Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/16/2024 9:20:26 AM EDT
I want to mount a red dot to an 870 Express that doesn't have any receiver holes.  I really like the looks of this Scalarworks mount (https://scalarworks.com/shop/integral-mounts/sync-04/).

Does anybody know of somewhere that I can send it off to have it drilled and tapped?
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#1]
@Guncat

He should be able to do that for you. He owns Rose Action Sports
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 5:19:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ARgonot] [#2]
It's super easy to do yourself. Just need the proper size drill bit and thread tap. The appropriate thread tap is determined by the screws that are used. The appropriate drill bit is determined by the thread tap. You can buy the thread tap and drill bit on MidwayUSA.

1. Center the mount on the receiver. Mark the center of the hole.
2. Drill the hole.
3. Thread the hole.
4. Install the screw with the mount.
5. Center the other hole on the receiver. Mark the center of the hole.
6. Drill the hole.
7. Thread the hole.
8. Install the mount.

I called around and everyone wanted approx $100 just to drill & thread some holes. The tap & bit was cheap and now I can drill & thread as many receivers as I want in the future.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top