User Panel

Page / 70
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:56:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 10:57:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: michigan66] [#2]

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:04:10 AM EDT
[#3]

Speaking at the European Economic Congress in the Polish city of Katowice, Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk called on countries to increase defense spending and once again raised the idea of building a common European air defense system.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AlmightyTallest:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM2n02OWQAAwcc8?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM2o2iRWwAAQxk5?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote
I would like to see Aim-9X get a ground launch booster to increase its range.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:10:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4xGM300m] [#5]
Originally Posted By NEXT23:

A German private target practice Learjet........what in the Volkswagen.......I don't understand
View Quote

GFD Gesellschaft für Flugzieldarstellung

@NEXT23
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:27:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Prime:

Not actually my idea, it was a group effort. But we could tell we’d lost a lot of people.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By fervid_dryfire:
Thank you so much for creating another important, relevant thread.  

I was shadow-banned from the Russo-Ukrainian thread (made unable to comment but no warning issued "on record"), so I relish the opportunity to interact again.  

Regarding recent thoughts: I wouldn't put it past Putin to arrange a false flag that gives him an excuse to attack Georgia, in the same way that he did to excuse his past attacks against Chechnya.  

I believe such a false flag will be conducted sloppily and everyone but the Russian people will be able to see it for what it is...which may be especially useful to "wake up" the rest of Eastern Europe and the West to see that they need to exhibit courage and put down some serious support toward defeating Russia and/or removing Putin.

Hopefully this will have an additional effect of forcing  China to back off against Taiwan or anywhere else, allowing the rest of the world time to reflect and reconstitute.

Not actually my idea, it was a group effort. But we could tell we’d lost a lot of people.

I was also "shadow banned".  No notifications, or messages of any kind, just could not comment any more.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:30:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:37:58 AM EDT
[#8]
the DPICM on a group of pinned down Russians, oof.

https://x.com/UKikaski/status/1787798032529957158
View Quote

Guys surrendering starting at 2:10.  Man, dicey shit.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By klinc:

This give any indication of how it would go in a North Vs. South Korea dust-up again or are these just old as shit and not taken care of munitions?
View All Quotes

In previously unreported details of an investigation under way into the missiles, the office of Ukraine's top prosecutor, Andriy Kostin, also told Reuters that the failure rate of the North Korean weaponry appeared to be high.

This give any indication of how it would go in a North Vs. South Korea dust-up again or are these just old as shit and not taken care of munitions?

At least one that the Ukrainians examined was very recent production, within the last couple of years.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#10]

Spot on.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:57:09 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

Good vid, thanks for your posts.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:00:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By borderpatrol:

Really? The MIC, or if you prefer the arsenal of democracy, has created the finest weapons ever known to man, produced them in quantity, employed millions of Americans, improved our balance of trade and made our enemies jealous and fearful.

I don't like paying taxes, but every dollar spent in the nation's defense makes me smile. In fact, it's one of the only legitimate use of tax dollars according to our Constitution.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BigGrumpyBear:

See! More proof the MIC is fucking over the American taxpayer!

We spend billions every year buying new stuff from them because they designed all of our bombs, explosives, missiles and shells to be one use items! Eisenhower warned us about this!

Really? The MIC, or if you prefer the arsenal of democracy, has created the finest weapons ever known to man, produced them in quantity, employed millions of Americans, improved our balance of trade and made our enemies jealous and fearful.

I don't like paying taxes, but every dollar spent in the nation's defense makes me smile. In fact, it's one of the only legitimate use of tax dollars according to our Constitution.

I think that was sarcasm!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:05:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By ITCHY-FINGER:

Apparently they need to face those missiles in the other direction, towards the stern. The drone pilot knew it was getting shot at from all the bullet splashes but launching the missile forward would have been futile. At least to the rear the helo pilot may have some respect for it.
View Quote

One facing forward, and one facing aft would probably be best
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 12:56:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By K0UA:

I was also "shadow banned".  No notifications, or messages of any kind, just could not comment any more.
View Quote

I also...for the offense of criticizing MTG's stance on Ukrainian aid.

You could post disparaging remarks about Biden all day long, but bring up Mike Johnson or MTG and you were banned.

The old thread was a treasure for many of us, and it's a shame a new thread was the only way around the unpredictable banning of participants that brought value to the thread.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By lorazepam:
View Quote

For true accuracy at least 70% of the boys and probably two or three of the girls need to die in battle.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:14:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Some more archival footage from our Special Forces
Two years ago, on May 7, 2022, fighters from the SSU's Central Special Forces "A", the Defense Intelligence of Ukraine, the Armed Forces of Ukraine and others raided Zmeinyi Island by helicopter landing.

https://twitter.com/small10space/status/1787847451518410778

???????? ?? ??????? ? ??????????? ????? ???????.?????? ???????? ? ???????????? ??????? ??? ????? ???
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:29:53 PM EDT
[#18]
View Quote

"After treatment, he requested a medical examination in order to become eligible to receive veteran's benefits, but the MoD hospital refused. A court sided with the MoD, and ruled that he was not entitled to such an examination because Storm Z convicts are not servicemembers nor have they signed contracts with volunteer units.

The stories and even books that will come out from this war, especially from the Russian side, will be epic. The craziest epic SEAL book will pale compared to one of the thousands of "from serial killer, to prison, to Storm Z, to Ukrainian front, to shooting my C/O and then getting captured, then getting traded and returning home to more serial killing, to back to Storm Z"...Can anything compete this this insanity?!?!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:35:14 PM EDT
[#19]

View Quote
You might wanna recalibrate your Sarcasmeter.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 1:38:34 PM EDT
[#20]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM-w5dbXIAA1KIE?format=png&name=900x900
View Quote
To be fair i can see 5 typhoons transponders on  over the uk in the pic ,i check them most nights and they be out playin a lot

A few weeks back we had two fast and two low and slow over us with nothing on flightradar

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:08:05 PM EDT
[#21]

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM2n02OWQAAwcc8?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM2o2iRWwAAQxk5?format=jpg&name=medium

View Quote

Hungary operates NASAMS?! According to the sign in the picture...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:18:18 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#22]

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:28:59 PM EDT
[#23]

My sanity is always in question, but I think Ukraine capturing Transnistria is a legitimate goal as far as supplies are concerned. It eliminates a Russian enclave at their rear, helps their neighbor Moldova and the rest of the EU/NATO alliance, gives Russia the middle finger and puts Kaliningrad on notice that we aren't above taking back territory.

Escalation is a red herring, Russia hasn't any qualms about escalating in theory or in practice. The west needs to start putting our collective boot in their ass. We are at war. The sooner our politicians wake up to that fact and the full consequences and responsibilities that are implied, the better.

View Quote

Ideally yes but the UA is under serious manpower stress and needs everyone out on the Eastern front for now.

I wish Moldova/Romania could do it but again ESCALATION...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:29:47 PM EDT
[#24]
View Quote

What time is the change of command ceremony? Asking for a friend...
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:30:51 PM EDT
[#25]

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:44:12 PM EDT
[#26]
In today's WSJ we have:

1)  Russian nuclear saber rattling.
2)  Ukraine changing its recruiting tactics.
3)  A US soldier detained in Russia.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 2:54:22 PM EDT
[#27]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM9_k_Da0AAOYwE?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

AKA DR. EVILLLLLL!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:20:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By mercersfinest4:
In today's WSJ we have:

1)  Russian nuclear saber rattling.
2)  Ukraine changing its recruiting tactics.
3)  A US soldier detained in Russia.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54489/Article_1_png-3208038.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/54489/Article_2_png-3208039.JPG
View Quote

Ukraine needed to change their recruiting tactics a year ago. I get so fucking frustrated with Ukraine's soviet disease sometimes.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. That video should get a lot of shares over there. Karma for you, cyka.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:

Sow the wind, reap the whirlwind. That video should get a lot of shares over there. Karma for you, cyka.

The real punchline is if she somehow finds her way back to Ukraine and finds out that all her stuff was looted by vatniks and/or destroyed by Russian shelling.....
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:34:32 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Saltwater-Hillbilly:

The real punchline is if she somehow finds her way back to Ukraine and finds out that all her stuff was looted by vatniks and/or destroyed by Russian shelling.....
View Quote

Its the soviet rot,  same as Chinas grab hags. No moral compass or thoughts of the future memememe mine mine mine how much can I steal.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:45:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Capta] [#31]
New silicon curtain about Georgia.

Marika Mikiashvili - Georgians Understand if Protests Fail Russia will Control the Country's Destiny

Also wanted to take the slightly gratuitous opportunity to introduce you to the lovely Georgian folksingers Trio Mandili:

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:49:29 PM EDT
[#32]
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM9_k_Da0AAOYwE?format=jpg&name=large
View Quote

How will they film the next Munster's movie without Lurch?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:57:24 PM EDT
[#33]

My sanity is always in question, but I think Ukraine capturing Transnistria is a legitimate goal as far as supplies are concerned. It eliminates a Russian enclave at their rear, helps their neighbor Moldova and the rest of the EU/NATO alliance, gives Russia the middle finger and puts Kaliningrad on notice that we aren't above taking back territory.

Escalation is a red herring, Russia hasn't any qualms about escalating in theory or in practice. The west needs to start putting our collective boot in their ass. We are at war. The sooner our politicians wake up to that fact and the full consequences and responsibilities that are implied, the better.

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#34]

Well my mortar adventure was in the mid 90's and we were dropping rounds from the Vietnam era 60's manufacture. Inside the packaging there was some leaflet or DOD "info card" signed by McNamara. Aside from the dud/stuck round (possibly from dirty tubes since we'd been firing all day), we had numerous airbursts over our heads. I'd drop a round...boom..then kaboom about a second later. Probably 500-1000 feet above us. Adolescent and stupid Itchy thought it was cool. I was told it was probably moisture intrusion into the prox. fuse. It was all a good time.
View All Quotes

We spend billions every year buying new stuff from them because they designed all of our bombs, explosives, missiles and shells to be one use items! Eisenhower warned us about this!

Well my mortar adventure was in the mid 90's and we were dropping rounds from the Vietnam era 60's manufacture. Inside the packaging there was some leaflet or DOD "info card" signed by McNamara. Aside from the dud/stuck round (possibly from dirty tubes since we'd been firing all day), we had numerous airbursts over our heads. I'd drop a round...boom..then kaboom about a second later. Probably 500-1000 feet above us. Adolescent and stupid Itchy thought it was cool. I was told it was probably moisture intrusion into the prox. fuse. It was all a good time.

I'm 60 and think it would be kinda cool!

In '84 we were firing 90mm recoilless rifle rounds from 1960. 4 years before I was born. Everyone we fired went off without a hitch but I remember being slightly shocked that we would be using rounds made before I was born against front line soviet units. It was only later I learned they weren't in production anymore.

I gotta say though, I do miss my M16A1. Everything's all fancy smancy nowadays, with lights and lasers and what not, but there was a beauty and elegance to the simplicity of the A1. I think I may have to fork up the money to buy one of the repro's here soon.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:07:34 PM EDT
[#35]

View All Quotes

If she really believes that Moldova is fucked.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:10:20 PM EDT
[#36]

View All Quotes

What we have here is, a failure, to communicate.

It was sarcasm dude!
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:21:22 PM EDT
[#37]

Russian T-80BVM tank with added front and rear-viewing cameras including a thermal camera for the driver.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#38]

Orcs.

Silver stealth suit. A camouflage suit that camouflages in the infrared due to layers of a thin film of silver applied to the base material on the outside and inside.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:32:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ServusVeritatis:

I’ve always been against the idea of Ukraine somehow easily rolling up Transnistria.  They don’t have the manpower or the offensive capability and it’s all they can do to hold ground in the east.  They don’t need to buy more problems.  Transnistria is not an important objective.
I don’t disagree with her in general.  At least with that as a public position.  Moldova can’t possibly sort it out themselves.  If it does need to get sorted, let Russia make the first move and have a plan in place to crush it.
Romania should already have a counterintel operation running.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:36:54 PM EDT
[#40]

In '84 we were firing 90mm recoilless rifle rounds from 1960. 4 years before I was born. Everyone we fired went off without a hitch but I remember being slightly shocked that we would be using rounds made before I was born against front line soviet units. It was only later I learned they weren't in production anymore.

I gotta say though, I do miss my M16A1. Everything's all fancy smancy nowadays, with lights and lasers and what not, but there was a beauty and elegance to the simplicity of the A1. I think I may have to fork up the money to buy one of the repro's here soon.
View All Quotes

If you want a project and a super light AR, build one with a KP-15 polymer lower.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#41]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unification_of_Moldova_and_Romania

I know, it's wikipedia and political articles are mostly total shit, but it's a short overview.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 4:56:53 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By kpacman:

You could post disparaging remarks about Biden all day long, but bring up Mike Johnson or MTG and you were banned.

The old thread was a treasure for many of us, and it's a shame a new thread was the only way around the unpredictable banning of participants that brought value to the thread.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By kpacman:
Originally Posted By K0UA:

REMINDER:
Complaining about moderation is a CoC violation. This thread is not getting the radical enforcement of the other, but users can and will still get warnings, locks, or bans for criticizing moderation. Please don't fall for that easy bait.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:00:44 PM EDT
[#43]
It was relatively quiet today, but I feel with victory day coming up things will change. Apparently the Shaheds are coming from Dnipro to us in Kharkiv now. Earlier was a mention of TU-95s flying around. Possible launch in the early hours.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:01:00 PM EDT
[#44]
Ideally yes but the UA is under serious manpower stress and needs everyone out on the Eastern front for now.

I wish Moldova/Romania could do it but again ESCALATION...
View Quote

I've long thought that Romania should provide Little Green Men (TM) to wipe out that Russian garrison in Transnistria (after securing the Copasna depot) and seize the rebel leaders. Sauce for the goose is good for the gander, after all.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 5:37:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Capta:

At least one that the Ukrainians examined was very recent production, within the last couple of years.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Capta:

In previously unreported details of an investigation under way into the missiles, the office of Ukraine's top prosecutor, Andriy Kostin, also told Reuters that the failure rate of the North Korean weaponry appeared to be high.

In 2010 NK shot up a SK fishing village and island with howitzer shells and rockets, about 25% fell short into the sea and 50% of the hits were duds.  Recent production.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:02:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Mal_means_bad:
In 2010 NK shot up a SK fishing village and island with howitzer shells and rockets, about 25% fell short into the sea and 50% of the hits were duds.  Recent production.
View Quote

The Russians weighted some 122mm ammo, every case had a different powder charge.

It was so bad, you could see this on the pictures they posted at telegram.

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 6:16:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By 4xGM300m:
https://i.imgur.com/6MnEy5X.jpeg

Orcs.

View Quote

Somewhere, a battalion clerk is asking "Ivan! Where did all my Post-Its go?"
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:08:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Wouldn't a down the throat strike by a large drone on a turtletank effectively blind it?
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:14:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 5/7/2024 7:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Prime] [#50]

The crew compliments the Abrams' accuracy, stabilization, thermal optics, and maneuverability. They also say the Abrams Reactive Armor Tile (ARAT) is effective, but they don't have reactive armor for the turret, which is the biggest shortcoming. They say the depleted uranium anti-tank rounds are effective, but they need more fragmentation rounds to perform other missions. The gunner and driver both said it was easy to learn how to operate. The driver says it would be effective in tank battles but that isn't the environment they are fighting in.

ABRAMS ????? ?? ???: ?? ???? ?? ?????? ??????????? ????????????? ????
Page / 70
Top Top