Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/11/2024 9:43:12 AM EDT
I saw one of these at the local gun store and had top check it out. Not a ton of info out there, but it seems the comp actually helps this gun a bit. I am hoping someone on the board has one or can talk a bit about how it performs. I know it might be a bigger carry gun, but it seems interesting to me. Holster options seem a bit thin at the moment, but I found a couple that might work.
Link Posted: 5/11/2024 11:28:06 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MK318] [#1]
I can’t speak to this particular version but I own P365 Macro Comp, and X-Five Legion Comp and a P320 AXG legion. All of them use the same type of comp that the XTen has. It is an expansion chamber comp. Being that it is built into the slide and not attached to the barrel you maintain your factory spring rates and reliability but you also get a flatter shooting gun. The built in comps that Sig is coming out with on their various pistols do work. They aren’t going to blow you away like barrel attached comps from companies like Radian and Parker Mnt but they do help mitigate muzzle rise. Something to note is while you have a shorter barrel the recoil spring length is the same length as the slide. So between the expansion chamber comp and the added spring rate you do get a noticeable feel with the comp Sigs vs the uncomped versions.

The interesting thing to me about the XTen comp is that it is a single port design vs the double port design that Sig has on their other comp guns. I’m assuming they wanted to keep the XTen comp relatively compact so they went with the shorter comp. I am not much of a 10mm guy but I think it is pretty cool that Sig put out a pretty much concealable 10mm pistol. The original XTen was a 5” gun and the XTen comp is a 4.25” slide with a 3.8” barrel. I’d like to see them offer a 5” slide with the 4.25” barrel and a double expansion chamber comp. It would be bigger obviously but with a Surefire X300 attached the light would be flush with the end of the slide, you’d have that extra mass from the light, a little extra barrel length, a bigger comp, and longer recoil spring. With an AXG type module it would be a hell of a fighting pistol. It would be flat and fast. If they did that I’d probably make the leap to owning a 10mm.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 12:26:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have both the X10 and the X10 Comp.  Both of mine suffer from FTF when I use hard cast loads and full magazines.   You will lose velocity with the shorter barrel, not sure if sufficient enough to dilute the benefits of the 10mm over
hot 40 S&W loads.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 4:44:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MTShells59:
I have both the X10 and the X10 Comp.  Both of mine suffer from FTF when I use hard cast loads and full magazines.   You will lose velocity with the shorter barrel, not sure if sufficient enough to dilute the benefits of the 10mm over
hot 40 S&W loads.
View Quote

I watched a YouTuber run the X10 comp and X10 over a chrono with identical loads. In general you could expect a 30-60 FPS loss.

I consider that a pretty minimal amount of loss.
Link Posted: 5/12/2024 10:26:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By Ruin:

I watched a YouTuber run the X10 comp and X10 over a chrono with identical loads. In general you could expect a 30-60 FPS loss.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ruin:
Originally Posted By MTShells59:
hot 40 S&W loads.

30-60FPS isn’t a significant difference and even with modern ammo it is not uncommon to see 20-30FPS swings shot to shot. The Glock 29 has a 3.78” barrel and there have been plenty of examples of people using the little Glock 29 to take down dangerous animals. Both the four legged and two legged types.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By MK318:

30-60FPS isn’t a significant difference and even with modern ammo it is not uncommon to see 20-30FPS swings shot to shot. The Glock 29 has a 3.78” barrel and there have been plenty of examples of people using the little Glock 29 to take down dangerous animals. Both the four legged and two legged types.
View Quote

That’s a good point too. I’m on the fence with the G29 not because of barrel length but its grip length. Supposedly you can get little +0 extensions but some reviews say it can pinch your hand.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 11:19:28 AM EDT
[#6]
I just bought one and I’m waiting on a holster that I ordered to be made before I can give some serious range time. I’ve only fired a couple of boxes of semi full powered ammo, it’s accurate and it recoils less that my 320 .40 carry AXG! It’s a nice pistol, I’m just waiting for that AXG frame to come out….
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 4:42:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ghostface:
I just bought one and I’m waiting on a holster that I ordered to be made before I can give some serious range time. I’ve only fired a couple of boxes of semi full powered ammo, it’s accurate and it recoils less that my 320 .40 carry AXG! It’s a nice pistol, I’m just waiting for that AXG frame to come out….
View Quote

Yeah the AXG module with that comped slide would be great.
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 5:00:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Love mine. Have a 320 SCS on it (hate using adapter plates) and it's one of my favorite 10mm guns. Haven't had any issues using a variety of range ammo (S&B, Sig, Magtech, Underwood).
Link Posted: 5/14/2024 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By IPMan:
Love mine. Have a 320 SCS on it (hate using adapter plates) and it's one of my favorite 10mm guns. Haven't had any issues using a variety of range ammo (S&B, Sig, Magtech, Underwood).
View Quote

How has your SCS held up to the 10mm? I have one. I like that it is fully enclosed but at the price point I like my ACRO P2s more.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/16/2024 2:38:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Only a few hundred rounds through it on the X-TEN Comp, but also have one on my X5 Legion and really like the optic. Wish all of their SCS models were enclosed like this one. Had the ACRO but didn't play well with my stig, so these are my go-to on any guns that they make them for.
Top Top