Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2024 3:13:03 PM EDT
Lots of hype before its release and some the first few months but been a long time since anyone mentioned it.
Was it a failed project or just never lived up to the hype?
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 8:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
They failed to produce enough, there were issues, now supposedly a 2.0 version underway
Link Posted: 5/18/2024 11:53:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. Supposed to be the E version for enhanced. Lighter trigger, optics ready and tighter tolerances for increased accuracy
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 10:16:59 AM EDT
[#3]
They released a updated version that costs nearly twice as much as it did originally... well, apparently. I cant remember ever seeing a price tag for the original incarnation, but its Rock Island Armory, no one expects a near $2K gun.
Link Posted: 5/19/2024 11:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I have one.  It has been a great gun.  I don’t shoot it much though.
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:41:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Rudukai13] [#5]
EDIT: ARF done fucked up
Link Posted: 5/20/2024 9:41:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The original irons only/optic only guns were a limited run. They’ve introduced the RIA 5.0E version now, which is a standard production unit and comes optics ready with slide lightening cuts but is otherwise the same gun:

I’ve seen a couple at multiple LGS and they’re all over Gunbroker:

https://www.gunbroker.com/All/search?Keywords=RIA%205.0&Sort=13

Neat guns. Feels really nice in the hand and the trigger is great. If it were even a tiny bit ambidextrous I’d probably buy one, but gun manufacturers in 2024 are still retarded sometimes
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top