Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 5/7/2024 9:54:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
What a superlative piece of equipment.  Congratulations.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice 1911. What did it set you back?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
It set me back $900. I have to say, the trigger pull runs around 4lbs. I had a "never should have gotten rid of" Gold Cup 40 years ago that had the same trigger pull. I bought it because I was impressed with the AR15A4 that I purchased. I carry full sized .45 ACP with a S/W M&P that has the thumb safety and after breaking this one in it will replace it. The trigger on the M&P is horrendous compared to the Colt.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:10:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By formermarine63:
It set me back $900. I have to say, the trigger pull runs around 4lbs. I had a "never should have gotten rid of" Gold Cup 40 years ago that had the same trigger pull. I bought it because I was impressed with the AR15A4 that I purchased. I carry full sized .45 ACP with a S/W M&P that has the thumb safety and after breaking this one in it will replace it. The trigger on the M&P is horrendous compared to the Colt.
View Quote

Sounds like you got a decent deal. They go anywhere from a thousand to 12 hundred bucks around here... when you can find one.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:02:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Are the flats polished on it? It almost looks like parking.

I bought a 70 right after they reintroduced them and I have to say, it was quite nicely put together.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:25:54 AM EDT
[#6]
Yes, the flats are polished. It is tight. We'll see how tight it is after I put a couple hundred rounds through it.
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 3:53:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Congrats!

I picked up a new Combat Commander a few months ago. It has run 100% reliable compared to the one I bought and sold a few years ago. Wondering if the merger with CZ changed that…
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:18:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
Congrats!

I picked up a new Combat Commander a few months ago. It has run 100% reliable compared to the one I bought and sold a few years ago. Wondering if the merger with CZ changed that…
View Quote

@davidb1982 9mm or 45?
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

@davidb1982 9mm or 45?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:
Originally Posted By davidb1982:
Congrats!

@davidb1982 9mm or 45?

@Ivan1 45
Link Posted: 5/10/2024 11:04:23 PM EDT
[#10]
I put the first hundred through her. Having qualified many years ago on the .45, I knew what to expect. After the first couple of rounds, I started to settle down. I had a great group low to the left. I adjusted my sight picture and got them in the black. To shoot well with the 1911, you have to shoot often. I was happy that I shot well within the bullseye on the first  outing. The one thing is,that unlike when I was a thin , mean Marine, I did get some hammer bite. It was minimal and I can live with it. I like it and to get good, you have to spend the time on the range as with any firearm you use.
Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top