Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 5/7/2024 2:57:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim]
Getting close to EDC Week now.  Electric Daisy Carnival runs 17-19 May, dusk to dawn, at the Las Vegas Speedway.  Lights, lasers, fireworks, performers, rides, massive crowds, a bunch of stages, and a wide range of outfits.  (Looking so far to be a hot one, so some of those outfits will be "outfits" -- putting it nicely.)  Jet flyovers in the morning for the campers.

It's an annual event for my wife and I.  The packing pile has started.  Anyone else going?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:52:32 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By WaylonLemmyJohnny:
Nope
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I'll be in Colorado. Good luck.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:56:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By vim:
Getting close to EDC Week now.  Electric Daisy Carnival runs 17-19 May, dusk to dawn, at the Las Vegas Speedway.  Lights, lasers, fireworks, performers, rides, massive crowds, a bunch of stages, and a wide range of outfits.  (Looking so far to be a hot one, so some of those outfits will be "outfits" -- putting it nicely.)  Jet flyovers in the morning for the campers.

It's an annual event for my wife and I.  The packing pile has started.  Anyone else going?
View Quote

I'm out.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Glad you’re having fun. I stay as far away as I can from that place on normal days.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Is your name Nigel?
Electric Daisy Carnival 2010 Auditions Episode 3
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Osprey61:

I'm out.
View Quote

Massive crowds of mollied out, barely clothed thots?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:31:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I want to go next year. Any tips would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:33:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By 0001:
View Quote

Rent a helicopter to get you to and from
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:37:45 PM EDT
[#10]
I’ve been to Vegas a few times at the same time as the carnival or festival or whatever

Not my cup of tea but hope you have a blast.

Haven’t been to Vegas in a year and I’m starting to jones for it. Normally we go 3 times at least every year.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:40:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#11]
View Quote

Get on the mailing list and be ready to order your tickets when they go on sale.  Like, if ticket sales start one day at 10AM, hit the ticket site at 10AM.  If you get tickets, they're easier the next year with early access to them.

Aside from that, the main thing is where you stay:  either in Las Vegas, and then you have to buy shuttle passes (don't depend on Uber/Lyft), or you pay for Camp EDC, which lets you check in early Thursday morning and check out Monday afternoon.  I pay for camp, and this year Eric Prydz is playing the camp opening party on Thursday night.  (EDC itself is Friday through Sunday nights.)  The tents are shiftpods, and have power strips and a/c (sometimes great, sometimes marginal).  Camp is apparently the world's largest astroturf installation.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:41:46 PM EDT
[#12]
@Cliff556
@DenverDan

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:46:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a VERY soft target... watch out for paramotors.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:51:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#14]
God speed rave grandpa.  Maybe when I retire.  Pics when you get a chance!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:53:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By JLPettimoreIII:
@Cliff556
@DenverDan

View Quote

C’mon Cliff. Ya know ya want to. I’ve met the OP.  He’s a good dude.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:53:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By TheWhiteHorse:
Sounds like a VERY soft target... watch out for paramotors.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:54:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By denverdan:

C'mon Cliff. Ya know ya want to. I've met the OP.  He's a good dude.
View Quote
*EDM starts playing*
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:54:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C3H5N3O9] [#18]
*EDM starts playing*
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

C'mon Cliff. Ya know ya want to. I've met the OP.  He's a good dude.
*EDM starts playing*

Boots n jeans n boots n jeans…Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Get on the mailing list and be ready to order your tickets when they go on sale.  Like, if ticket sales start one day at 10AM, hit the ticket site at 10AM.  If you get tickets, they're easier the next year with early access to them.

Aside from that, the main thing is where you stay:  either in Las Vegas, and then you have to buy shuttle passes (don't depend on Uber/Lyft), or you pay for Camp EDC, which lets you check in early Thursday morning and check out Monday afternoon.  I pay for camp, and this year Eric Prydz is playing the camp opening party on Thursday night.  (EDC itself is Friday through Sunday nights.)  The tents are shiftpods, and have power strips and a/c (sometimes great, sometimes marginal).  Camp is apparently the world's largest astroturf installation.
View All Quotes

Thanks. Any opinion on Hotel EDC. I checked out the website.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:03:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Looks like fun.  Loved fantasy Fest in Key West, I have to check out edc sometime
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:08:22 PM EDT
[#21]
A few years ago we stayed at the gold nugget on fremont.  Our room was on about the 15th floor facing the downtown events center.  There were earplugs in the nightstands.  No idea why.

About 1am when we got back to our room it was obvious what the earplugs were for.  There was an edm rave going on at the event center.

I felt like I was looking into the very depths of hell, and that it had a soundtrack.

There was a line at the front desk in the morning to change rooms.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:09:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#22]

View All Quotes

I think for the people who need to stay in hotels, it could be fun  Anything at camp is only open to campers.  Hotel EDC expands things for the noncampers.  Once I park my car at the speedway on Thursday, I'm there until I pull out of the lot Monday afternoon.  For us, the main thing is EDC, where we stay until 6AM each day.  So daytime activities even at camp will get preempted by us in favor of [attempted] sleep.  We don't do the knee-deep jammed daytime pool party thing.  Zzzzzzzzz.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:19:07 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:
God speed rave grandpa.  Maybe when I retire.  Pics when you get a chance!
View Quote

Thanks, I'm really looking forward to it.

Yeah, the pics.  Getting pics from inside EDC that won't cause the GD mods to start twitching isn't trivial.

Best I can do ATM is a store photo of one of my wife's outfits this year.  I think that one's okay for GD.  Rave grandma outfit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote
Buy your tickets as soon as they go on sale.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:27:23 PM EDT
[#25]

View All Quotes
@Cliff556
@DenverDan

Appreciate the comment.  I'll try not to get arrested -- but no guarantees.  (Shit happens ... just sayin'.)
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:32:35 PM EDT
[#26]
Was in Vegas for the WSOP around 10 years ago. It just happened to be during the EDC festival. I'll never make that mistake again. Hotel was full of wasted kids, some could barely stand others passed out and being carried onto the elevators. Complete shit show!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:37:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#27]
Originally Posted By shaneus:
A few years ago we stayed at the gold nugget on fremont.  Our room was on about the 15th floor facing the downtown events center.  There were earplugs in the nightstands.  No idea why.

About 1am when we got back to our room it was obvious what the earplugs were for.  There was an edm rave going on at the event center.

I felt like I was looking into the very depths of hell, and that it had a soundtrack.

There was a line at the front desk in the morning to change rooms.
View Quote

I guess Svdden Death/Voyd was on the lineup.  Or Lil Nas.  

There's a big range of styles.  We'll go see Purple Disco Machine and have fun dancing; at the other end of the spectrum is some darker stuff, not really my thing.  There's even going to be a country theme this year called YeeDC or something like that.  I want to go check that one out.

But earplugs -- not really optional.  Inside, it is loud.  We put our earplugs on in the concourse and then go in.  And the sound hits.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Jakezor:
Is your name Nigel?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DBQD6mWEfDM
View Quote

Nigel gets around.  He was also in my 2021 after-thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#29]
In for pics.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:58:16 PM EDT
[#30]
been tempted for a long time to just load up a giant cooler full of waters and sell them outside...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:58:22 PM EDT
[#31]
I’m conservative so I’ll pass
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By ArpaioFan:
View Quote

What does that mean?

I consider myself conservative and listen to a ton of EDM. Last year I did 4 days on Ibiza and spent 2 nights at Pacha and saw the sun rise. Good times.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:46:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#33]
View Quote

I know or have met a good number of attendees who are economically/politically conservative.  It's more about the kind of music you enjoy.

I do me; I let the other attendees worry about themselves.  But if seeing something you don't approve of would bother you to the point of ruining your night ... definitely pass.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:48:40 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Conservatives aren’t allowed to have fun? Huh news to me.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 10:49:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By Obo2:
been tempted for a long time to just load up a giant cooler full of waters and sell them outside...
View Quote

One of the things they get right is free water inside.  But they ditched Red Bull in favor of Ghost, and people are cranky about that.

Individual wet wipes would probably sell too.  Some of those portapotties get epic.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 11:03:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Being around a huge crowd of stoned/drunk people with overly loud music isn't my thing. Yup I'm a boomer.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:06:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By anthem_of_the_mind:
Glad you're having fun. I stay as far away as I can from that place on normal days.
View Quote
I went at Christmas time.  New Years is a zoo, which makes Christmas dead.  No crowds, no lines at restaurants.  

Not planning any trips in the near future.  Change is good.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:07:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#38]
I would rather masturbate with a cheese grater.

But, have a great time.

I’m 50, I hate crowds, and I dislike intoxicated people. I do like scantily clad, inshape, women though.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 12:18:47 PM EDT
[#39]
As someone who lived in Las Vegas for nine long years and left two ex-wives there:

LOL. Fuck that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:00:04 PM EDT
[#40]
EDC LOL that is a freak show. I will make sure I am in another state when it goes off this year. The freaks would show up at the hotels around 0600 each morning all high and drunk and useless.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#41]

It's a freak show BUT it brings in the cash, and the locals don't hate it as they hate the F1.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:07:35 PM EDT
[#42]
If you see my girl Molly out there, let me know.

Watch out for the Cuban pick pockets that come looking for phones.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm conservative so I'll pass
View Quote
EDM is the last bastion of white culture. I would argue that you can't get any more conservative than that.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:23:08 PM EDT
[#44]
I'll be there, staying at Camp EDC in a shiftpod.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:50:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: vim] [#45]
Originally Posted By UV18:
If you see my girl Molly out there, let me know.

Watch out for the Cuban pick pockets that come looking for phones.
View Quote

Not much doubt that I'll see Molly; she gets around.  But she's kinda toxic, you know?  She's fun, sure, but if you hang out with her all the time, sooner or later it's always them waves of negativity, man.

Pickpocket rings ... Would it be PLUR to curb-stomp them?  I had a baggie of kandi give-aways lifted from my hydration carrier once.  I was a little bit amused -- it was in an outside pocket and what it was, was visible -- but I was also inconvenienced by the loss.   I'd be really pissed to lose a phone.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Not going but tagged for interest. Taking my kid and her boyfriend to the airport and they are attending.
Are they gonna get roofied and abused?
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:53:49 PM EDT
[#47]
The Cubans need a stomping. I give you a green light. They are a traveling crew from Miami and ship all the phones back there to take apart to use in their store.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 1:54:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By CentralScrutinizer:
Not going but tagged for interest. Taking my kid and her boyfriend to the airport and they are attending.
View Quote

Raping isn't really a problem. Chicks have been laying out there passed out and naked without an issue. I would be more worried over the night club scene.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#49]
Such a shitshow. Last year cost my insurance company over 30k when an uninsured, high off his gourd driver, decided to make an illegal left turn and plow into my truck.  Once he realized there was no way he could make it my fault he left the scene rather quickly.  Thankfully had a picture of his license, and a bunch of pictures of his car.
Link Posted: 5/8/2024 2:25:57 PM EDT
[#50]

Raping isn't really a problem. Chicks have been laying out there passed out and naked without an issue. I would be more worried over the night club scene.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CentralScrutinizer:

Thanks for the info. I'm not overly concerned as she's "reasonably level headed" for a millennial anyway, and he's a decent kid.
They are doing the hotel stay with no camping and AFAIK are only doing the festival thing and not other night clubs.
But you can never let your guard down.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top