Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Golf
Posted: 4/28/2024 12:49:05 PM EDT
Anyone else use them?  

I really liked the KE4 Max irons before I fell into the Callaway Paradym irons, and still use a hybrid and FW.

I gave the KE4 Max irons to a friend who loves them.

I'm tempted to try some of their forged iron offerings, since my iron game is pretty good right now.
Link Posted: 4/28/2024 11:20:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I was looking real hard at them. I probably would have tried them if I hadn’t came across the deal I got on my T300’s. I do have a KE4 3h that’s stupid easy to hit.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 9:25:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I ordered a 5w to try.  The non-adjustable TC IST is 17* so almost a 4w.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:11:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:30:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By JCoop:
Wait. Somebody makes a 3 hybrid?
View Quote

The KE4 Tour TC hybrids come in a 2 if you want it.  17*

The 3 is 19*

I have the 5 (25*) and love it for longish par 3's.  It doesn't go hard left on me like some hybrids.
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/30/2024 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#6]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By optimator:
I was looking real hard at them. I probably would have tried them if I hadn't came across the deal I got on my T300's. I do have a KE4 3h that's stupid easy to hit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#7]
@JCoop

What shafts do you play?
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 8:52:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#9]
I was thinking of building a driving iron for windy days.  So far all I have purchased from them is shafts and grips and the supplies needed to assemble the clubs.
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 12:24:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Regular.
View All Quotes
@JCoop

What shafts do you play?
Regular.

That 3h i have is a regular. I’m playing Cobra King Tec’s now so the Maltby is just sitting in the corner. If you want it message me your address & I’ll send it to you
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 7:56:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/1/2024 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Thats a generous offer. I'll pm you and if it and I don't get along well I'll forward it to another arfcom duffer.
View All Quotes

That 3h i have is a regular. I'm playing Cobra King Tec's now so the Maltby is just sitting in the corner. If you want it message me your address & I'll send it to you
Thats a generous offer. I'll pm you and if it and I don't get along well I'll forward it to another arfcom duffer.

Sounds good man, I’ll get it coming your way tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 10:04:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Maltby are good. But the market is flooded with direct to consumer brands now. Sub70, Takomo, New Level, heck even Costco now.  So Maltby are still good. But not the gem they used to be for cheap. My travel set of irons are New Level 902 forged and they are sooooo soft and inexpensive so if lost in flight, I will not feel as bad as my  $1000 plus dollar other iron sets I have.
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 8:49:55 AM EDT
[#14]
They shipped my KE4 IST 5w!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 12:28:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/9/2024 6:38:54 PM EDT
[#16]
@optimator

Club arrived today. Box was beat to hell but the club is fine. Looks brand new! Thank you!

I'm going to hit a few out in the field today and play a round with it Monday.
View Quote

Awesome, let us know if it works for you. I’m glad it arrived in one piece!
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 8:12:33 AM EDT
[#17]
The IST 5w is here, now I just need time to get out and hit it.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 4:34:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:19:12 PM EDT
[#19]
@optimator

Okay, this Maltby hybrid is staying in the bag! I played it today and like it a lot. Very solid feel, control and distance. Seems nicely forgiving, too. Thanks!

Actually shot my PB, an 83. Could easily have broken 80 if not for a blow up hole and a couple double bogeys.
View Quote

Great news man. I'm really happy it made the bag. And congrats on the new PB!
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 8:11:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:41:36 PM EDT
[#21]
Thanks!

The first couple of strokes with the Maltby were just a little fat. I realized the shaft is a bit longer than my other hybrids so I adjusted my stance a hair and focused on staying still during the backswing - basically let the club do the work. I'm impressed with what you can get out of a $69 club.
View Quote

I haven’t tried any of their other stuff, but a lot of guys at WRX swear by Maltby.
Link Posted: 5/15/2024 12:29:56 AM EDT
[#22]
Everything I've used from Maltby has been good.  Never had a problem with any of it.  

I'm still using their wedges.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 7:47:18 AM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By Logcutter:
The IST 5w is here, now I just need time to get out and hit it.

View Quote

Yeah, this thing is amazing.  I can't e wait for league tonight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2024 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 10:56:21 AM EDT
[#25]
Anyone try their driving irons? I've been thinking about getting one to mess around with, brand new for under 100 bucks seems like a good deal.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 4:53:35 PM EDT
[#26]
I played another round yesterday and I found that I am using the 3h a LOT. It's really filling a gap I had in distance off the grass and even off a tee. It's especially helpful with a few holes that are doglegs where a driver was too long and the 4h was hit-or-miss short.
View All Quotes

I haven't tried any of their other stuff, but a lot of guys at WRX swear by Maltby.
I played another round yesterday and I found that I am using the 3h a LOT. It's really filling a gap I had in distance off the grass and even off a tee. It's especially helpful with a few holes that are doglegs where a driver was too long and the 4h was hit-or-miss short.

The versatility on them is pretty amazing. When I played on Tuesday I had a bad drive that landed in the deep rough way out of the fairway. I was about 105 out. This crap was so thick I figured it would just stop an iron. I hit a pretty easy 1/2 swing with my 5h and ended up about 10 feet from the green. Hybrids really have their place, for me anyways.
Page General » Golf
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top