Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5588 of 5589)
Page / 5589
You Must Be Logged In To Vote

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 12:29:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:25:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By centex_SR-15:
@Fund_GARISSON
I got the flag back from the framer.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/260794/IMG_1921-3206659.jpg
View Quote

Wow! Cool!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 1:33:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ServusVeritatis] [#3]
Originally Posted By GBTX01:
View Quote

Why is it famous? This crew been committing murder longer than the others?

I’m just glad they’ve finally been executed for it in the prime of their life.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:02:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Where is the new thread?

Why's the thread being carried by a Russian psyops guy recently? What has transpired?
View Quote
I have just been ignoring him for now.

And I hope there wasn't a new thread started. This one is legendary
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By DKUltra:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DKUltra:
Originally Posted By Shockergd:
Where is the new thread?

Why's the thread being carried by a Russian psyops guy recently? What has transpired?

It is a thread with a different all encompassing scope. I honestly don't have the energy to worry about it just yet. I never really had a problem with discussions about the politics that affect this war, but hey.... diverse moderation makes us stronger.

We're getting hit with KABs pretty regularly here. There has definitely been an increase since the new aid packages were delivered/announced.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:23:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MKSheppard] [#6]

Russia's not yet quite out of AFVs yet, but the bottom of the barrel is in sight.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:42:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:
Analisys of the 'Ukrainians Burning Effigy of Trump' skit that was promoted here last week.

While I have no idea how the pronunciation angle works but it wouldn't be the first time Russia pulled a skit like that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EF67y5mS9Kc
View Quote

Freedom of speech, anyone?  Let the Ukranian unit commander handle it, IF it was really Ukranian soldiers.

It reminds me of a joke from the Vietnam (or Korea, or WW2 or?).  A US soldier lost his life after devising a way to cause the enemy to give away their positions.  He would yell, "Ho Chi Minh is a M'f'r".  The enemy would react noisily, and the US units would inflict heavy casualties.  He tried this one too many times, and a voice on the Viet Cong side replied, "LBJ is an SOB".  When the US guy stood up to shake hands in agreement, he was run over by a truck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:14:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:14:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Really sad to see this thread get kicked to the curb. It's weird that so many up and jumped ship at the same time. This is the only online thread I read daily.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:25:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By TiePilot69:
Really sad to see this thread get kicked to the curb. It's weird that so many up and jumped ship at the same time. This is the only online thread I read daily.
View Quote

It is.
It was a long time coming, with a lot of discussions with a lot of people.

Ultimately it was a new thread without the special rules or quit completely.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:59:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#12]
Originally Posted By Prime:

It is.

View All Quotes

It is.

This thread was surrendered to the Russians.    
And the worst part is, the links they are posting, are so infected, they make the whole thread glitchy and unstable.  
The other thread doesn’t have the daily tallies, and doesn’t have interesting videos.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:01:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BillofRights:

This thread was surrendered to the Russians.    
And the worst part is, the links he’s posting are so infected, they make the whole thread glitchy and unstable.  
The other thread doesn’t have the daily tallies, and doesn’t have interesting videos.
View Quote

The other thread has the tallies plus videos that would have been here and more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:03:02 PM EDT
[#14]
The process of destroying a Ukrainian BEC with missiles by fire from a machine gunner from the landing compartment of a Ka-29 helicopter.
At first, the boat was immobilized, after which one of the bullets caused the detonation of the R-73 missile located above.

Footage of the use of two Chinese Desertcross-1000 all-terrain vehicles to transport infantry to storm a Ukrainian stronghold.

Under the cover of fire and a smoke screen, two vehicles successfully reached the dismount line, unloaded the squad and turned back, and the infantry began attacking enemy positions.

In the Bakhmut direction, 240-mm self-propelled mortars 2S4 "Tulpan" destroyed an important bridge across the Seversky Donets - Donbass canal. The next day, the Ukrainian Armed Forces wanted to fill up the crater, but the dump truck was discovered by quadcopter operators from the 98th Guards Airborne Division and burned with grenades.

The crew of the 240-mm self-propelled mortar 2S4 "Tulpan" works with adjustable mines at the positions of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in Chasov Yar.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:08:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Dropping Grenades into Russian Bunkers:

Russians Looking for Cover Behind Disabled APC:

Drone Strikes on Russian Lines:

Destruction of the MUROM-P long-range visual surveillance system and the field:

Donetsk region. Footage of the work of police paramedics in the first minutes:

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:01:59 PM EDT
[#16]
It was relatively quiet today, but I feel with victory day coming up things will change. Apparently the Shaheds are coming from Dnipro to us in Kharkiv now. Earlier was a mention of TU-95s flying around. Possible launch in the early hours.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:23:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: nraheston] [#17]
A heart-to-heart talk with an Abrams tank:

Ukrainians are fleeing from Arkhangelskoye, some are being blown up by Ukrainian mines.

The video shows massive shelling in Krasnohorivka near Donetsk.

The crew of the Russian infantry fighting vehicle embarked on a slippery slope:

Ukrainian Marine Drone Crew hitting a Russian "Safehouse"

Russian APC takes a direct hit and flames out:

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:40:39 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By iggy1337:

Oh most definitly freedom op speech but if it was activly spread and turned up here in a dedicated thread it's interesting to say the least.

View Quote

If UA soldiers really burned up an effigy of Trump (I have doubts) then it was likely instigated by someone from the US. "Hey, did you guys hear how Trump is pro-Russia and wants to cut all aid to Ukraine?" Which is false but I dont think we are allowed to mention politics in this thread so.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:48:46 AM EDT
[#19]

It is.

View Quote

I'm glad both threads are up and running and I personally check both. I guess this thread became the strictly news about Ukraine thread while the other is more encompassing covering seemingly unrelated news and info of other conflicts and the associated politics behind it. Basically like a WWII thread that also covers the news about Italy, Japan, and the other allies of Germany.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:55:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By burnka871:

The other thread has the tallies plus videos that would have been here and more.
View Quote

Yup. But also news about other conflicts and politics that is easy to scroll passed.

In my WWII analogy, this thread is strictly about Germany .vs Russia while the other thread also talks about what Japan, Italy, England, the USA, etc. are doing in the broad context of the war AND how they are connected.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:49:55 AM EDT
[#21]
Russians Bail From Speeding Golf Cart to avoid an Incoming Drone:

Ukrainians Firing an Italian-Made 105mm Intermediate Artillery Gun:

CV9040C IFVs of AFU are training somewhere in Ukraine:

"Bradley" of the 47th OMBr close-up shoots the landing with the Russian soldiers in the Ocheretyne area.

Rescuers eliminate the consequences of a Russian missile attack in the Kyiv region:

For a month, the Active Actions Unit of the Defence Intelligence of Ukraine "KRAKEN" stands in defense of Chasiv Yar:

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:33:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: guns762] [#22]
[Deleted]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:12:04 PM EDT
[#23]

It is.

View All Quotes

It is.

I understand the reasoning, but this thread has been one of the few things that kept me here after the decline of the site.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#24]
I will still check this thread, if nothing else to keep track of Easterner!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:58:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By FontanaHorseman:
View Quote
He is posting in the new thread.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:09:15 PM EDT
[#26]
Caught between a tank and a hardplace...
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:12:36 PM EDT
[#27]
View Quote

I don't think he even hit the brakes.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:21:51 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Appreciate the thoughts sir!

Unfortunately with the new unit, we can't say too much. All I can say is we cause a lot of problems for rossians, and help a lot of other guys do the same.

We are going to the range very soon before leave. I am taking my camera for some thank you pics/videos. There will also be an assortment of things we want to shoot or haven't shot.

We are hiring too. If you want to come and join us, the door is open. The only catch is, as of May 18th, all new contracts are going to be 6 month minimum service. Previously foreigners could come and go at will. A lot of guys came here for glory and found out the hard way this isn't a video game.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Easterner:

Unfortunately with the new unit, we can't say too much. All I can say is we cause a lot of problems for rossians, and help a lot of other guys do the same.

We are going to the range very soon before leave. I am taking my camera for some thank you pics/videos. There will also be an assortment of things we want to shoot or haven't shot.

We are hiring too. If you want to come and join us, the door is open. The only catch is, as of May 18th, all new contracts are going to be 6 month minimum service. Previously foreigners could come and go at will. A lot of guys came here for glory and found out the hard way this isn't a video game.
View All Quotes

Yeah, I bet a lot of folks weren't ready for the graphics, the noise, and the fact the game goes on for months at a time!
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:09:26 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

T34-85 or IS2?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:56:08 PM EDT
[#31]
View All Quotes

I agree. Don't mind the Iran, North Korea and middle east stuff but those belong to a different thread. This one is dedicated to the war in Europe.

I wonder how or if that will change things. If it will decrease people who sign up. I'm also wondering what happens if someone does try to leave earlier. Pay withheld, or prison?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:20:13 AM EDT
[#32]
Russians straighten a Leopard to make it look sad.

The Leopard has reached Moscow!

Another video of a Russian turtle tank with a mine trawl attached to it:

Combat work of FPV drone operators from the Zarya battalion:

Rescuers of Sumy oblast helped evacuate residents of the border area:

Dnipropetrovsk region. In the morning, Russian troops struck Nikopol:

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 7:24:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Five Shahed drones were destroyed by border guards overnight in the Odesa region:

Tonight, Russians struck the Mykolaiv region:

Police evacuated an elderly couple with pets from Stepnohirsk:

Border guards destroyed several Russian shelters in the Serebryansk forest with a Vampire attack bomber

Ukrainian Bradley Fires On Advancing Infantry:

Russian Soldier Picks Up a Fallen Ukrainian Drone:

Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:08:42 AM EDT
[#34]
Link to new thread?
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Link to new thread?
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Russia-Iran-China-The-New-Axis-Megathread/5-2721222/
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 10:50:00 AM EDT
[#36]
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By burnka871:
Originally Posted By LoBrau:
Link to new thread?

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Russia-Iran-China-The-New-Axis-Megathread/5-2721222/

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:31:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:37:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Russia launches missile, drone and artillery strikes on Kharkiv amid signs Putin looks to grab Ukraine's second-biggest city.

Video

Link
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:48:30 PM EDT
[#39]
They have artillery directly hitting Kharkiv now? They are that close?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 1:57:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By MKSheppard:

https://i.imgur.com/Ke1VXXb.png
https://i.imgur.com/XxVGWDq.png

Russia's not yet quite out of AFVs yet, but the bottom of the barrel is in sight.
View Quote

Thanks!  Let’s hope the newest aid package helps us and the eu finally get to the bottom of that barrel.  

Maybe at that point Ivan will finally go home.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 2:08:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
View Quote

They have always been that close, the border is only 30km. They had forces inside Kharkiv within an hour of the kick off. It should have been a big fucking clue to Russia that the invasion wasnt going to happen like they expected when it held.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:22:22 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By bigstick61:
View Quote

The Kharkiv oblast goes up to the border. The city/suburbs itself is just barely out of range of conventional artillery. In the city we can hear the MLRS grad rockets and artillery pounding the outskirts. The city itself is subjected to Shaheds, recon drones, S400s, glide bombs, and aviation occasionally. Kharkiv is a hot place to be.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 9:35:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: MFP_4073] [#43]

The Kharkiv oblast goes up to the border. The city/suburbs itself is just barely out of range of conventional artillery. In the city we can hear the MLRS grad rockets and artillery pounding the outskirts. The city itself is subjected to Shaheds, recon drones, S400s, glide bombs, and aviation occasionally. Kharkiv is a hot place to be.
View Quote

sounds like a push is happening there
---------------------------------------

Ukraine war latest: Russia launches new offensive targeting Kharkiv Oblast

https://kyivindependent.com/ukraine-war-latest-russia-launches-new-offensive-targeting-kharkiv-oblast/

Key developments on May 10:

Zelensky: Russia launches new offensive in Kharkiv Oblast

Media: Fighting ongoing near several Kharkiv Oblast villages, Russia storming Pletenivka

Military: Russia unsuccessfully tries to break through in Donetsk, Luhansk oblasts

Commander: 'Critical phase' in Russia's war to come in next 2 months

Biden approves $400 million defense aid package for Ukraine

Source: Military intelligence drones strike oil refinery in Russia's Kaluga Oblast

President Volodymyr Zelensky announced on May 10 that Russian forces had begun a new offensive operation targeting Kharkiv Oblast.

"Russia began a new wave of offensive actions in (Kharkiv's) direction. Ukraine met (Russian forces) there with our troops, brigades, and artillery," Zelensky said during the press briefing with Slovak President Zuzana Caputova in Kyiv.

Moscow recently intensified attacks against Kharkiv amid reports that Russia might plan to attack the city as part of a wider offensive in the coming months.

The Defense Ministry earlier in the day reported that the Russian military attempted a breakthrough of Ukraine's line of defense in Kharkiv Oblast.

Zelensky said that Russian troops could mobilize assault units further in the region. The president added that the Ukrainian command had known about a potential offensive in this direction and had been preparing.

"Now, there is a fierce battle going on in (Kharkiv's) direction," Zelensky said.

As of 1:30 p.m. local time, at least two people were killed, and five were injured amid intense Russian attacks in Kharkiv Oblast.

Russian forces attempted to break through Ukrainian defense lines at around 5 a.m. local time, according to the Defense Ministry.

The Russian attack has been held off, but the battles of varying intensity have continued, the ministry's statement read.

Kharkiv Oblast Governor Oleh Syniehubov said earlier the attack "does not pose a threat" to the regional center of Kharkiv, Ukraine's second-largest city.

Russian forces failed to take Kharkiv in the first weeks of the full-scale invasion despite the fact the city lies less than 30 kilometers from the Russian border.

Russian troops are storming the outskirts of the border village of Pletenivka in Kharkiv Oblast, Ukrainska Pravda reported on May 10, citing an undisclosed military source.

The Kyiv Independent could not verify the claims.

Ukraine's Defense Ministry reported earlier in the day that Russian forces launched an attempt to break through in Kharkiv Oblast. President Volodymyr Zelensky later confirmed that Russia was carrying out new offensive operations in the area.

Pletenivka lies around 2 kilometers from the border with Russia. Ukrainian soldiers are also blocking the advance of Russian troops near the village of Hatyshche while active fighting continues, according to Ukrainska Pravda's source.

"Active firefights are ongoing near the village of Krasne. The Defense Forces are inflicting fire on the enemy in this combat area," the source told Ukrainska Pravda.

When asked by the Kyiv Independent about the situation near these settlements, Nazar Voloshyn, the spokesperson of the Khortytsia group of forces, said he could not confirm or deny these reports.

"I cannot say any more information now in the interest of operation. There will be information, but later," Voloshyn said.

After reports that Russian troops had allegedly captured several villages in Kharkiv Oblast as they attempt to push toward Vovchansk, Governor Oleh Syniehubov said that border settlements are in a "grey zone" and hostilities are ongoing but that no ground was lost at that moment.

----------------------------

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 4:05:34 PM EDT
[#44]
View Quote
People are really getting war weary. at least I am. I'm also finding myself more concerned with internal threats from the southern border.
lots of my friends at work are more worried about jobs and inflation. I'll mention a burning russian tank video and nobody cares anymore.  

Endless wars are so tiring.

Link Posted: 5/11/2024 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Putin's War Week 115

Some good discussion about the Russian conflict expansion vs. logistical issues
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 1:45:19 PM EDT
[#46]
There's a lot of stuff to wade through on the mega thread and some of it is not of some much interest so I keep coming here and will. Not the only one.

Approx how much does it cost to ship that USPS flat rate box to Ukraine? No biggie if you would rather not say.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 2:24:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Easterner] [#47]
Originally Posted By fisherman:
There's a lot of stuff to wade through on the mega thread and some of it is not of some much interest so I keep coming here and will. Not the only one.

Approx how much does it cost to ship that USPS flat rate box to Ukraine? No biggie if you would rather not say.
View Quote

Yeah I miss this thread as a source of info. I clicked on it when the missile hit the other morning and then remembered the other thread. Didn't even bother, and went to the local telegram to see what was going on.

I think that box ships for $100+  It certainly isn't cheap.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#48]

Yeah I miss this thread as a source of info. I clicked on it when the missile hit the other morning and then remembered the other thread. Didn't even bother, and went to the local telegram to see what was going on.

View Quote

Yes. I miss all the activity.
I saw a picture of some items I think you received a few pages back. Foot powder, socks and so forth.
What are some items you guys could use.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 2:43:53 PM EDT
[#49]

I saw a picture of some items I think you received a few pages back. Foot powder, socks and so forth.
View All Quotes

Well we always have a need for tools and things in the shop. Gloves, headlamps, etc. A decent crescent wrench would be nice. Medical supplies are always good to have. I have three med kits now. One in the vehicle, on my battle belt, and one in my go bag. The guys and myself appreciate all the help and thoughts about us.

Things have been pretty active with the air alerts. I see reports of lots of aviation activity back in Kharkiv. Dnipro has been pretty quiet. It feels weird not hearing explosions every day. Almost forgot there's a war on.

I spent the day yanking out some diesel/oil soaked carpet in my truck. The previous owner used her pretty hard on vehicle recoveries at the various fronts he worked at. I also ordered some new road tires for the front. She has 33/12.5/15s, so there are fewer options. With all of the steering and alignment work we just completed, I think she won't chew up these tires.

I'd like to share some photos of the build one day, but for now it's an easily identifiable vehicle. Just think old school Jap truck, 4x4, extra lighting, and plenty of other off road goodies. I really enjoy driving it, and the diesel engine runs great with the fresh turbo. She gets some looks too. My neighbor, who is Ukrainian, actually asked about joining our team. It's possible, and I think it's cool that Ukrainians are joining the foreigner team. He'd make the 3rd one if it works out.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:28:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigstick61] [#50]
Originally Posted By CB1:
People are really getting war weary. at least I am. I'm also finding myself more concerned with internal threats from the southern border.
lots of my friends at work are more worried about jobs and inflation. I'll mention a burning russian tank video and nobody cares anymore.  

Endless wars are so tiring.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/147/Tiresome_png-1082150-1087972.jpg
View Quote

War weary?  Most conflicts do not significantly impact the lives of the average person in the U.S.  Without reporting on them, many would not even be much on the public consciousness at all, and some of them historically were not really all that known about at the time or since.  The U.S. has been engaged in some sort of a conflict or another for all but a handful of years since independence.

What's actually affecting the public are the successful efforts of anti-war political groups and foreign influence operations intended to undermine U.S. efforts.  Of course, poor decisions or execution by administrations give them fodder to use.  This has been a big thing since the Cold War starting in the Vietnam era, as communist IO successfully fomented a major anti-war movement and anti-war sentiments among crucial members of the press and leadership.  More recent organizations like Code Pink are descendants of such efforts and it is no coincidence that much of the recent anti-war sentiment on the Right is so similar, because it is largely the product of the IO of communist or former communist countries, like Russia and China.  Same playbook, different target.
Page / 5589
OFFICIAL Russo-Ukrainian War (Page 5588 of 5589)
Top Top