Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/6/2024 11:30:38 PM EDT
Utah is No. 1 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best States rankings for a second straight year, with the Beehive State landing among the top 20 in seven out of eight statistical categories.

Best States Rankings

These Are the 10 Best States in the U.S.
Utah
New Hampshire
Nebraska
Minnesota
Idaho
Iowa
Vermont
Washington
Florida
Massachusetts
View Quote

These Are the 10 Lowest-Ranked States in the U.S.
50. Louisiana
49. New Mexico
48. Mississippi
47. Arkansas
46. West Virginia
45. Alaska
44. Alabama
43. Oklahoma
42. Michigan
41. South Carolina
View Quote

As a transplant many years ago, Utah is great.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:35:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By JLAudio:
Utah is No. 1 in U.S. News & World Report’s Best States rankings for a second straight year, with the Beehive State landing among the top 20 in seven out of eight statistical categories.

Best States Rankings

These Are the 10 Best States in the U.S.
Utah
New Hampshire
Nebraska
Minnesota
Idaho
Iowa
Vermont
Washington
Florida
Massachusetts
View Quote

These Are the 10 Lowest-Ranked States in the U.S.
50. Louisiana
49. New Mexico
48. Mississippi
47. Arkansas
46. West Virginia
45. Alaska
44. Alabama
43. Oklahoma
42. Michigan
41. South Carolina
View Quote

As a transplant many years ago, Utah is great.
View Quote
If CA, NY, NJ and MI aren't dead last there is a problem with the list.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:37:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes! Go to Utah! Tennessee doesn't deserve you! Utah, Utah, Utah!!! Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:38:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Our life in Washington was wonderful.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:39:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Utah is the next Colorado. You heard it here first.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:40:25 PM EDT
[#5]
If you had ever been through Iowa, you would know there is a problem with that list.

Barely any trees or hills or fucking gas stations next to the highway.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:44:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:46:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I’ve been there a few times. Country is nice. Too many Mormons (JMB gets a pass) and not enough whiskey though.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Aimless thread

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:48:52 PM EDT
[#9]
What a shit list.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:49:48 PM EDT
[#10]
More bullshit lists.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:52:22 PM EDT
[#11]
I feel for brothers and sisters behind enemy lines in Washington and Massachusetts, but when those two states are in the top ten, I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values I find important in a state.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:04:39 AM EDT
[#12]
Uhh, Washington is a tyrannical shithole..
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Too many Mormons.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Mass and Washington are in the Top 10. Blue states. Mass is so liberal I can’t believe they aren’t at the bottom, liberal hell hole is what that is.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:14:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By byron2112:
View Quote

Only if you're a conservative, I lived there in the 80s and 90s as a kid and it was great.  All the people I know from my childhood still are liberals and believe Washington is still wonderful.  My Dad lives there still but he has so much money that nothing Olympia does bothers him.  It's no different how liberals view Texas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:22:00 AM EDT
[#16]
It's tough to beat Hurricane, Sand Hollow, Glendale, Alton, Cedar City, etc.. Southern Utah is best Utah. The too many Mormons comments here are fucking retarded.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Cardplayer:
It's tough to beat Hurricane, Sand Hollow, Glendale, Alton, Cedar City, etc.. Southern Utah is best Utah. The too many Mormons comments here are fucking retarded.
View Quote

If I can’t make fun of my own religion, what can I make fun of?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#18]
After I read the thread title, I was surprised to see this wasn't an Aimless thread
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:25:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Utah is great
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:29:37 AM EDT
[#20]
View Quote

Southern Utah is like a different planet compared to up north in UT and the rest of the country. I would move there if there was a better airport, ideally with Delta flights to main hubs other than SLC. If Delta did a SGU - ATL or SGL - MSP or SGL - JFK route St. George would be the next best place.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:31:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By eagarminuteman:

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:44:21 AM EDT
[#22]

Southern Utah is like a different planet compared to up north in UT and the rest of the country. I would move there if there was a better airport, ideally with Delta flights to main hubs other than SLC. If Delta did a SGU - ATL or SGL - MSP or SGL - JFK route St. George would be the next best place.
View All Quotes

Agree, I was born in and still live in Idaho but my parents ended up going back to So Utah St George some years ago because of the weather and it's tough to beat. Although growth isn't unique to Idaho, Montana and Utah I am still blown away by the population boom the last few years in St George.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:45:47 AM EDT
[#23]
L o fucking L
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:50:45 AM EDT
[#24]
I’m probably leaving AZ for UT.

Time to get back into rock crawling.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:52:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Efl15] [#25]
BRB, moving to Utah.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:53:01 AM EDT
[#26]
I spent 3 months all over the state of Utah. I loved the landscape everywhere. It’s was absolutely beautiful. I also saw a lot of people carrying guns around.

I even saw a dude that looked like Marlyn Manson open carrying a Glock in Price Utah Walmart

My couple of Utah pics I took
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:56:55 AM EDT
[#27]
One of my brothers lives in SLC,  not going to lie, every time I visit I think "I should move here".   I just couldn't deal with the cool weather.   I like swimming year round. lol
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:04:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: JLAudio] [#28]
Tonights sunset from the patio in the Capitol Hill area, that is SLC airport tower in the distance

Utah sunsets are unmatched, orange skies daily

It snowed here in the downtown area Sunday up until 3ish pm. Snow in May, Lol.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:25:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Liberals from shit places like New York and California are destroying this place

"Oh we're very conservative,!"

Bullshit

Mormons aren't helping either
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:30:55 AM EDT
[#30]
OP doesn’t know what happens to communities and states that top these “Best Places To Live” lists.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:34:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#31]
Utah is one of the “consider moving to” States for me. Only problem with leaving FL, if I ever comeback, I’ll have lost my portability on property taxes and will get fucked.

Mormons don’t bother me, at least the ones I have met here. I don’t drink either, so the UT booze laws aren’t an issue. I’d like to live other there because it isnKt as far to travel to visit the other States out there.

WY has always been appealing because of taxes, but a lot of the State doesn’t look appealing to me geographically, then there are the stories about the wind.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:36:07 AM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By foxxnhound:

Only if you're a conservative, I lived there in the 80s and 90s as a kid and it was great.  All the people I know from my childhood still are liberals and believe Washington is still wonderful.  My Dad lives there still but he has so much money that nothing Olympia does bothers him.  It's no different how liberals view Texas.
View All Quotes

I take it your dad isn’t into owning guns.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:37:26 AM EDT
[#33]
Going down to see my 4 kiddos and 3 grandkids in Orem in a few weeks. I enjoy the trip (though not the Wasatch Valley rat race). Pretty country. If I was gonna live in UT it would be Heber City, Nephi, Cedar City, or St George.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:44:36 AM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By PacNW5:
Our life in Washington was wonderful.
View Quote

Oregon used to be the shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:46:39 AM EDT
[#35]
I been here a little over two years and I still don’t care for it much. I would probably like southern Utah better than SC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:49:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Boomer:
OP doesn’t know what happens to communities and states that top these “Best Places To Live” lists.
View Quote

I know what happens, but it happens everywhere. I moved here in 2014 pre-boom from the Democrat enclave of Connecticut. I bought/closed on a property in Jan 2020 and if I sold today I would 3x my money considering house costs here and how the state managed Covid/China flu but it's not worth it and is a paper gain. Average home price in UT is north of $430k now, it's cost prohibitive to move here now, but I can still understand those that move from other states.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:51:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Depends what you want out of life.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:07:36 AM EDT
[#38]
Lmao, the two states with the highest percentage of hot women are 48 and 50.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:11:50 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By DubyaB:
Depends what you want out of life.
View Quote

Multiple wives, and comfy underwear.  Does it have that?

Mormons.  The Amish of the west, but crazy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:17:34 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Scott_S:
I feel for brothers and sisters behind enemy lines in Washington and Massachusetts, but when those two states are in the top ten, I have an inkling that US News doesn’t weigh the same values I find important in a state.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:46:11 AM EDT
[#41]

View All Quotes

This thread isn't about states with loosest gun laws. Says it right in the article:

First launched in 2017, the Best States project ranks states based on their performance in the areas of health care, education, natural environment, opportunity, economy, crime and corrections, infrastructure and fiscal stability.

WA certainly ranks high in health care, education, economy/jobs and crime.

Considering all that, the list is not too surprising. Only major outliers are Florida being so high and Michigan being so low. They generally are more middle of the road.

If you're looking for a good gun laws list, well that would look quite different but Utah would still rank at or near the top.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:53:05 AM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By Flogger23m:

This thread isn't about states with loosest gun laws. Says it right in the article:

Considering all that, the list is not too surprising. Only major outliers are Florida being so high and Michigan being so low. They generally are more middle of the road.

If you're looking for a good gun laws list, well that would look quite different but Utah would still rank at or near the top.
View All Quotes

First launched in 2017, the Best States project ranks states based on their performance in the areas of health care, education, natural environment, opportunity, economy, crime and corrections, infrastructure and fiscal stability.

Way to miss the point. It was said that nothing Olympia does bothers his father. You can’t be a gun owner here and not be bothered by what’s going on in Olympia. Now they are trying to fuck with purchasing ammunition.

Yes, WA still has a lot of things going for it. But if you aren’t already an established gun owner or plan on adding to your collection, the gun thing is a pretty fucking big issue that puts a serious damper on everything else.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:56:42 AM EDT
[#43]

Way to miss the point. It was said that nothing Olympia does bothers his father. You can’t be a gun owner here and not be bothered by what’s going on in Olympia. Now they are trying to fuck with purchasing ammunition.

Yes, WA still has a lot of things going for it. But if you aren’t already an established gun owner or plan on adding to your collection, the gun thing is a pretty fucking big issue that puts a serious damper on everything else.
View All Quotes

It is pretty obvious he isn't. Even if you own all that you want laws that impact what others can do should concern you. So yes, this list checks out. If you care about firearms, WA is worse than CA in some ways which is... quite the feat. Not a single state has gone from good to bad laws as quick as WA. Not OR, CO, NM, NV or even IL.

WA is really just CA now, with shitty weather.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:57:29 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Boomer] [#44]

I know what happens, but it happens everywhere. I moved here in 2014 pre-boom from the Democrat enclave of Connecticut. I bought/closed on a property in Jan 2020 and if I sold today I would 3x my money considering house costs here and how the state managed Covid/China flu but it's not worth it and is a paper gain. Average home price in UT is north of $430k now, it's cost prohibitive to move here now, but I can still understand those that move from other states.
View All Quotes

Lol, $430k is dirt cheap. Especially to people in high CoL liberal cities. Enjoy the influx of them.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:10:17 AM EDT
[#45]
Not one of the top 10 would be on my top 10 list. I've been to all but 4 states and not one of them is worth the trip. I've lived in some on the list and would never go back. This list is rigged.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:01:43 AM EDT
[#46]
Opinions are like ……….
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#47]
Give me the bottom 5 over the top 5. The top 5 are all too fucking cold.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:02:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Ho hum, NH is always up there.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:04:28 AM EDT
[#49]
You got the top ten and the bottom ten reversed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:11:47 AM EDT
[#50]
We loved utah and would move there in heartbeat but doubt we could afford it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Top Top