Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2019 11:54:51 PM EDT
So I have an apartment in North West Washington, D.C. and I was wondering if this is even a remotely plausible idea. Would it be illegal if I were to set up an arrow stop in some secluded alley behind my apartment and do some close range shooting just to keep my form in check? I know how this sounds, but I would be looking for a spot with just a large brick wall, no windows where I can set up my arrow target. I could find nothing in the D.C. legal code about this, so I was wondering if I could get away with this. My best guess is that it's prohibited, but I didn't see a law, and there might not be one as I imagine this is not a scenario the D.C. PD encounters often. I have a bright blue aluminum Olympic style riser that looks in no way menacing, and I would be standing no further than 20 feet from the target, so pretty much eliminate any possibility of an unsafe situation.
Link Posted: 9/29/2019 9:13:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I say go for it. You already looked this up and could not find anything against it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I can't see that having a good outcome if confronted by local law enforcement. If it was in your own yard that would be one thing... in an ally, not so good.

I'd find a local range to fling some arrows on the way home from work.
Link Posted: 10/24/2019 11:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Just call the police department and ask them......
Top Top