Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 9
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:00:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pestilence12:

Alright, submitted, lets see if it does anything. Thanks for the info.
View Quote

Good luck!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
This may be to add more gun owners to their database asap?  I’m thinking of the many firearms owners who purchased privately and the govt has no paper trail?

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:10:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Starting to get concerned. I'm at three weeks today.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#4]
I purchased a new suppressor on Saturday and while I was at the shop I had them help me submit an Eform Form 1 to SBR a lower I had.
Received both approvals back today - 1.5 business day turnaround.  Amazing.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#5]
So I am not very familiar with the world of NFA stuff and what each form does, I have a Ptr9ct I got from someone in trade, it came with a pdw stock that was not attached, but I plan to get a brace to put on it for now, however if I want to do the SBR route, what would I need to do as I already have the items in question? also if I did want to get a suppressor, would it best to do both at the same time and just do a tax stamp for each? would one affect the other as far as wait times?

and I have seen people mention using gun trusts, what is the benefit of doing that? is it worth it for only one or 2 NFA items? can only blood family be added to the trust to use the items or can it be anyone I chose as long as they aren't prohibited?

also if adding multiple people to a trust, do they all have to reside in the same state as the owner of the nfa item(s)?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:17:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Still have two efile form 4s from March ‘23 waiting for approval..
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By elgin25:
So I am not very familiar with the world of NFA stuff and what each form does, I have a Ptr9ct I got from someone in trade, it came with a pdw stock that was not attached, but I plan to get a brace to put on it for now, however if I want to do the SBR route, what would I need to do as I already have the items in question? also if I did want to get a suppressor, would it best to do both at the same time and just do a tax stamp for each? would one affect the other as far as wait times?

and I have seen people mention using gun trusts, what is the benefit of doing that? is it worth it for only one or 2 NFA items? can only blood family be added to the trust to use the items or can it be anyone I chose as long as they aren't prohibited?

also if adding multiple people to a trust, do they all have to reside in the same state as the owner of the nfa item(s)?
View Quote

-You will need to do a Form 1 for the SBR if you go that route. You can fill out the form directly on the ATF eforms site. You will need to engrave your name or your trust name as well as the location the SBR was created.
-For the supressor, you'll be doing a Form 4 unless you build your own. In that case, it would be another Form 1.
The Form 4 can be done electronically as well, but will require some input from your chosen dealer.
-Submitting them at the same time likely have little effect on the wait time. That said, I had 2 cans and an SBR get approved the same day, but we're submitted almost a month apart.

Trusts-
They're cool and allow some flexibility in possession. They are also quite slow to approve.
You can add any non-prohibited person to the trust, not just family. I would suggest adding them AFTER you get approved.
As for residence of others on your trust, I'm not certain. I would like to say they can live anywhere but can only possess the item where legal.
Maybe someone else can chime in on that part.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:22:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By grn_zx6r:
Still have two efile form 4s from March ‘23 waiting for approval..
View Quote

I wonder if it would be faster to cancel and re-submit. I am not sure you can do that though.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Started one yesterday,  form 4. I hope a snappy return from the feds will erase the bad taste from the last I poorly chose. If you're ever in Lacey, Washington,  avoid KP Gunworks. I experienced every stereotypical gun shop nightmare in one visit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:17:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my F4 back in 4 days, my F1 is at 1 day right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:18:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Submitted Saturday.

I'm already pissed I'm not approved.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:18:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

I'm at 3 weeks now. Coworker went to Tennessee Silencer and did the eForm 4 on the Silencer Shop kiosk. Got his approved yesterday for both his cans.
Another coworker is approaching 6 months.
View Quote

What part of TN is that in? are they in the middle region? Clarksville/Nashville/mboro or near those areas at all?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:25:44 PM EDT
[#14]
Today's Form 1.  7.62x25 Master race.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:56:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: QRB] [#15]
Originally Posted By bikedamon:

https://i.ibb.co/sVhSn3W/440475283-1336921347699726-303744727096082632-n.jpg
View Quote

Very nice! I'm in the process of building one of those. The parts kits are pretty reasonable right now.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:09:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:20:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bikedamon] [#17]
Originally Posted By QRB:

Very nice! I'm in the process of building one of those. The parts kits are pretty reasonable right now.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By QRB:

I bought it whole from GrabAGun, then used a parts kit for the folding stock mechanism.  The parts kit was the best source for cheap additional mags too, as you probably know.

Then I got another from GrabAGun in 9mm, uses the same mags that the 7.62 version uses.  Nifty.  I simply marked the mags & guns with caliber in Sharpie.  

Not a lot of cool old-school mil-surp stuff like this still floating around for cheap.  I highly recommend GrabAGun's "Get A Quote" feature.  If you see a gun you want with that button enabled, hit it and they send you a limited time huge discount offer.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:55:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Good luck!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By seaskidoo:

Alright, submitted, lets see if it does anything. Thanks for the info.

Good luck!

Thanks I also subnitted.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:50:02 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote

What is that?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:55:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: astrocreep96] [#20]
Well, my form 4 trust application for a full auto m16 was disapproved.  Reason given was "Due to a system error the form 4 submitted form did not generate, please resubmit the form 4, refund has been requested."

Well shit.  I know it will get fixed, but its been 3 months now since I dropped $43k on a gun and now I'm starting over.

I also have a KAC can sitting in limbo, my dealer can't figure out what is going on, amd each time I email SilencerShop they say it is being processed even though nothing has changed for a month on their website.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:04:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TNVC] [#21]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:09:55 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:

What is that?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Utahshooting:

What is that?

PPS-43c. Polish arms company Pioneer made semis out of a bunch of left over Soviet stocks left behind.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Individual can spent one business day waiting for the atf.  Trust with one member has been two months and counting
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:52:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Submitted an Individual form 1 for an SBR on 4/28 at around 9 PM, received my approval at 6:28 this morning. This included 3 days for "pending research" as my lower manufacturer was not in the drop down list.

Also my first time submitting the the EFT file for the fingerprints, didn't think they went through because when it switched to pending approval, they sent me the cover letter to be attached to the ink prints to be mailed in. Called ATF and left a message asking if I could send another attachment yesterday, but obviously that question was answered.

I was actually expecting this one to get denied because I found two errors I made after I submitted the form. I missed filling in my county of residence and put United States as the address for the receiver manufacturer instead of city and state. Surprised that they let that slide. However I did provide pics of the receiver markings and have several other stamps so guess that was good enough.

I will probably do another SBR here in the next month or so. This one has been the fastest stamp I have had. Last form 1 came through in 28 days, that was the last day of August in 2022.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:09:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: networkguru] [#25]
Form 4 individual submitted on friday.
Approved today 5/7.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:54:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By elgin25:

What part of TN is that in? are they in the middle region? Clarksville/Nashville/mboro or near those areas at all?
View Quote

Knoxville area.

@elgin25
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 5:56:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Submitted form 4 individual saturday.
Approval came at 5am today
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 8:09:57 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By nictra:
certified Friday 5/3, still no approval yet.
View Quote
email came through at 1:40 pm CST for approval on 5/7/24
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#29]
Submitting a Form 1 for an SBR this morning, we'll see how long it takes.  

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:08:48 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Action45] [#30]
Originally Posted By Into_the_Void:
Submitted Saturday.

I'm already pissed I'm not approved.
View Quote

I’m at 2 weeks today. Patience is starting to wear thin, you assholes told me it would be 48-72 hours. Lol
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:08:58 AM EDT
[#31]
The new normal for a clean eform is supposed to be one week.

ATF Update: More Transferrable MGs and One-Week NFA Transfers
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#32]
My El Camino just got approved this morning. 05/03-05/08.
Submitted at 5pm Friday 05/03. Not a bad turn around.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#33]
They're definitely running automated approvals since my approval was at 5am.

Why isn't it faster?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 9:49:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#34]
Originally Posted By Action45:

I’m at 2 weeks today. Patience is starting to wear thin, you assholes told me it would be 48-72 hours. Lol
View Quote

44 days. I am past thin patience, I am pissed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:46:28 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Action45:

73 days
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:54:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Manduck:
I purchased a new suppressor on Saturday and while I was at the shop I had them help me submit an Eform Form 1 to SBR a lower I had.
Received both approvals back today - 1.5 business day turnaround.  Amazing.
View Quote

Same. Submitted an eForm 1 on Saturday. Came back approved today (Wednesday).
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:58:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:

I have a f/a Colt M16A1 on my trust that was submitted on 3/15 and is STILL waiting.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By astrocreep96:
Originally Posted By ttushooter:
Originally Posted By The_Five_Elements:
Our trusts being approved at the same speed or is this for individual only?

Per others in the thread, trusts are taking longer

I have a f/a Colt M16A1 on my trust that was submitted on 3/15 and is STILL waiting.

Should have done individual and then transferred it to your trust. What’s another $200 on a $40k purchase?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:41:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Goddamn, this feels like a dream.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:00:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I have to say, this makes me Giddy.

1) People are no longer being punished with punitive long waits for approval
2) More people than ever are interested in suppressors which is GREAT
3) This increase in interest is going to lead to more and better products, which is outstanding

If you don't have one, get one. If you have one, get more. They are great.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:20:18 PM EDT
[#40]
Bought mine on 3/8 through local shop using silencer shop. First one. Between the dipshits at the store and silencer shop it did not get certified til 4/2. No approval yet. Looks like I’m in for the long haul.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:21:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By DriftingArmed:
Bought mine on 3/8 through local shop using silencer shop. First one. Between the dipshits at the store and silencer shop it did not get certified til 4/2. No approval yet. Looks like I’m in for the long haul.
View Quote

eForm, individual?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:50:17 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By djkest:

eForm, individual?
View Quote

Correct
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:53:08 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote

54 days today. Sucks.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:23:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Two single shot trust eform 4’s submitted on 3/25, and I’m still waiting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:32:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 3:38:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Glocked] [#46]

Why isn't it faster?
View All Quotes

Why isn't it faster?

As of 5/1
Total number of live applications undergoing further background check research by FBI-NICS: 85,752

That number was 79,XXX on 4/1. NICS is likely the source of many of the delays.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:05:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: pestilence12] [#47]
Originally Posted By Glocked:

As of 5/1

View Quote

I cannot believe that is the cause for delay. It has to be something else.

I have an uncommon name (first and last), I have 5 other stamps approved, I gave my social sec number, I have never once in all my gun-buying years been delayed on a 4473 or any other background check for anything (loan, renter, job, etc), I bought 3 new guns over the last year, I have a security clearance through the .gov and held that actively for almost 3 years, I have the squeakiest record ever (not even a speeding ticket to my name), filed as individual so no trust...

I just can't fathom why I'm getting delayed, again. My first form 4, about 4 years ago, took 14 months when the average was reported at 8-10 months. I swore then that it wasn't worth it and I wasn't gonna do it again. 14 months wait is exceedingly gay. I form 1'd a suppressor after reports that the AFT had relaxed on making your own (after the whole solvent trap thing), which went through pretty painlessly.

After seeing that many, many people were getting eform4's back in less than a week, and SilencerShop reporting an average 4 day wait, I went ahead and bought another can instead of just form 1-ing another one. Well, stupid fucking me, cuz here I am waiting WAY past the average, yet again. I could have had a form1 back in this amount of time or faster, and been on my way to machining a can.

Stupid fucking process, stupid fucking system, stupid fucking dogshit government agency.

end rant. I feel better now.

Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:19:22 PM EDT
[#48]

I have an uncommon name (first and last), I have 5 other stamps approved, I gave my social sec number, I have never once in all my gun-buying years been delayed on a 4473 or any other background check for anything (loan, renter, job, etc), I bought 3 new guns over the last year, I have a security clearance through the .gov and held that actively for almost 3 years, I have the squeakiest record ever (not even a speeding ticket to my name), filed as individual so no trust...

I just can't fathom why I'm getting delayed, again. My first form 4, about 4 years ago, took 14 months when the average was reported at 8-10 months. I swore then that it wasn't worth it and I wasn't gonna do it again. 14 months wait is gay. I form 1'd a suppressor after reports that the AFT had relaxed on making your own (after the whole solvent trap thing), which went through pretty painlessly.

After seeing that many, many people were getting eform4's back in less than a week, and SilencerShop reporting an average 4 day wait, I went ahead and bought another can instead of just form 1-ing another one. Well, stupid fucking me, cuz here I am waiting WAY past the average, yet again. I could have had a form1 back in this amount of time or faster, and been on my way to machining a can.

Stupid fucking process, stupid fucking system, stupid fucking dogshit government agency.

View All Quotes

As of 5/1

I just can't fathom why I'm getting delayed, again. My first form 4, about 4 years ago, took 14 months when the average was reported at 8-10 months. I swore then that it wasn't worth it and I wasn't gonna do it again. 14 months wait is gay. I form 1'd a suppressor after reports that the AFT had relaxed on making your own (after the whole solvent trap thing), which went through pretty painlessly.

NICS is a shitty and inefficient government system that relies on other shitty and inefficient government systems.

Have you applied for an UPIN? If there is no reason to have one, they’ll reject your application. If they see there is a reason for them to approve it, maybe it’ll help speed stuff up for you. Have you requested your IdHS to see if there is any incorrect information NICS is seeing in there?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:26:38 PM EDT
[#49]

NICS is a shitty and inefficient government system that relies on other shitty and inefficient government systems.

Have you applied for an UPIN? If there is no reason to have one, they’ll reject your application. If they see there is a reason for them to approve it, maybe it’ll help speed stuff up for you. Have you requested your IdHS to see if there is any incorrect information NICS is seeing in there?
View Quote

No to either of those. No UPIN, never applied for one. No IdHS, but I'm also not sure what that is.

The fucked part is they don't even tell you where you're at, or what they're seeing on your application that may cause a delay. If they'd just fucking tell me, then I could address it. I also don't use a prefix or anything on my name that SS was saying could cause delays.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 4:26:48 PM EDT
[#50]
Bought a can through ss 5/3/2024 and I’m sitting at preparing for efiles.  Was told on the phone this morning that my can will ship next week due to a 2 week back log.  Fuck me.  I hope it approves fast after I certify next week I hope, or the week after.
Page / 9
Top Top