Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2024 1:37:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Spartikis]
Anyone know a company producing custom thread adaptors for suppressors?

I need a 7/8-28 (female) to .578-28 (male) thread adapter to mount an obsidian 45 to a Reising M50.

Or does it make more sense to buy a fixed mount with a smaller diameters and have a machine shops bore out the correct diameter the cut the threads?

https://ruggedsuppressors.com/product/fixed-mount/
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 2:39:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd bore and thread the fixed mount. Anytime you can reduce parts and tolerance stacking, you do so.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 10:41:11 AM EDT
[#3]
BSD Fabrication can modify an existing mount to different threads. Not sure if they make custom adapters but you can ask them.

I would use a fixed adapter with the correct thread if possible. Not a fan of stacking or extending adapters.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top