Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/29/2024 10:44:22 PM EDT
I currently use Home Assistant as my alarm system. I have Z-Wave sensors on the doors, if an alarm is set off, my wife and I get a text message.

I'm going to be doing some wiring on the house soon, and I think I want to install some wired door sensors.

Can anybody recommend a quality alarm panel? Preferrably one that works with Z-Wave sensors as well as as wired sensors?
Link Posted: 3/1/2024 1:02:04 AM EDT
[Last Edit: onealphay2k] [#1]
I have used Quolsys hooked up to surety.com for monitoring through alarm.com.  It has worked great for 6 years until it recently died.  I just bought the newest model.  It works with all my z-wave devices, Sonos, and a bunch of other devices.  I added the quolsys device that lets you use wired sensors in addition to the encrypted wireless sensors.  Their sensors are low profile unlike Honeywell which I installed in my previous home.  The quolsys also allows you to hook up an external siren which not all do.   I use the alarm.com doorbell and thermostat and they have been great.  I don’t use alarm.com cameras but they do work with this system.  Surety has a great DIY support forum that responded quickly to help during my install.  I think they offer basic packages that allow you to self monitor.  I pay $34 a month and got the full package with all features.  I highly recommend.  My $.02
Top Top