shaft and there's an adapter to attach that to the pass through ratchet as well, should also get you to a 3/8" drive and Klein's 11 in one manual driver.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:29:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: wildearp] [#15]
Now that I watched the video, they look awkward and obnoxious.  I like buying tools that solve a problem, so if they do it for you, mucho gusto!

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Now that I watched the video, they look awkward and obnoxious.  I like buying tools that solve a problem, so if they do it for you, mucho gusto!

View Quote

We will see. Your description looks that way to me too. I bought a set anyway.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 7:57:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: M4-AK] [#17]
My set is in.  The Shaft also works perfectly in the Wera 817R flexible length bit driver.  Also works in the Icon flexible ratchet bit driver.  Within the ratchet opening itself, there is insignificant fore and aft play. With the 1/4 adapter and a bit socket, all play is gone. A shaft of sockets may be a great addition for edc.
Top Top