Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2024 8:57:03 AM EDT
If you haven’t read the 4th Turning and the latest update, why not?  It’s pretty hard to refute the cyclical nature of history.  When you see it laid out in a data driven way and realize it’s not “what” happens that matter but “when” its amazing.  Can anybody disagree we are headed into a major crisis that will fundamentally change our lives and reset the cycle?

In the latest book, Neil says there are 3 options for ending “winter/the 4th turning; 1) WWIII, 2) Financial collapse, 3) Civil war or a combination of any.

When I look at the path we’re on, it makes all the details irrelevant and a waste of time…it’s time.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Will be #2 and we will all be slaves.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:06:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Wait, you're saying that human hubris causes history to repeat itself?  Inconceivable!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:10:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Seven-Shooter:
Wait, you're saying that human hubris causes history to repeat itself?  Inconceivable!
View Quote

Not so much human hubris, but generation attitudes and moods.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:11:16 AM EDT
[#4]
History repeats itself.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 9:51:09 AM EDT
[#5]
I have three cans of chili, a Ruger 10/22, and a life straw. . . I'm prepared for anything
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:05:04 AM EDT
[#6]
I can't wait.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:08:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By The_Master_Shake:
I have three cans of chili, a Ruger 10/22, and a life straw. . . I'm prepared for anything
View Quote

Preach it Brother!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:15:11 AM EDT
[#8]
We are no doubt doomed.

We'll enter another dark ages here soon, maybe by next Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:21:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: The_Master_Shake] [#9]
Originally Posted By Paul:
We are no doubt doomed.

We'll enter another dark ages here soon, maybe by next Tuesday, Wednesday at the latest.

View Quote

2 more weeks is what I'm hearing from my reliable inside anonymous sources.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:22:08 AM EDT
[#10]

So this isn't normal?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:22:41 AM EDT
[#11]
We are no doubt doomed.

View Quote

Sounds like it is already in Texas.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:26:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: WoolRug] [#12]
A study of ancient empires show some consistencies: when a certain group of people gained equal rights the empires soon ceased to be.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:32:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Look at history....find we are greedy and power hungry evil creatures....predict history will repeat....buy my book....profit
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By heavily_armed:
https://i.postimg.cc/y81GxNrP/SP500-May2024.png

So this isn't normal?
View Quote

It's a new bull market.  Run bull, run!
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 10:36:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By 1975:
View Quote
That already happened
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:49:33 AM EDT
[#16]
the real problem is that history isn't hereditary. You have first person memory, memory as told to you by one who experienced it, where you can see the veracity in the face of the storyteller, and quaint third hand stories.

If you know anyone with first hand knowledge of wars or large scale disasters get their stories documented in a video interview.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#17]
If anyone is curious about "the details" here they are in a nutshell:

Fractional reserve banking, conjuring what they claim is 'money,' but that which is really debt (since there is nothing of inherent value backing it), from thin air, leveraging it up by many multitudes, getting a nation to endorse it as monopolistic fiat (and enforce the monopolistic recognition of it as such), is the problem.

If 90% of loans go bad (or more), the fractional reserve bankers lose nothing. They created money from nothing and received the protection of the nation in distributing fiat monopoly currency. Not only do they lose nothing, they actually gain all real assets that were pledged as collateral to securitize most of the loans that went 'bad' - Harvest.

Repeat this process of Harvest by first inflating the money supply, getting people deeply indebted (many of whom weren't indebted before), and soon enough, with enough cycles of harvest, what belonged to many will be concentrated in the hands of a few, all via the sham that is fractional reserve banking.

It's the biggest scam in the history of mankind.

Once a person grasps this basic concept, they'll understand why events have taken place as they have (Bretton Woods*; Plaza Accord; Federal Reserve Act of 1913; closing of the gold standard in 1971*, etc.), and they'll finally grasp how a select few have rigged the game to be able to harvest assets continually, and concentrate wealth and power, by doing nothing other than maintaining Deep Capture of a nation's legislative and judiciary branches (and executive, in the case of the U.S.) of government.

*On August 15, 1971, the United States unilaterally terminated convertibility of the dollar to gold. As a result, "[t]he Bretton Woods system officially ended and the dollar became fully fiat currency, backed by nothing but the promise of the federal government." This action, referred to as the Nixon shock, created the situation in which the United States dollar became the sole backing of currencies and a reserve currency for the member states. At the same time, many fixed currencies also became free floating.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:18:14 PM EDT
[#18]
I've looked into the theory. It doesn't add up as presented. It completely ignores World War One.

As for the financial system as it is a good book on the subject is The Finance Curse by Nicholas Shaxson.

Concerning collapse in general. You should all be looking forward to it because the Darwinian pressures it creates will be the ONLY thing that will create the stock of utter Giga-Chads who will save the world from Globohomo.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:24:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By Hesperus:
I've looked into the theory. It doesn't add up as presented. It completely ignores World War One.

As for the financial system as it is a good book on the subject is The Finance Curse by Nicholas Shaxson.

Concerning collapse in general. You should all be looking forward to it because the Darwinian pressures it creates will be the ONLY thing that will create the stock of utter Giga-Chads who will save the world from Globohomo.
View Quote

One thing that sort of throws a wrench into all time collapse is the majority of the world using floating currency and not the gold standard anymore. It really makes it so that everyone has to play nice to a certain extent. There is really no incentive anymore to make a giant ass empire in order to take resources.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:34:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By midcap:

One thing that sort of throws a wrench into all time collapse is the majority of the world using floating currency and not the gold standard anymore. It really makes it so that everyone has to play nice to a certain extent. There is really no incentive anymore to make a giant ass empire in order to take resources.
View Quote

Complicated subject to put it mildly.

But as far as I'm concerned as long as we have power mad narcissists in positions of political power there will always be someone who wants to make giant ass empires. Even if their eyes are bigger than their stomach, to paraphrase Bismarck talking about the Italians.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:36:41 PM EDT
[#21]

But as far as I'm concerned as long as we have power mad narcissists in positions of political power there will always be someone who wants to make giant ass empires. Even if their eyes are bigger than their stomach, to paraphrase Bismarck talking about the Italians.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

that's 100% true. but look at the trouble Putin is having. He can't even take over Ukraine with his shitty military.

If the itallians didn't take the whole month of August off, they could develop momentum.

I also am not sure if I can identify as Itallian being 1/4 Sicilian.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#22]
View Quote

If anything happens, I’m coming to your house.

Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 12:42:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Hesperus] [#24]

that's 100% true. but look at the trouble Putin is having. He can't even take over Ukraine with his shitty military.

If the itallians didn't take the whole month of August off, they could develop momentum.

I also am not sure if I can identify as Itallian being 1/4 Sicilian.
View Quote

I talk with my hands a lot. I'm pretty sure my lineage is mostly English with a bit of Swiss-German but I would not be shocked if there was some Italian in there.

Stumbled upon this the other day which seems oddly relevant to this conversation.

Armored Attack - Many Wars Ago

As for Putin, he is a textbook case of one of these power mad narcissists whoes ambitions exceed his grasp in my opinion. Building and maintaining an empire is no easy thing and you're going to need more than a relatively small force of poorly trained conscripts with Soviet era equipment to pull it off.
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 4:18:55 PM EDT
[#25]
Sinful nature, it's a blight on humanity and there's only one resolution.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#26]
View Quote

I hope you got the chili with beans. The protein is important in the apocalypse.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:39:57 AM EDT
[Last Edit: HELOBRAVO] [#27]
I read and pretty much believe The Fourth Turning theory.
The author does note a couple of exceptions as far as time line, due to major events, but it's a solid theory.
The timeline put Millennials in the place of the Greatest Generation for this cycle.
The Greatest Generation saved the day, so it looks like the millennials dropped the ball. Hindsight will tell....
Right now I'm reading  The Storm Before the Calm.
Basically along the same lines except the author makes the case that we will have political and economic change that starts to straighten things out around 2030. Also predicts it's gonna get worse before then.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 7:42:50 AM EDT
[#28]
Books are written by the writer to convey what the writer wants to convey. Pro tip; everything in writing is not fact. Really.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:10:14 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#29]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:16:19 AM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

It's will also save us from sickitating fatness, but that hits too close for a great deal of our posters.

Quit soda, go ruck, go lift.  Like you life depends on it.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:30:31 AM EDT
[#31]
View Quote

The first day, no one will have full auto

The second day, everyone will
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:34:15 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
That already happened
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By wookie1562:
That already happened

Agreed, look at the property tax thread.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:36:47 AM EDT
[#33]

View Quote

The String Pullers believe they will be protected from the starving rabble by security forces. We shall see how loyal those forces are.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:36:55 AM EDT
[Last Edit: brass] [#34]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:36:57 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Lone_Gringo:
History repeats itself.
View Quote

Not really, but sometimes it rhymes.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:42:35 AM EDT
[#36]
For those who don’t know the Fourth Turning.

We Are In A "FOURTH TURNING," What Does That Mean?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:50:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 8:57:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Are you saying i shouldn’t buy any green bananas?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:05:27 AM EDT
[#39]
View Quote

financial collapse -> central ban digital currency -> AI indistinguishable from AGI -> robots = welcome to the global plantation slaves, at least the 500,000,000 of you we let live.

Link Posted: 5/19/2024 9:56:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Is it time for our weekly Doomer thread, already?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:12:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JimGriff] [#41]
Good stuff, strong science, but I'm looking for opportunities instead of instructions.
Doing the same thing over and over while hoping for change is kinda dumb.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By brass:

I think we are headed more toward Mad Max than Demolition Man

The AI and desires to have a large AGI system run the world "fairly" and the number of idiots wanting to replace the .gov with AI is another branch of small possibility which will result in the same options of Mad Max or Demolition Man, leaning more toward the Mad Max type of  living.

I honestly think the people that actually run the world are hoping for a mass depopulation event (in addition to their current projects involving overweight and homosexuality lifestyles) to get back to a "manageable population" under 1 billion to restart with their one world government desires.

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By drew5337:

It's will also save us from sickitating fatness, but that hits too close for a great deal of our posters.

The AI and desires to have a large AGI system run the world "fairly" and the number of idiots wanting to replace the .gov with AI is another branch of small possibility which will result in the same options of Mad Max or Demolition Man, leaning more toward the Mad Max type of  living.

I honestly think the people that actually run the world are hoping for a mass depopulation event (in addition to their current projects involving overweight and homosexuality lifestyles) to get back to a "manageable population" under 1 billion to restart with their one world government desires.

so I should be looking for a pair of assless leather chaps?
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:41:08 AM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Seadra_tha_Guineapig:
Originally Posted By drew5337:

Chaps covering the lower torso are called pants.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:44:01 AM EDT
[#44]
If you believe in the cyclical turns of history, Ray Dalio's Changing World Order book is worth checking out.

Stage 1 is when a) the new order begins after a war, b) the new leadership consolidates power, c) debts are restructured or monetized so debt burdens are reduced, and d) wealth gaps and conflicts over them are reduced, which leads to…
Stage 2, which is when there is a further consolidation of power and the building of resource allocation systems, which leads to…
Stage 3, which is when there is peace and prosperity, which leads to…
Stage 4, which is when there are great excesses in spending and debt and a widening of the wealth and political gaps, which leads to…
Stage 5, which is when there are bad financial/economic crises and intense conflicts between comparably powerful parties within countries and between countries, which leads to…
Stage 6, which is when there are wars, which leads to…
Stage 1, Stage 2, etc.

When a declining great power meets a rising great power, there's always conflict (according to Dalio).

The issue that you'll run into with books like these is that, much like trend lines on a chart, you have to skip a lot of noise to curve fit to your conclusion.  If you ever seen a computer try to draw a trend line in real time, it's impossible since it's working at the detail level and doesn't have hindsight bias.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:55:26 AM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By highstepper:

If anything happens, I’m coming to your house.

View Quote

Best bring your own chili
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:59:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By superjc:
If anyone is curious about "the details" here they are in a nutshell:

Fractional reserve banking, conjuring what they claim is 'money,' but that which is really debt (since there is nothing of inherent value backing it), from thin air, leveraging it up by many multitudes, getting a nation to endorse it as monopolistic fiat (and enforce the monopolistic recognition of it as such), is the problem.

If 90% of loans go bad (or more), the fractional reserve bankers lose nothing. They created money from nothing and received the protection of the nation in distributing fiat monopoly currency. Not only do they lose nothing, they actually gain all real assets that were pledged as collateral to securitize most of the loans that went 'bad' - Harvest.

Repeat this process of Harvest by first inflating the money supply, getting people deeply indebted (many of whom weren't indebted before), and soon enough, with enough cycles of harvest, what belonged to many will be concentrated in the hands of a few, all via the sham that is fractional reserve banking.

It's the biggest scam in the history of mankind.

Once a person grasps this basic concept, they'll understand why events have taken place as they have (Bretton Woods*; Plaza Accord; Federal Reserve Act of 1913; closing of the gold standard in 1971*, etc.), and they'll finally grasp how a select few have rigged the game to be able to harvest assets continually, and concentrate wealth and power, by doing nothing other than maintaining Deep Capture of a nation's legislative and judiciary branches (and executive, in the case of the U.S.) of government.

*On August 15, 1971, the United States unilaterally terminated convertibility of the dollar to gold. As a result, "[t]he Bretton Woods system officially ended and the dollar became fully fiat currency, backed by nothing but the promise of the federal government." This action, referred to as the Nixon shock, created the situation in which the United States dollar became the sole backing of currencies and a reserve currency for the member states. At the same time, many fixed currencies also became free floating.
View Quote

Very interesting.  I'm watching a lot of 70's nostalgia stuff on YT (thinking about doing my basement in MCM; Mad Men style) and ending the gold standard has never been mentioned.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 2:00:57 PM EDT
[#47]
Unpacking Ray Dalio's Alarmist Prediction Of Civil War

The other day, Ray Dalio, the billionaire investor and founder of Bridgewater Associates, told The Financial Times that he sees the risk of a second American civil war as “growing” and places the odds of such a war at “35-40 percent.” According to FT, Dalio’s “research” has led him to conclude that “we are now on the brink,” although we “don’t yet know if we will cross over into much more turbulent times.”

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/unpacking-ray-dalios-alarmist-prediction-civil-war

Link Posted: 5/22/2024 7:45:06 PM EDT
[#48]
We are no doubt doomed.

View Quote

Crap.  I just saw this.  Only a little over five hours left.

Wish I had seen this earlier, as I would have used my time more wisely.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top