Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2024 11:21:39 PM EDT
Got a Rotex X that I am pretty excited about. But now Im wondering, is there an extended Rotex compatible flash hider that will legal up a 14.5'' barrel?
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 1:59:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Isn't the Rolex X A2 or SureFire compatible? Which version do you have? There are extended A2 flash hiders that should get you to 16" if that is what you need. There are also a few SureFire options that will work if that is what you need.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 7:55:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I’ve got the A2 version. Waiting on approval still. But I figured the birdcage is too long. Might not be though.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 10:22:26 AM EDT
[#3]
The gate on the suppressor locks onto the wrench flats of the muzzle device. The suppressor is then srewed down, compressing the gate against the back of the wrench flat and squaring the suppressor against the front of the muzzle device. If it's square, MD truly centered on the barrel, and the threading on the barrel concentric, it all works.

IIRC Griffin makes a longer muzzle device that fits their A2 suppressors. It also used to be that Radian had a comp that A2 interface cans could fit to, perhaps you can find some new old stock still.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks homey
B&T, although very nice and prompt to answer, doesn’t seem to know anything about their catalog.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:00:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By neight:
is there an extended Rotex compatible flash hider that will legal up a 14.5'' barrel?
View Quote

Not that I'm aware of, but this might work for you:

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/manufacturer/adco/kac-spacer/
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:26:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1168RGR] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Pomyluy:

Not that I'm aware of, but this might work for you:

https://adcofirearms.com/shop/manufacturer/adco/kac-spacer/
View Quote
If using a KAC spacer to make a 14.5” into a 16”, you’ll also need to use a fat stack of shims, equivalent to a crush washer. You need to take up half an inch of threads, leaving only like .2” of thread engagement. A better option is to use a 14.7” or longer barrel, if an A2 is desired, and you may still have to shim it out a bit. Or maybe a thread extension, but the shortest of those add 3/4”. More 15” barrels on the market would be great for the one-stamp A2 guys, since an A2/A1 with no crush washer only adds 1.1”.

When the Rotex can tightens and squeezes the BFA notch, what is opposing on the face of the A2? If it works similarly to Griffin’s NATO adapter, then no extended A2 is going to work unless the extension is at the rear of the device.

Edit: there’s a company that specializes in Colt or clone stuff, can’t remember who, that makes an extended A2 by welding on a longer threaded portion…they might be the thing you need.
Link Posted: 5/21/2024 5:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok!
B&T got back to me and confirmed their muzzle device part no. 123843, is what they use to “P&W their 14.5 APC223 to length”
I haven’t seen one of these in the wild yet. I did send two colt barrels to D. Wilson to be cut and threaded I’ll pin and weld those when I get em.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By neight:
Ok!
B&T got back to me and confirmed their muzzle device part no. 123843, is what they use to “P&W their 14.5 APC223 to length”
I haven’t seen one of these in the wild yet. I did send two colt barrels to D. Wilson to be cut and threaded I’ll pin and weld those when I get em.
View Quote

Looking at it on their site seems to indicate this is for the Surefire interface, not the A2 interface:

https://bt-parts.com/sd-123843-b-t-flash-hider-rotex-sf-5-56mm-1-2x28/
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 1:34:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Damn it does
Might have listed the wrong PN. I’ll look at this later.
Top Top