User Panel

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:57:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:02:14 PM EDT
[#2]
My C7 manual is all the car I need.
The C8's look hideous to me. I have drove one.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

And then there's this behemoth that has 18 gears and two sticks. Part of the allure of driving it is the challenge of mastering the skill of shifting the thing:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/3241/1964B61SX_JPG-2266279.jpg

View Quote

@Wobblin-Goblin

I have driven a number of Macks over the years, including some B series. I was not aware that there was a two stick 18 speed option in them.

These are the B series twin stick options of which I am aware and have driven:

10 speed duplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 2 speed auxiliary box
15 speed triplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 3 speed auxiliary box
20 speed quadruplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 4 speed auxiliary box

None of those total 18 speeds.

I have also driven R Series Macks which did offer an 18 speed single stick transmission, the Mack triple countershaft being my favorite.

Are you certain that the truck you picture has an 18 speed? If so, what is the shift pattern?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:16:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Good buddy has a 23 i got to drive it for a day.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 10:44:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By NachoDip:
The amount of fucking candy ass liberals on here is astounding. Absolutely astounding.

“If I had a car like that I wouldn’t have my license for long”

Jesus fucking Christ. Do you have zero intellect or ability to drive? You literally sound like the neomarxist liberal. “If I had a gun I’d end up shooting people.” Or. “There’s going to be blood in the streets” you sissy’s should go out on your man thing and sit infront of a gloryhole in a random gay bar men’s room and go for a new record.

Even the best supercar you can enjoy the insane 0-60 with out issue. It’s almost as bad as you anti gun people who want to measure every gun as if you’re an ATF informant. Fuck the ATF, fuck Joe Biden and fuck anyone who supports communism and is anti freedom.

Burn rubber, shoot machine guns, fuck your woman like your a god and celebrate who you could be. Not the candyass that you are, we all know you’re nothing till you do something spectacular. Open a bottle of premium scotch. Quit being poor. Buy a new car, then bang your woman over the hood of it. Without a condom as God intended. Celebrate life. Attend a APC hike. Shoot 1000 yards and learn to be proficient. No one starts perfect. We get there with practice. Raise good children. If you have no children. Be the freedom loving roll model to kids that need one.

If you don’t chew big red gum… well. You know the rest.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#6]
Tesla Cybertruck Cyberbeast vs Corvette Z06 // DRAG & ROLL RACE
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:17:30 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By coreseller:

I have not ridden / driven a C8 ZO6 but have a C7 ZO6, it had an auto transmission.  That thing revved up so damn fast I'd have a hard time believing anyone could keep up with a clutch / stick shifting it manually, not kidding.

I am also a dyed in the wool "if it's a sports car it needs a manual" guy but the newer drivetrains are literally different animals, not to mention modern PDK / Dual Clutch transmissions are light years ahead of a turbo 350 from decades back.
View Quote

I had a C7Z06 manual, awesome car.

I had no issue changing gears.  I also drove a manual at Spring Mountain vette school, I had a great, and very fast time.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:28:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Brand new with less than 500??!!!!

Better be brand new with less than 5 on it! That thing has been taken for a “spin” a shitload if it was close to 500
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Got to ride in the passenger seat of a 2023 that was the pace car at the Vettes for Vets in 2022 in Bowling Green.

120Mph on a flat track and that car drove like it was stuck to the pavement with a giant magnet.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By OUSooner:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8CVL8vGXA4
View Quote

light is right, every single time.  what are EVs?  that's right, they're heavy as hell.  one trick ponies with a side of virtue signaling.  and their value drops like the jaw of a woketard at a gun range for a reason-

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:03:16 PM EDT
[#11]
The amount of cope from ICE bois is just amazing,

just own the fact the EV is faster in a straight line. Don't counter with "MuH CorNerS"

Imagine going to a NBA court and telling the players "Man you guys can only shoot baskets but I can DRIBBLE the piss out of the ball"  its just /

The model S plaid that is completely stock drivetrain with aero added. has set the fastest lap time PERIOD at willow springs. and it went against the Z06 and the Z06 with a PRO driver was slower than a complete shlub amateur in the plaid.

Once ICE people get over the vroom vroom sounds that make their PP feel big they will realize racing is going to be EV, weather we like it or not.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:07:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: xd341] [#12]
Originally Posted By Carpangler:

just own the fact the EV is faster in a straight line. Don't counter with "MuH CorNerS"

Imagine going to a NBA court and telling the players "Man you guys can only shoot baskets but I can DRIBBLE the piss out of the ball"  its just /

The model S plaid that is completely stock drivetrain with aero added. has set the fastest lap time PERIOD at willow springs. and it went against the Z06 and the Z06 with a PRO driver was slower than a complete shlub amateur in the plaid.

Once ICE people get over the vroom vroom sounds that make their PP feel big they will realize racing is going to be EV, weather we like it or not.
View Quote
OK. A hellcat is faster in a straight line than say a Z06.   Those of us with some knowledge understand that the purpose of a Z06 isn't drag times. Never has been going all the way back to 60s where the RPO code originated to provide homologated cars for SCCA road racing.

It's not cope, you're just too ignorant to understand.

Take a factory model s plaid and run it against a factory Z06.  Or run the aero car against a C8R with all the aero and the same horse power as the Z06.

Aero makes a massive difference. What you see as an insignificant detail is actually a big deal, again, ignorance.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:12:08 PM EDT
[#13]
It’s not just the car you have to pay for it’s the wardrobe investment.  Jorts, new balance shoes, mid-calf socks, etc.  It really adds up.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By xd341:
OK. A hellcat is faster in a straight line than say a Z06.   Those of us with some knowledge understand that the purpose of a Z06 isn't drag times. Never has been going all the way back to 60s where the RPO code originated to provide homologated cars for SCCA road racing.

Take a factory model s plaid and run it against a factory Z06.  Or run the aero car against a C8R with all the aero and the same horse power as the Z06.

Aero makes a massive difference. What you see as an insignificant detail is actually a big deal, again, ignorance.
View Quote

Progression of ZO6 fans in this thread:

1) OMG the Zo6 is so fast!!!
2) someone comes in and says well it doesn't have a manual so it cant be a true sportscar
3) Zo6 fans say lol you loser MT guys, the auto is faster and thats all that matters!!!
4) EV guys come in and say say a plaid will lay waste to it
5) Zo6 guys get flustered and say you're ignorant!!! its not just about speed its about the whole driving experience!!! which is exactly what the MT fans said before you hypocritically shit on them
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:19:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dkm455] [#15]
Originally Posted By xd341:

View Quote

You're exactly right. If you're drag racing a Z06 you're simply using the wrong tool for the job. Get a Demon for drag racing - or build something. Then you can go Plaid hunting.

Can you drag race a Z06? Sure. But it's kind of like digging a hole with a hammer. It'll do it, but there are much better tools to use.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:22:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Do they still have the giant wall between the driver and passenger that is topped with switches?

AKA the blowjob preventer
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:30:20 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By jettcity1:
Life is short and your golden years are going to be flying by.
I woke up in a hospital bed in 2021 and when I got out, I went to my local Chevrolet dealership and got on the waiting list in June of'22.
While you folks are complaining about the cost, resale value , stick shifts and everything else, I am driving My 2023 C-8 LT2 Z-51 Coupe.
I am going to be 62 this Summer and I'll wear white tennis shoes and jean shorts every day if I want to.
If you really want to check out an amazing car, Corvette C-8 is the ticket and the Z-06 is the ultimate USA supercar by far.
I went to Kentucky and drove Mine home last year, best thing I have done in a very long time.
Go get your 'Vette, they are more high performance than most people realize.
I have 5,000 miles on mine and it is a truly amazing car.
The American workers in Bowling Green are doing Gods work producing a C-8 every 8 minutes, I stood there and saw it happen before My very eyes.
Go get one, do it now.
View Quote

Either folks get it or they don’t.  I had a 12 second C5 20 years ago and my current C7 is all I need and I really enjoy the manual.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:30:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By fraglord:

Progression of ZO6 fans in this thread:

1) OMG the Zo6 is so fast!!!
2) someone comes in and says well it doesn't have a manual so it cant be a true sportscar
3) Zo6 fans say lol you loser MT guys, the auto is faster and thats all that matters!!!
4) EV guys come in and say say a plaid will lay waste to it
5) Zo6 guys get flustered and say you're ignorant!!! its not just about speed its about the whole driving experience!!! which is exactly what the MT fans said before you hypocritically shit on them
View Quote
I was the MT fan there boss.

Nice effort though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:40:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm an asshole.
I'm quite gifted at it actuality.

Some of you make it a fucking art form.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:41:12 PM EDT
[#20]

View Quote

EVs are absolutely faster in a straight line.

I really don’t care though. There is more to a car than literally one performance metric. That’s the part the “EV bois” don’t seem to get.

The Tesla vs Z06 video you are referencing isn’t quite as you described. The Tesla was modified in pretty much every possible way… aero, suspension, brakes, tires, light weight windows. That “Dark Helmet” car is basically a stripped down race car. Couldn’t even drive it on most roads with that massive splitter.  Comparing a race car to a stock street car doesn’t make much sense.  If it wasn’t faster there would be something seriously wrong.

Everything is eventually going EV. Or at least hybrid. It is what it is. Hopefully the tech improves to the point where EVs aren’t all so heavy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:46:43 PM EDT
[#21]

View Quote

That's nice, Honey.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:21:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By jettcity1:
Life is short and your golden years are going to be flying by.
I woke up in a hospital bed in 2021 and when I got out, I went to my local Chevrolet dealership and got on the waiting list in June of'22.
While you folks are complaining about the cost, resale value , stick shifts and everything else, I am driving My 2023 C-8 LT2 Z-51 Coupe.
I am going to be 62 this Summer and I'll wear white tennis shoes and jean shorts every day if I want to.
If you really want to check out an amazing car, Corvette C-8 is the ticket and the Z-06 is the ultimate USA supercar by far.
I went to Kentucky and drove Mine home last year, best thing I have done in a very long time.
Go get your 'Vette, they are more high performance than most people realize.
I have 5,000 miles on mine and it is a truly amazing car.
The American workers in Bowling Green are doing Gods work producing a C-8 every 8 minutes, I stood there and saw it happen before My very eyes.
Go get one, do it now.
View Quote

You are killing me, OP.  I was just looking at a new vette a week ago online and told my wife I want one for my retirement gift to myself.  Worked hard all my life and I would love to enjoy driving around in my white vette with a t-shirt, jeans, and NB shoes.  Ha!

Well, at least I can dream....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:32:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By victorgonzales:
I consider it the first real American production supercar.  It's badass.
View Quote

Vector W8 (1989-1993)

Saleen S7 (2000-2009)

Ford GT (2004-2006, 2016-2022)

Would all like a word with you
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Was watching videos of the z06 exhaust last night, what a wonderful sound. The looks just don’t do it for me though for some reason.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:54:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:58:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By OSUBeaver:
Very cool car OP.  I hope you enjoy the heck out of it.

I think a lot of people (not saying you) don't understand driving a car truly fast is not that easy if you don't do it all the time.  Example below.  Whoever signed off on letting that jackass in the vette drive by himself needs kicked in the nuts:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn4w8DlPBx0
View Quote

Man I love motorcycle trackdays so much more... no point to pass.  Especially guys like that C8 driver,  just pass them on the outside as the overbrake into a corner
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:01:13 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Lets have an endurance race, with "Muh CorNerS"...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:36:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wobblin-Goblin] [#28]
Originally Posted By viator:
I have driven a number of Macks over the years, including some B series. I was not aware that there was a two stick 18 speed option in them.

These are the B series twin stick options of which I am aware and have driven:

10 speed duplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 2 speed auxiliary box
15 speed triplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 3 speed auxiliary box
20 speed quadruplex - a 5 speed main box plus a 4 speed auxiliary box

None of those total 18 speeds.

I have also driven R Series Macks which did offer an 18 speed single stick transmission, the Mack triple countershaft being my favorite.

Are you certain that the truck you picture has an 18 speed? If so, what is the shift pattern?
View Quote

According to Mack, it's an 18 speed.

The truck in question is a '64 B61SX with a 711 (now a 237) and the Quad.

@viator
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:45:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Awesome cars and awesome value for the money.  I almost bought one.

In the end I spend more and wanted a german car with a back seat and AWD.

I'm glad I passed on it.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:33:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

https://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.S4NG71FJvO8x0s1Pn2L6mwHaEU&pid=Api&P=0&h=220

According to Mack, it's an 18 speed.

The truck in question is a '64 B61SX with a 711 (now a 237) and the Quad.

@viator
View Quote

Thanks. It's been so long since I drove one (since the 1970s), that my memory was fuzzy. We started running R models in the late 1960s and beyond. I think they came out with the Granite models next.

Lots of transmissions had "dead" gears in them that could not be used in sequence. For example, the twin stick or air shift Spicer 4 x 4. It had 16 speeds, but only 13 could easily be used in sequence.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:38:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: iveseenalittleontv] [#31]
those EVs are great.  twice as heavy, a fraction of the range and convenience.  and all that freedom should have limits.  

Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top