Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2024 4:12:00 PM EDT
I want one big steel target to put at 400 yards.  

At that distance, normal rifle rounds, (not 50bmg)  3/8” plate is sufficient.

I’m thinking 36” square is big enough but the usual target makers don’t list a target that size.

I found a 4’x8’ AR500 plate (3/8”) locally for $1,500.  The cost is $3 a pound.

Any suggestion on where I go from here?  Maybe split the sheet with another person, or someone here already has a 1/2 sheet to sell?

This stuff was .90 a pound in 2018…
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 5:03:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Reach out to Bluegrass targets. Justin is a great dude and will take care of you. A larger version of his "sighting target" might be right for you
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:57:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I spoke with Justin and he is indeed a very knowledgeable and helpful person.  Our only hang up is shipping a 144 pound piece of steel.  He is trying to work out a ride for this target and I should hear back from him by Friday.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:06:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Cowboy:
I spoke with Justin and he is indeed a very knowledgeable and helpful person.  Our only hang up is shipping a 144 pound piece of steel.  He is trying to work out a ride for this target and I should hear back from him by Friday.
View Quote

I've heard about a few people using Fastenal with good luck, having things like tires or machinery shipped.  They offer space available shipping on their trucks.  https://www.fastenal.com/fast/blue-lane-freight

mm
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:47:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AR_Cowboy:
View Quote

Where in Tx are you? Not sure if Justin is going to CW Deep Swamp but if so I can give it a ride back to houston and I'm in austin often enough. Think some Dallas bros are driving also.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:25:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m in Sanger north of DFW.  

Right now we are shipping UPS to the hub in Denton and I will pick up there.

Thanks for the offer to pick up though.

Y’all be safe!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top