Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/7/2024 3:01:29 PM EDT
Porsche owner fined for stock exhaust

The red light cams also have microphones to automatically trigger a ticket for if it thinks your car is too loud.  How does it really know what car it heard if theres other traffic?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m amazed we haven’t seen a rash of clandestine destruction of these devices, kinda like what I’ve seen in London.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:04:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ambridge77] [#2]
NYC is AIDS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:10:00 PM EDT
[#3]
NYC.  yep.

but you can rape, murder and loot...

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:13:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
NYC.  yep.

View Quote

because this all is about revenue, not crime.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:15:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Someone had to pay for the invasion
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:17:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Move to a free state !
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:18:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Twisted10] [#7]
Originally Posted By seek2:

because this all is about revenue, not crime.
View Quote

they know they can get money out of you.

there is no money in busting people who dont have money...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#8]
In the video, Jerry can be seen accelerating up to a stoplight, triggering the camera, which highlights his car in the process. The camera recorded a noise level of 90.4 decibels
View Quote

Noise Could Take Years Off Your Life. Here’s How.

A growing body of research shows that this kind of chronic noise — which rattles the neighborhood over 280 times a day, more than 105,000 each year — is not just annoying. It is a largely unrecognized health threat that is increasing the risk of hypertension, stroke and heart attacks worldwide, including for more than 100 million Americans.

...According to the World Health Organization, average road traffic noise above 53 dB or average aircraft noise exposure above about 45 dB are associated with adverse health effects.
View Quote

In all honesty people do not have the right to unlimited noise pollution.  NYC is noisy as fuck and it's past time for noisy fucks to pay for their obnoxiousness.

Also the USSC needs to remove silencers off the NFA list immediately.  Do it for the children.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#9]
Ask yourself "Would commie-loving authoritarian a-holes do this?"  If the answer is yes, then yep that's New York.  
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:32 PM EDT
[#10]
Seinfeld really should move his Porsche collection out of NYC.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:24:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes and its only getting worse.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#12]
The lesson is clear: anyone with a loud exhaust, even if it’s stock, needs to be careful in places with these noise pollution laws.
View Quote

That isn't the lesson I took from the story.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:33:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By R_S:

In all honesty people do not have the right to unlimited noise pollution.  NYC is noisy as fuck and it's past time for noisy fucks to pay for their obnoxiousness.

Also the USSC needs to remove silencers off the NFA list immediately.  Do it for the children.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
In the video, Jerry can be seen accelerating up to a stoplight, triggering the camera, which highlights his car in the process. The camera recorded a noise level of 90.4 decibels

A growing body of research shows that this kind of chronic noise — which rattles the neighborhood over 280 times a day, more than 105,000 each year — is not just annoying. It is a largely unrecognized health threat that is increasing the risk of hypertension, stroke and heart attacks worldwide, including for more than 100 million Americans.

...According to the World Health Organization, average road traffic noise above 53 dB or average aircraft noise exposure above about 45 dB are associated with adverse health effects.

Like building next to an airport or shooting range, building next to busy streets and expecting moments of solitude is wishful at best.  There is no reasonable expectation of quietness in a city that never sleeps.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:48:07 PM EDT
[#14]
I'd roll up to one of those lights with a group of friends in cars with loud exhausts and have them all rev the engines. Then, whoever gets the ticket, we'd all show up in court in his defense and make whoever tell us which one, specifically, was in violation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:00:26 PM EDT
[#15]
"Last year, the state implemented a law that installed numerous $35,000 noise cameras across the city."

Say waaaaaaat????

What the hell are they made of, inconel, hastelloy, waspaloy , or gold???

Yeah, fuck that shit. How so many people still live there is beyond me.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:04:24 PM EDT
[#16]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

45 dB? That's like a whisper. Normal conversion is 60 dB. Fuck right off with that BS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Nice article

He admits to driving over the speed limit, traveling at 25 mph in a 35 mph zone.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:14:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By BBFCM:
Nice article

He admits to driving over the speed limit, traveling at 25 mph in a 35 mph zone.
View Quote
"We've increased the speed limit from 45 mph to 25 mph, comrade."
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:16:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By G-REM:
I’m amazed we haven’t seen a rash of clandestine destruction of these devices, kinda like what I’ve seen in London.
View Quote

NY men are neutered.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:18:37 PM EDT
[#20]
How much copper are in these cameras?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:18:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Your move, California.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Its worse than you think.

Because it's full of New Yorkers.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:38:39 PM EDT
[#23]
Exhaust noise? Don't you get fines for simply using your horn in NYC?

Honestly, no fucks given. They should ban cars entirely from NYC and other major metro areas.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:46:05 PM EDT
[#24]
Fuck  NY
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:49:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Not like we needed more proof that NYC hates freedom, but here we are.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:25:59 PM EDT
[#26]

View Quote

With so much being illegal in NYS it is somewhat surprising that the state does not have a basic noise ordinance. It is up to each county or town to make up their own.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:29:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Big Brother is watching you.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#28]
Somebody gotta foot the bill for all those budding cancer curers flooding the city from all over the 3rd world.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:51:10 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By RayFromJersey:
Exhaust noise? Don't you get fines for simply using your horn in NYC?

Honestly, no fucks given. They should ban cars entirely from NYC and other major metro areas.
View Quote

They proposed that in 2019
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:59:34 PM EDT
[#30]
Just when I think MA is the biggest fag state. I don’t believe we even have speed cameras anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:25:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:33:31 PM EDT
[#32]
Because when I think NYC I think peace and quiet. That ship sailed decades if not centuries ago.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:56:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Are Harley’s legal in NY?

Because those things are louder than any (street legal) car I’ve ever heard.

Those sound like they don’t even have a muffler.

When on a walk up here, even with Apple AP Pro V2 and noise cancellation active, you can still hear one loud and clear as it passes.

In California I had a 94 Mustang GT and my uncle put a new exhaust on it. I think Flow Master if I remember correctly.

Worst decision I ever made. Long drives gave me a headache. I went from loving that car to, fuuuuuuck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:59:50 PM EDT
[#34]
The government is wise. The government knows what us best...

...for us
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:00:29 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Twisted10:
NYC.  yep.

View Quote

You didn't say rape twice ...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#36]
My first ticket (Ohio) was an excessive noise citation for souped-up '55 Chevy.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By CrazyIvan6115:
"Last year, the state implemented a law that installed numerous $35,000 noise cameras across the city."

Say waaaaaaat????

What the hell are they made of, inconel, hastelloy, waspaloy , or gold???

Yeah, fuck that shit. How so many people still live there is beyond me.
View Quote

They are made of kick backs and campaign contributions.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:41:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By G-REM:
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#40]
NY. The place where Kitty Genovese would get a ticket for being too noisy, and her attacker would get released without bond.
Top Top