Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Any Extras here? (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 2:46:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Hamstudy was the core tool I used. Its great.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Emoto:

@Former11BRAVO

Just use hamstudy.org in the (free) STUDY mode. Forget practice tests. Just keep hitting the questions in Study mode. Why do it this way? Because it will tell you instantly if your answer is right or wrong. If wrong, you click the upper corner of the question and it will give you the full explanation.  You need that immediate reinforcement, if you are going to learn. The practice tests don't give you an immediate correct or incorrect response.

As you go along answering questions, the site will keep track of, and display for you, the % of each category of question you have completed, AND how well you are scoring. This is cumulative. You can go back day after day, and it will keep your numbers.

Keep going until you have answered 100% of questions in all the categories. It is a known finite set of questions. Then, keep going some more to push your cumulative score up. You will know when you have the confidence to take the exam, but I suggest hitting 90% in your cumulative numbers.

Doesn't matter how many weeks or months it may take you to feel like you know the questions, but if you stick with this approach, you will eventually be able to pass the remaining tests. Just keep going for a few minutes every day until you feel confident.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/15/2024 3:13:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I think I just took practice tests on QRZ for a few weeks and when I was scoring consistently in the high 80s-90s I went and took the test. Passed it first time. If you've been studying for General, put in an extra week or two of Extra practice tests and you'll pass.
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I had been working in the radio industry, but still used the practice tests on QRZ.com. I think I missed 4 total on the written. (It's been a while.)
Rob
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Any Extras here? (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top