User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:18:09 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Agilt:

I think you underestimate suburban women.
View Quote
Well maybe. When it's part of my job to look at floors though, it opens me up to bias. Pretty much everybody that goes above and beyond shit tier vinyl sheet flooring goes with LVP. If they brag to me, they'd just be bragging about conforming to the latest trend. That being said, I don't personally dislike it. I just don't consider it fancy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:23:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Obo2:
It's what I'll use next time i do a hard surface floor. Easy as hell to install and tear out and holds up better.

Sure a real wood floor looks slightly better (many lvps are very close) but once it's scratched to shit the lvp looks better.
View Quote

LOL.  Real wood floors look like real wood floors.  LVP always looks like flat plastic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:32:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SteelonSteel] [#3]
Originally Posted By odiedodi:
Well maybe. When it's part of my job to look at floors though, it opens me up to bias. Pretty much everybody that goes above and beyond shit tier vinyl sheet flooring goes with LVP. If they brag to me, they'd just be bragging about conforming to the latest trend. That being said, I don't personally dislike it. I just don't consider it fancy.
View Quote

Agreed.   I am biased toward old school aesthetics.  I see people rip out excellent condition classic kitchens to go with trendy new counters, new black cabinets, with the ubiquitous rectangle tile thing with the mix of clear glass pieces.  They wanted it to be different.   They had nice looking medium stained oak cabinets that I like a lot.  I have mid grade similar cabinets in my place and wish the original owner of my place used the better grade my friend had.  The fronts on mine look good but the carcasses are meh especially the cabinets with adjustable shelving.  The shelf pin holes get wallowed out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#4]
Natural stone is best, large ceramic tile is second.

O.P. should feel ashamed for not including superior materials in the poll.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:35:48 AM EDT
[#5]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is my main point, not that it's a bad product, it's just the name that's wrong. Lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:36:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Hatari:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:37:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By jb31:
I had hickory put in.  Harder than oak.  It helps keep scratches away and looks good.
View Quote

This is what I put in.  Hand scraped Hickory.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:38:06 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Hatari:

View Quote

Slate stone is pretty common here as it’s locally quarried.  Shit is slippery as hell.  Lots of folks here use it outdoors, I cannot tell you how many times I’ve slipped on the stuff, winter or other season.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:39:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Our house came with a carpeted dining room, WTF puts carpet in a dining room? We are going to replace it with LVP once we save up some funds.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:40:46 AM EDT
[#10]

Nice and I like the tone.  Too often the modern trend is making all hickory grey like barn board or too dark.  

I had a friend that redid his old farmhouse floors in butternut.  It looked fantastic in tones and grain but it was softer than oak.  He milled the wood himself off the farm so the price was right.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:40:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I hate LVP... I'd rather have a high quality laminate or really anything other than carpet
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:43:03 AM EDT
[#12]
I was raised in a house with wood floors.  Every year mom would strip the paste wax off them. Dad would go around with a sodering iron and a wet rag to take out the dings, then plastic wood to fix the scratches, finally restain with a tiny paint brush.  The next day, mom would wax and buff them.

Fuck that shit.  I have LVP flooring in my house.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:45:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ManMan:
I hate LVP... I'd rather have a high quality laminate or really anything other than carpet
View Quote

Yeah, I'd rather roll out laminate than click together 500 LVP tiles.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:46:39 AM EDT
[#14]
I own a flooring business.  Its a good product if you buy quality lvp.  not home shithole crap.

I prefer real wood and tile in my home.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:57:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AeroE] [#15]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:04:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By 4l65e:

This is my main point, not that it's a bad product, it's just the name that's wrong. Lol
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I certainly 100% agree with that.

I was just saying that a lot of women live on labels, and you label something LUXURY, and they’re all on that, even if it’s just the newer version of linoleum.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:14:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glock63] [#17]

Yeah, I'd rather roll out laminate than click together 500 LVP tiles.
View Quote

Laminate is trash.  Quality lvp is far, far superior in every regard.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By explodingvarmints:

I just built my house last year and all but 2 rooms in the house have hardwood.  I love the look and the feel but man oh man the scuffing and scratching is driving me nuts.  Even had a hardener applied when they finished them.
View Quote

Hardwood is great for people who don't actually live in the house.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:17:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
LVP is better for dogs kids and water.

It’s worse for looks and feel.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:38:26 PM EDT
[#20]
I live in AZ. We went with LVP and Engineered wood in other rooms because real hardwood warps in the heat.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:39:47 PM EDT
[#21]
I love LVP, I've installed a bunch of it, especially the really thick Cali Vinyl stuff.  It's quiet, waterproof and always looks brand new.

I do like tile in warmer climates, love how it always feels cool.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:45:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:20:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlackTaco] [#23]
Real or engineered for primary home, LVP for rentals.

Engineered has held up great for us over the last 7 years. Love the non-fake look. 2 different dogs and a few kids. There are a few marks from where a painting fell off the wall from 12ft up, a few sharp knife indents, but that’s about it. Zero scratches from dog nails.

Attachment Attached File

Our old house we turned into a rental had real Hickory floors - absolutely gorgeous, but were horribly soft and ruined quickly. Absolutely do not recommend.

Attachment Attached File

Our new rental has LVP, it doesn’t look bad from pics, up close in person you can tell what it is. I definitely wouldn’t put real or engineered in a rental property.
Attachment Attached File

We also have an Airbnb in Scottsdale, and every inch of the house is tile that looks like wood. It’s been perfect so far.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Got some pictures from the builder today... I think the LVP looks great!

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:42:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thunderw21] [#25]
Hardwood or engineered hardwood for me. I hate the look and feel of vinyl. Vinyl can be used in many applications with no issue, but don't use it if you're trying to make an area beautiful. Vinyl just cheapens everything else. Use vinyl for its utility.

Our house we recently built. Hardwood on the 1st floor, engineered hardwood on the 2nd floor. The hardwood was much thicker, heavier, and harder to install while the engineered hardwood was thinner, lighter, and easier to install. Both look, feel amazing, are tough, and is they scratch they still look like wood..

1st floor hardwood:

2nd floor engineered hardwood:
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#26]
I remember Granna stripping and waxing the wood floors at their Farmhouse.
It was a lotta work.
We have the fancy Vinyl Flooring but I really like the real wood flooring.
For us Vinyl is best...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#27]
Fake is fake. Real is real. You will never see hardwood trying to look like vinyl.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:59:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By UTex86:
LVP is better for dogs kids and water.

It’s worse for looks and feel.
View Quote

Correct. I have dogs and kids, and when you have both of those, you get water on the floor. I would love hardwood, but I’m installing LVP because my crew would wreck hardwood within a couple years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:01:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By BloodRaven:
LVP is good for kitchens and bathrooms where water intrusion is a higher risk. And while some of the styles are a LOT better than when it first hit the market, I still prefer actual hardwood floors over anything else.

And now, story time...

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
That sounds like the dude here who built a bunker type house with almost no windows or doors.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:43:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By -Kyuss-:
17 dogs and a cat, yeah, LVP in this house. I laid hardwood in the last house but at that time it was one dog and a cat, no kids and looked fucking fantastic.
View Quote

WTF

Let me guess the cat ruled over them all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
There is nothing luxury about vinyl.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/41996/03f4018817_jpg-2517957-2843960.jpg

I have 100% porcelain tile in my ranch house.  Although I don't call it luxury ceramic, it it is most certainly more luxury than bullshit vinyl stuck on mdf planks.
View Quote

Well porcelain cannot be luxury ceramic because porcelain is not ceramic.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#32]
I've been replacing all the carpet with Pergo .

I think it looks great amd it's affordable for normal people

Attachment Attached File
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Top Top